HOLY COW! Anyone else have this problem?!?!?

OMG:wacko:The new dining system is not without problems!!! And that is an understatement!!!

So today was my 90 window!! I got up at 4:45 (Colorado time) to be ready to get my ADRS!! I was getting our favorites at the times we want no matter what!!! HA!!
I call right at 5(7 disney world time), the cue tells me my call will be answered in less than 3 minutes, I was excited:laugh:… about 8 minutes go by and someone answers, not too bad. At least I thought!!:noo: I tell her I am checking in on May 28th for 9 days and I need to make my advance dining ressies for my trip. So she says please hold for our NEW system… SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 35 minutes later FINALLY someone answers and promptly asks for my confirmation#, which in all the years I have been doing this I have never been asked before. I told her that I did not have that and she replied, “NO problem I will look it up for you!!” This took at least another 10 minutes:dry:

So finally we start with my reservations!!! The CM was unbelieveably nice, and helpful but the process was so slow I could not believe it!!!
Over an hour into the whole process and we still were not done! Then she could not find a fantastmic package because June schedule is not out, AANNDD I could only make 12 reservations at one time, i did not even get this.
We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan and we have 2 planned per day for 8 days, so you guessed it I have to call back and do it all again!!! I wanted to cry:crying:

The only good thing is we got Le Cellier twice!!!:biggrin: HDDR category 1 and we are first on the list, which means a table up front, we got Boma at a time we wanted, Crystal Palace:happy: for breakfast and dinner another day and a few other good ones, but I have to call back to finish!!

[B]TIP**[/B]Call exactly 90 days out, the Cm told me they seem much busier at 90 days than they ever were at 180.
**Know your resort confirmation number it will save you some time.
**And be ready to allow time to wait…and wait…and wait!!:wacko:

Great tips :smile:

Wow seems like a lot to go through, at the moment at least.

I had my travel agent make all our ADRs, let them earn their keep :laugh:

that sounds crazy… I hope it is smoother for round 2…

wow…i am sorry you had to go through all of that. but at least you are getting what you wanted so far. btw great ressies!!..and not to mention LeCellier TWICE, thats unbelievable! good luck on round 2.

[QUOTE=Dopey;939166]Great tips :smile:

I had my travel agent make all our ADRs, let them earn their keep :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I did not know you could do that!! Mouseketrips is so great I am sure they would, but I am anal and want to have control of these things:whistling

Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out!!!

Yes, same story here. We’re getting there May 26.

What a crazy morning! Glad you got what you wanted though!! Hopefully the next round goes smoother. I calculated my 90 day window for our April 2010 trip is on New Year’s Day. Hopefully when I call first thing in the morning people will too tired from New Year’s Eve to make their ADRs first thing that morning!

[QUOTE=Dopey;939166]Great tips :smile:

I had my travel agent make all our ADRs, let them earn their keep :laugh:[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly what we do. Never had trouble getting our ADR’s. So much easier.

Only 12 at a time?! :blink: That makes no sense!

I just called a couple weeks ago and made all 20 of ours at once; I was on the phone with the CM for maybe 25 minutes! :whistling

Wow I’m sorry, that must have been soooo frustrating!

Wow that must have been very frustrating- Keith from Mousektrips did ours last trip as for us calling Internationally a 25 minute phone call would cost more than the ADR dinners!

[QUOTE=inluvwithdisney;939170]I did not know you could do that!! Mouseketrips is so great I am sure they would, but I am anal and want to have control of these things:whistling

Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out!!![/QUOTE]

I don’t know if mouseketrips would do it, I know my guy offered to do it for me, he had it all typed up for me with ADR confirmation numbers, What the dress code is in each restaurant. It was wonderful. and I didn’t lift a finger.

We booked a trip with Keith at Mousketrips last year, and he offered to do our ADRs, but we already had them. He was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful to work with!

More frustration!!! I did get thru easier this time tho!
(ANOTHER TIP: Call 407-939-MAGIC not DINE the MAGIC option gives you the option to skip the original dining system and go to the 90 day out system and was MUCH quicker)

Ok so I got thru quicker but still was frustrated with some of the things that went on. I got my few other ADRs EXCEPT my Brown Derby fantasmic package. Evidently, the Fantasmic schedule is out but the system has not been updated so you cannot book the package yet!!:noo: So I have to keep trying back until the system is updated. And then she told me we could do as many reservations as I needed at once and should have never been made to call back. It is lucky I love this place so much otherwise I would have about lost it!!!:wacko: So now I am done I think, except for the Fantasmic package! Whew!

[QUOTE=inluvwithdisney;939227]
Ok so I got thru quicker but still was frustrated with some of the things that went on. I got my few other ADRs EXCEPT my Brown Derby fantasmic package. Evidently, the Fantasmic schedule is out but the system has not been updated so you cannot book the package yet!!:noo: So I have to keep trying back until the system is updated. And then she told me we could do as many reservations as I needed at once and should have never been made to call back. It is lucky I love this place so much otherwise I would have about lost it!!!:wacko: So now I am done I think, except for the Fantasmic package! Whew![/QUOTE]

Seriously, whoever you talked to the first time sounded like they were trying to get rid of you! I have never heard that “12 at a time” rule before. I would have been furious if I were you!

I probably would be but she was genuinely very nice and I really think she probably didn’t know. There are a lot of different things about this new system and I do not think everyone knows totally what they are doing. As frustrating as that is unfortunately that it the reality with alot of things!!:laugh:
So luckily we ended up getting pretty much everything we wanted!! So other than the frustration it all ended up ok!

[QUOTE=inluvwithdisney;939230]I probably would be but she was genuinely very nice and I really think she probably didn’t know. There are a lot of different things about this new system and I do not think everyone knows totally what they are doing. As frustrating as that is unfortunately that it the reality with alot of things!!:laugh:
So luckily we ended up getting pretty much everything we wanted!! So other than the frustration it all ended up ok![/QUOTE]

Well good, I am glad it all ended up okay and that you got almost everything you wanted! :happy:

That’s true, I suppose there are a lot of CMs really unfamiliar with the new system so it’s got to be difficult on them. I don’t envy them at all. :pinch:

They should do a better job of educating their employees in the new system That makes them look bad…

How frustrating! Good info though. Thanks.

Well that’s super frustrating… it didn’t make you late to work or anything, did it?

I still have a while (okay, many months) until I make ADRs, but I live in EST, so spending a lot of time on ADRs in the morning might make me late to school (but I probably don’t need to make my ADRs 90 days in advance… don’t have any in mind that fill up super quickly)!

Glad you got your ADRs of choice! (Great selection, btw!) Hope your next ADR session goes smoothly!

Thanks for the Heads Up on making ADRs, we will be making ours next month. I also heard that if you are staying on Disney property you can call an extra 10 days ahead. Did anyone else hear about this?