Home Again

with many tales to tell. However, I’ve got a crazy couple of days ahead - so I’ll be a bit in starting my report. We did have a super time - great weather, non-existent crowds and oh my! Harry Potter!!! I’ll be back.

Oh my word, I can’t believe you are back already. Glad to hear about the crowds (leaving Tuesday) and can’t wait to hear the details. Be back soon!!!

But, llama, did you have a chance to watch any of the US Open??? :huh:

Glad you had a great time! Can’t wait to hear about your trip. :smile:

[QUOTE=smee57;1048432]But, llama, did you have a chance to watch any of the US Open??? :huh:

Glad you had a great time! Can’t wait to hear about your trip. :smile:[/QUOTE]

Of course I did! I love that the US Open has night matches! (and watching right now!):happy:

I hope they stay down - and I don’t see why they shouldn’t! I’ve never seen WDW so uncrowded. It was so great just to stroll leisurely around and not have to wait for anything. Picked up a bit on the weekend, but still nothing close to crowded.

:ohmy::ohmy: You got to see Harry Potter :mellow: Oh I am jealous. I can’t wait to read all about it. There are picachures as well, right?

Whew. Then carry on with your TR. :heart:

(They have been good matches, haven’t they?! The mens final is pretty predictable, but I’m not so sure about the womens.)

[QUOTE=smee57;1048460]Whew. Then carry on with your TR. :heart:

(They have been good matches, haven’t they?! The mens final is pretty predictable, but I’m not so sure about the womens.)[/QUOTE]

I was watching the Querry/Wawrinka match in the Regina airport. (why I was in the Regina airport will be revealed). Regina isn’t exactly a hotbed of tennis. They’re more into tractor-pulls, but I was gasping and oohiing and ahhing and everyone was looking at me like I was nuts.:laugh:

Now, to the report. I have pictures - many pictures!!! Well, for me at least - but my darn computer is acting up and I can’t get the link to work, so the pictures will have to wait until dh gets home and figures it out for me.

So - we left Wpg. at the very civilized time of 2 p.m. On this trip it was me, Neil (dh) and oldest daughter Sarah. Younger daughter Emily didn’t seem to mind staying at home to gaze adoringly at her boyfriend.:glare: Besides, she had to work.

It was a gorgeous, summer day and we had no problems flying out. We went Delta this time (if any of you want to remain my friends NEVER say the word “Delta” to me again!:angry: ALL WILL BE REVEALED.) This was the first time we ever travelled with just “carry-on”, and I was a bit nervous about being hauled off to jail for having a non-regulation cream rinse in my bag, which might exceed the regulation plastic bag size, but it turned out to be just fine. We landed in Orlando on time, which was 11 p.m., so we were tired, but got the rental car and headed to the condo we were staying in for 3 days. We had looked at this condo the last time we were in Orlando, with the idea of perhaps buying - so we wanted to see it again. It is a beautiful property, but we decided that we’re just not ready to take that step - but for any of you who are looking for inexpensive, extremely nice accomodations off-property, the name of it is Caribe Cove and you can rent a 2 bedroom condo (beautifully furnished & maintained) and you can trust me because I’m a snob about this stuff for something like $72. a night.

We collapsed into bed and fell right to sleep.

Oh - it’s always so nice to wake up in Florida! It had been raining the night before, but now the sun was shining and we decided to head to AK - I don’t know why we always start at AK but we do - after breakfast at an IHOP (culture shock at the size of the portions, as usual). Three of us shared 2 entrees and left half. On to the AK!

Can’t wait to hear more.

I have interrupted my job to read. So it is now time to REVEAL all, dear Llama.

Get on with it!

It was hot, hot, HOT! And I loved it. After our last two trips where we were absolutely freezing and miserable all the time, I revelled in the heat.

I think the end of August, early Sept. is the best time to go. The parks were empty. Our first day was a Saturday, so there were a few more people at the AK, but through the whole week it was like the place was deserted. I think we used about a total of 4 fastpasses all week.

We were doing the Harambe Jungle Walk and were looking at the gorillas and I said - "son of a gun - that looks like Dana! (NO, NOT THE GORILLA) and I looked again, and sure enough - it was her! Imagine the odds. So hugs and smiles all around. We had a few minutes to chat. Sara is getting so mature - she’s not the little girl I met when she was 8! It was so nice to see them again - Dana doesn’t change a bit - Joisey Girl! Her accent always makes me smile. After saying goodbye, we carried on with AK. Sarah and I did Everest - Neil does not do rollercoasters. We did the Safari and Dinosaur and at Neil’s insistence - the bird show. (why this man loves birds so much I do not know). We tried the counterservice at Yak & Yeti and the sweet 'n sour chicken was quite good. One container was enough for all of us. By then we were exhausted. It was only 1 p.m. but we decided to go back to the condo for a rest. We did a quick stop at the Target to pick up some groceries and so that Sarah and I could fondle all the pretty Archer Farm packages.:wub: It was a good choice to leave when we did. Rain settled in for the rest of the day - but I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow and didn’t wake up until about 5 p.m. That was the only rain we experienced all week - it didn’t rain again until we were on the plane going home - how’s that for perfect timing? Well - now to confess our dirty little secret. (we’re Boston Market-aholics)Don’t ask me why, but we absolutely love the stuff. So Neil went out to get our supper - in the pouring rain - and we settled in for the evening.

Hey, Boston Market rocks. :laugh:

And your Archer Farms lust just cracks me up.

I :heart: Boston market!!!
There used to be one right up the street from my office…its a bank now :angry:

All our Boston Markets went away, except one that is about 30 minutes from my house. Truly, I think I’m going to be jumping in a car after I’m done with Mousebuzz, and picking up some dinner from there. The minute you said their name, my mouth started watering for their cream of spinich and mashed potatoes, oh I guess I should pick up some chicken also!

:wub:Boston Market:wub: They took ours away too:angry::glare:

[QUOTE=llama;1048672]I was watching the Querry/Wawrinka match in the Regina airport. (why I was in the Regina airport will be revealed). Regina isn’t exactly a hotbed of tennis. They’re more into tractor-pulls, but I was gasping and oohiing and ahhing and everyone was looking at me like I was nuts.:laugh:
[/QUOTE]

Okay, that made me laugh. Now I’ve got to read on!

Boston Market? I’ve never even heard of it…must not be one close to me. Darn, because you guys are making me think I need to go to one! :glare: Anyway, we’re thinking about going to Disney next September, so it’s good to hear the crowd levels were so low! Were you there over Labor Day weekend?

More please!

Yes, we were there over the weekend and although the crowds increased a bit - it wasn’t even close to crowded or probably even “average”.

So…the pictures will have to wait for the end. For some reason this stupid computer will not save pictures. Both my husband and daughter have tried and they are stumped. So, I’ll have to wait for Sarah to bring her camera over (the pics are on her computer).

So…where was I? Oh yes. Sunday was Neil’s birthday - no Neil, you do not look 55 - so it was “his” day and he wanted to go to Epcot. We got him his birthday button and he was quite pleased with all the attention he got, because he loves to be the centre of attention.:glare: We were able to walk on Soarin’ - his favourite. We had a nice day. Although I was really disappointed in the Sunshine Seasons. I always look forward to my grilled salmon with mashed potatoes. Well the salmon was good, but the potatoes were disgusting - just a gluey mess - so I had the rice - and it just wasn’t the same. I can’t recall anything outstanding happening that day. Another embarrassing confession: it was his decision where he wanted to eat and he chose…CrackerBarrell:blush: Omigosh - that is SO embarrassing to admit. I LOATHE the place, but Neil loves it because it’s CHEAP:glare: So after enduring some “down home cookin’” we headed back to the condo to pack up because the next day we were moving to OKW!!! Yay! This condo was nice, but I don’t feel like I’m at Disney until I’m staying at Disney. We were up and out of the place by 8 a.m. the next morning and we were “welcomed home” in no time at all.

I know a lot of people don’t choose OKW as their favourite DVC but we love it. We love the peace and quiet and the “village” feeling. I understand how some love the “excitement” of Disney 24/7, but we love the tranquility after a day in the parks. We were the only people checking in - I had requested Building 45, main floor and we were able to get it. After presenting us with a balloon bouquet of flowers and a puppy dog - we headed to our building. YAY!! We got a refurbished suite! It was beautiful, fresh and clean and the view of the Sassagoula from our patio was so beautiful. I was SO happy to be home. Well, we dumped our stuff and headed out to Hollywood Studios (Sarah’s choice). When do I get MY choice?:huh: Like…THE MAGIC KINGDOM!:angry:

am lovin the trip report… your tr always make me feel like im there… more please