Homemade Mickey Mouse Candy Apples!

They’re kinda ugly, but not too bad for my first endeavor into making candy covered apples! I already have wayyy better ideas on how to make these next time! My Mickey Mouse Caramel and Chocolate covered apples!

Should I make a tutorial on how to make these? The changes that I made to how to make them look a MILLION times better, but I don’t have pictures of them yet. The picture posted is from my first set that I was just practicing on.

I made up the steps on my own.

:blush:

Very cute! I bet you had fun making those! Did you eat them? Candy apples kill my teeth!:laugh:

Post the directions on making them. I am certain someone on here will end of doing it…lol I can’t eat them, but they are nice to look at.

Pass it over, I’ll eat it!
Great idea.

This was also on the DisneyParks.com blog:

Have you ever thought about making a Minnie Mouse Candy Apple? Candy maker Margie Bursiaga at Marceline’s Confectionary in the Downtown Disney District sure makes it seem simple in the video below.
What do you need to get started? An apple on a stick, caramel, marshmallows, melted milk chocolate, melted white chocolate, an edible red bow, red sugar and white chocolate dots. Got that? Now watch the video:

VIDEO

The apple designs at Marceline’s Confectionary in the Downtown Disney District represent a collaboration between candy makers, store management and the product development team. The designs can take more than a month, as candymakers go from developing the concept to producing and selling it in the candy store. There are more than a dozen different apple selections that change throughout the seasons. Do you have a favorite?

Looks good to me! Nothin like a little homemade Disney magic :slight_smile:

Fun idea!

I loved the video. Watching it… well, I imagine I’d have a vatful of chocolate-covered marshmallows because the ears would keep coming off.

Very cute, Stacey!!! :happy: Love the buttons!! Are those marshmallows?

I love them Stacey- well done ( bet they taste great too) xx

[QUOTE=Andrea;1034348]Fun idea!

I loved the video. Watching it… well, I imagine I’d have a vatful of chocolate-covered marshmallows because the ears would keep coming off.[/QUOTE]

I know . . . they make it look so easy, has to be that Disney Magic! :heart:

Haha, noo. I don’t eat candy apples! lol. I made them for my nieces and nephews for our BBQ over Memorial Day weekend. They were a lot of fun to make, but a little frustrating since I made up my own directions and I’m not used to working with caramel or melted chocolate! I think next time it’ll go a lot smoother and they will come out a lotttt better! So I’m excited!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1034336]This was also on the DisneyParks.com blog:

Have you ever thought about making a Minnie Mouse Candy Apple? Candy maker Margie Bursiaga at Marceline’s Confectionary in the Downtown Disney District sure makes it seem simple in the video below.
What do you need to get started? An apple on a stick, caramel, marshmallows, melted milk chocolate, melted white chocolate, an edible red bow, red sugar and white chocolate dots. Got that? Now watch the video:

VIDEO

The apple designs at Marceline’s Confectionary in the Downtown Disney District represent a collaboration between candy makers, store management and the product development team. The designs can take more than a month, as candymakers go from developing the concept to producing and selling it in the candy store. There are more than a dozen different apple selections that change throughout the seasons. Do you have a favorite?[/QUOTE]

Awwww, Minnie one’s would be so cute! They look a little harder than the Mickey one’s I made though! Believe me… it was no where near as easy as that video makes it look! haha. :blush:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1034348]Fun idea!

I loved the video. Watching it… well, I imagine I’d have a vatful of chocolate-covered marshmallows because the ears would keep coming off.[/QUOTE]

Haha, oh my gosh!!! It was soo hard to keep those ears in the right place. Thats why mine were a little off set. But eventually as I made them, they got a little better and I learned a good technique by the end! I’ll have to try it again and post the revised instructions and tips!

Maybe I’ll try Minnie ones. Or Sulley and Mike!

They are actually yellow melting chocolate disks! I just melted a few of them and used that melted choc. as a binding agent and “glued” the disks on like his buttons! :]

Haha, too make it look that easy is definitely SOME kind of magic. :laugh:

Thank you everyone for the kind words! :] I’ll let you know what the kiddo’s think of them today when they eat em!!

I also think it helps that they have all the professional equipment/setup…it seems things are always easier when you have a big vat of chocolate and caramel melted to the perfect temperature!

However, your apples still look adorable and delicious! :happy:

[QUOTE=CuriousAlice;1034500]I also think it helps that they have all the professional equipment/setup…it seems things are always easier when you have a big vat of chocolate and caramel melted to the perfect temperature!

However, your apples still look adorable and delicious! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Haha, most definitley! :happy:

And thank you very much!