HomeMade Spirit Of Aloha Dinner!

I’m sooo excited about tonight, because I am cooking my family a dinner based on the food you recieve at the Spirit of Aloha Luau show at the Polynesian! I’m so excited I finally found and figured out all the recipes I need!

I’ll get pictures and stuff up tomorrow most likely! :smiley:

Here’s on the menu:

*Santa Fe salad with Mango Poppyseed dressing.
*Coconut Pineapple bread.

*Polynesian styled Chicken with Pineapple and Peach preserve topping.
*Polynesian rice.
*Polynesian styled mixed veggies.
*Coconut shrimp.
*Mango salsa!

*Pinacolda smoothies and fruit juice drinks!
(And my speciality) *Chocolate covered coconut macaroon encrusted Philadelphia cheesecake! :smiley:

I’m excited! :wub:

How fun, sounds yummy, let us know how everyone liked it.

Most definitely! I am very excited myself to see how everyone likes it! I hope it taste like the Luau! Becuase I crave that bread and rice from the Luau all year long! So to have a fix for it would be awesome! :blush:

I’m sure that you and your family are going to love it and be mentally transported to Luau Cove!!!

My DW was wondering if the Mango Poppyseed dressing is the same as they use at the Luau. Do you have a recipe and can we get it? Or did you buy the dressing and if you did where did you get it?
Thanks

[QUOTE=brit;946752]My DW was wondering if the Mango Poppyseed dressing is the same as they use at the Luau. Do you have a recipe and can we get it? Or did you buy the dressing and if you did where did you get it?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

No, I just played around with some different ingredients than I found a recipe and compared the two. It tastes pretty darn close!

And sure thing I’ll get you the recipe! I have it written down in my recipe book, but I’m not at my house right now, so when I get home, I’ll send it to you! ^.^

[QUOTE=brit;946752]My DW was wondering if the Mango Poppyseed dressing is the same as they use at the Luau. Do you have a recipe and can we get it? Or did you buy the dressing and if you did where did you get it?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Here it is… Sorry it’s so late!

1 cup mango pulp (I just cut around the hard center of the mango and peeled the skin off then cut it into small squares and mashes them with a potato masher because I didn’t want to clean the blender afterwards!! But if you do that you’re going to need to mix it with an electric mixer to emulsify it. :D)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup salad oil (canola oil. It’s mainly tasteless and holds up well in a salad dressing!)
1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds

IT TASTES JUSTTTT LIKE THE LUAU! :smiley:

Hey everyone! Here’s the pictures I promised and the lowdown! So everyone LOVED everything! (Even the kidssss! OMG. haha.) Everything tasted sooo delicious. The salad was DEAD ON. And the other things I changed them up a little bit, but they were just as good, every Polynesian tasting! :smiley: Everyone ate like 3 plates! lol.

If anyone wants any of the recipes, just let me know!

Santa Fe Salad with Mango Poppyseed dressing:

The bread I changed and made it more into a dessert, more like a muffin tasting cake! Because I could not find macaroons ANYWHERE, and I wanted a dessert. So I took the same flavors and made a cake not a bread. :smiley: Equally delicious:

Polynesian-Styled Chicken with Pineapple and Apricot preserve glaze:

Polynesian-styled Mixed Veggies in a sweet soy sauce:

Polynesian Rice:

Sorry! I don’t know how to post with the pictures, so I just put the links! BTW, can someone tell me how to post pictures in here. I thought you could only do it in TR, but I thought I saw other threads with pics that weren’t TR’S?? :confused:

lol.
:blush:

I’m excited about the allears recipe page everyones talking about. I can’t wait to plan the next Disney themed dinner! :smiley:

Everything looked delicious! Making me hungry at work!

Yummy!!! It looks like this didn’t make it to the table, but do you mind sharing your recipe? It sounds like something that my family would love!

PS - everything else looks mighty tasty too. :happy:

What a cool idea!

[QUOTE=allirella;947374]Yummy!!! It looks like this didn’t make it to the table, but do you mind sharing your recipe? It sounds like something that my family would love!

PS - everything else looks mighty tasty too. :happy:[/QUOTE]

I’d love to share the recipe!! Right now I’m at work though, and I just popped on the site! I’ll post it to you when I get home! :smiley:

Thank you!

Wow… looks YUMMY!

Haha, thank you so much everyone! :smiley:

I’m already thinking of the next one!

Tonights Disney dinner was another hit. I made the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier. Again the recipe on the internet was a little different from the book. I did add diced potatos to the soup which was good. I also made the peanut butter pie from the Disney Cruise Line.

That sounds sooo goood!