Honest thoughts on WDW in June

Specifically, June 14-21. Crowd level?? Heat/humidity?? Hurricane season?? Anything else to keep in mind??

We’re just giving it some consideration right now. I need really honest thoughts and opinions!!! :mickey:

We went the 9th thru 14th this year…and it was…well…we had a great trip in light of the circumstances.
It was HOT…if you’ve been in July and August before it’s not quiet that hot but it’s fairly close and walking around all day it could be uncomfortable. We usually left the parks around 12 and went back around 4 or 5 to beat the heat. The crowds were pretty intense and even EMH’s were crowded. We had been in early June in 2005 and we found the crowds had increased greatly.
On the other hand we had a great, relaxing trip. We went to the pool a lot, took a lot of naps and really enjoyed some “calmer” areas of the parks. Oh…and we bought one of those $18 dollar miracle water misting fans. That saved us.

Oh! And it’s a bit early for hurricane season. It will have offically started by then but storms in June can be rare. It’s really late July, August, Sept. and October when storms hit. However, there were a few mid-afternoon showers but we were usually back in our rooms anyways. And the few times we were in the parks when it poured everything cleared out and we hit the rides we could.

And don’t schedule big lunches!! That was the worst idea because then you are uncomfortably full, hot and all you want to do is sleep!

We’ve been the first week of June a couple of times and once it was beautiful and once it was HOT. Expect summer crowds and summer heat.

We’ve been the 1st week of June several times. We like the leave the moment the kids get out of school so we can beat the midwest/eastcoast school release crowds. So the crowds aren’t bad and it’s usually pretty comfortable temp-wise, however this past June it was unusually hot…even the Floridians were saying that it was more like August temps than June. The latest we been at WDW is June 10th…so we haven’t been the week you’re looking at.

i’ve went to Disney about 3 times in June, heat is usually nice and hot, but i’m used to it living her its insane how hot it gets here and we have NO WIND most of the time. crowd is fairly crowded but we muttered through I love the sudden rain storms that last maybe 10 minutes, but thats Florida lol. and I’ve personally went at the beginning, middle and End of June for me it wasn’t that different. What was weird was when me and Elizabeth went this past July, it was COOLER than it has ever been in June…go figure.

We Viseted Disney in June 2006 and had a fantastic time.

Weather very hot, high humidity and lots of thunderstorms also got some stormy weather from a hurricane/ tropical storm over on the Tampa coast.
June is said to be the wettest in Florida. Thunder most afternoons around PM :eek:

Orlando Weather History - CityRating.com

Crowdsvery busy long Que’s for rides

[QUOTE=jimbo;889911]We Viseted Disney in June 2006 and had a fantastic time.

Weather very hot, high humidity and lots of thunderstorms also got some stormy weather from a hurricane/ tropical storm over on the Tampa coast.
June is said to be the wettest in Florida. Thunder most afternoons around PM :eek:

Orlando Weather History - CityRating.com

Crowdsvery busy long Que’s for rides[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that link! And the info. So far I’m leaning toward looking at another time to go.

We visited late November, loved MVMCP cold on a night time but a very nice time.

We are going in September next year and looking forward to not so scary Halloween. but worried about hurricanes.

there is just so many good times to go to Disney

I’ve been in June and the crowds are just too intense. Overall you have a great time because you are at WDW but you can’t help but wish the crowds were smaller. The weather can be pretty not and humid but its manageable in June. My honest thought is trips in June are definitely not for the Daydreamer family.

I would say go in June over July, August and Spring Break (and maybe Christmas…but somehow to ambiance and the weather seem to make up for the crowds) but if you can go any other time of year go then.

yes!! i totally agree with Bella.

seriously…you could not pay me to go to WDW during the summer.

the FL heat is unlike anything else…it’s “oppressive”.
i live in the panhandle and i know i said at least a dozen times over this summer…i cannot imagine being at WDW right now!:eek: and it gets even hotter in Orlando.

for people who cannot go any other time…then maybe it’s worth it. but for me…it would not be a time i could choose to be walking around all day and waiting in lines…outside.

Well, see, that’s the issue. Our choices are pretty much Christmas, Easter, and summer. Can’t risk taking DS out of school because school isn’t easy for him as it is. And I work for the school district so if I take days off that aren’t vacation days, I have to go payroll deduct for at least a couple of the days. Which adds to the cost of the trip in the long run. :frown: We’ve done Christmas and spring break. Weather-wise, we prefer spring!!! We handled the crowds okay. We didn’t like being away from home for Christmas so we likely won’t do that again. Our choices pretty much are Easter and the week after school lets out.

we are going may 30-june 7th - i’m hoping the crowds won’t be too awful that early.

i’d say go for it - i think it’d be better than easter week

WDW in June is way better than New Jersey in June.

It will be brutally hot. But…if you set a plan everyday you will be fine. Plus you’ll be at Disney. If you decide to go plan on going to the parks at opening. Take a pool break in the afternoon. Then head to the parks at night.

Smee, we have been to Disney in June twice, and yes it was hot, but I honestly preferred it to August. I just didn’t seem that bad crowd wise or heat wise to me, comparing it to August.