Honeymoon Ideas

Hi everyone. I have been lurking around this site for a while now but I decided to finally post and get an opinion from the experts.

I am planning our honeymoon and we are staying 7 nights at the polynesian. i was wondering what are some good activities for us newly weds other than going to the parks of course. Also some romantic dinning spots would be nice too.

Make sure you get a set of the wedding mickey/minnie hat and ears. You’ll get lots of attention then

welcome… I would try the hot air balloon in DTD… You will have a great vacation at the POLY… Very nice hotel.

Hi welcome to MB

Do a real hot air balloon ride although it starts around 05.30 am including breakfast.
we did it on our honeymoon and it was a fantastic experiance we were in flight for around 30-40 Min’s.

~ Hot Air Balloon Rides in Orlando, Florida with Orange Blossom Balloons

orange blossom staff were so friendly to us. :heart:

Congratulations! I also honeymooned at the Polynesian and it is very romantic.

One of my favorite places for dinner is the California Grill. Make a reservation for sunset (very romantic) and then you also get to watch the fireworks. I never did it, but I understand that you can have dinner for two on the beach at the Grand Floridian. I understand its pricey, but it is suppose to be very nice.

One of my favorite things at the Polynesian is watching the Electric Water Parade and fireworks from the beach. For a little romance, grab a drink, bring a blanket, and walk down the beach to find your own secluded spot to watch the show.:heart:

Ohh fun! I honeymooned at Disney and loved every second of it. Be sure to buy the ears you’ll get lots of attention and maybe a few surprises you wouldn’t expect. You’re staying a great place too. Be sure to hit the beach at the Poly one night for the Electrical Water Parade. It’s great. There are also carriage rides around POFQ and POR resorts. Also book a nice dinner at Jiko, California Grill, Narcosses or somewhere like that.

Honeymoon? Dinner at Victoria and Albert’s (bring very good clothes)
Fireworks cruise. You can try for Illuminations, but that is next to impossible because of very limited availability. You’ll have a much better chance of getting a boat for any of the Magic Kingdom shows.
Spa treatment for two at Grand Floridian.
California Grill is also a good option for a special dinner.
You could go horseback riding together.
Check on availability and pricing for a dinner cruise on the Grand 1 yacht.
Those are some things.

When we stayed at POFQ, I loved watching the carriage rides go by. The resort is so beautiful as it is, and I would imagine the actual carriage ride would be absolutely wonderful.

We plan on doing a lot of romantic dinners…we booked the dining deluxe just for the 3 table service, we arent big breakfast people so we are going to use the extra table service for two dinner credits.

If you’re doing the deluxe dining plan, I’d suggest character breakfast buffets and signature restaurants for dinner. You’ll have 2 snack credits each day, so that will tide you over between breakfast and dinner. I also suggest hitting the parks at open and then grabbing the latest breakfast reservation (usually 10:30).

Some things you can do.

• Horse drawn carraige ride
  • Jet skiing
  • Day trip to Daytona Beach
  • 1 night trip to the Bahamas (Discovery Cruises)
  • Universal studious City Walk
  • Queen Victoria’s/Prince Albert’s

Victoria & Albert’s Hands Down!!

Welcome to MouseBuzz! :happy:

[QUOTE=PhilliesFan;988310]Congratulations! I also honeymooned at the Polynesian and it is very romantic.

One of my favorite places for dinner is the California Grill. Make a reservation for sunset (very romantic) and then you also get to watch the fireworks. I never did it, but I understand that you can have dinner for two on the beach at the Grand Floridian. I understand its pricey, but it is suppose to be very nice.

One of my favorite things at the Polynesian is watching the Electric Water Parade and fireworks from the beach. For a little romance, grab a drink, bring a blanket, and walk down the beach to find your own secluded spot to watch the show.:heart:[/QUOTE]

Yep, what they said! My husband :wub: and I also honeymooned at the Polynesian and enjoyed watching the fireworks and the Electric Water Parade from our balcony. We had our wedding dinner at California Grill, but returned there for a more intimate dinner later in our stay. The fireworks cruise is wonderful too!!! Oh…we also enjoyed swinging in one of the hammocks as the sun went down too:heart: