Hoop Dee Doo or Mickey's BBQ?

We are going to see the mouse at the end of Sept. for my DD’s 6th birthday. We will be doing alot of character meals so am not looking for autograph opportunities. Which do you all recommend - HDDR or MBBQ? I have read reviews on allears but I still don’t have a clear winner. Would love to hear mousebuzzers’ thoughts.

Thanks!

I have been to both and I would most definetly go to Hoop Dee Doo and your DD would enjoy the Hoop Dee Doo much better and the food was great!

We’ve done both and Hoop Dee Doo is our clear winner. HDD has become a must do during most of our trips, we love it.

Hoop Dee Doo is an amazingly fun show! You won’t forget it & the food is good, not the best food you’ll have in WDW, but I think the salad & fried chicken is yummy. The show REALLY is great though.

My vote is for Hoop De Doo. You will not be dissappointed.

I agree!! Well said! :happy:

HDDR hands down. The food is o.k. but the show is very fun and well worth it. This is a must do for us on every trip.

We have only done HDD, not Mickey’s BBQ yet, but agree that Hoop-de-do is a FANTASTIC show…you’ll have a blast!

HDDR! Your kids will love it and the adults,too.

I love Hoop Dee Doo. We had dinner there for my cousins birthday in January. The show is great and the food was good.

I will have to agree with the others even though we haven’t done either yet but have heard nothing but good things about HDDR

We have never done Mickeys BBQ but Hoop Dee Doo was great, my baby even loved it. My kids were not particularly fond of the food but they LOVED the show and the atmosphere, the kids were even picked to ring the dinner bell, so cute!

Have done both - Hoop de Doo is a MUST for us!! We love it.

BBQ - one of the few things at Disney that we will never do again! :crying:

So…by far I would go with the Hoop de Doo - DD8 had done it when she was 3, 6 & 8 and has loved it every time!

Thanks to everyone. I have my answer. Hoop de Doo sounds like the clear winner. Can’t wait to try it (assuming we’re able to get and ADR). Has anyone done the early show with the hopes of doing the Chip n Dale Campfire Sing a long afterwards? Too ambitious?

The camp fire thingy is soooo much fun. If you have not tried it, then you must give it a try.

The Hoop Dee Doo has never let me down. The past two times my DF has gone my DS was pulled on stage by Dolly. We love that show and the food is great too!!

[QUOTE=staceyheis;962435]We are going to see the mouse at the end of Sept. for my DD’s 6th birthday. We will be doing alot of character meals so am not looking for autograph opportunities. Which do you all recommend - HDDR or MBBQ? I have read reviews on allears but I still don’t have a clear winner. Would love to hear mousebuzzers’ thoughts.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

HDDR all the way!!! hands down!

Last summer we did both, on consecutive nights. The hands down consensus was that the Hoop Dee Doo Review was tops(5 family members ages 45,40, 17, 9, & 7). The food at Mickey’s BBQ was average at best. For the entire package, Hoop Dee Doo is for you.

I’m happy you asked this question. I was thinking of this for my DD bday in Sept also.