Hoop Dee Doo Question

Hello. We are considering the Hoop Dee Doo Revue this year. I’ve read so many good revues on it and would hate to be missing out on something so good.

My question is this. We would be using the ddp which is 2 table credits each. Do I have to pay for the reservation with credit card when I make the ressie then get the cost credited back after using the ddp at the show? Or do they just take a cc number to hold the reservation & if you don’t cancel then charge it to you cc?

Thanks so much!

I did Hoop Dee Doo last November. I am pretty sure they held our reservation using a credit card then when we got there we used the DDP credits. It was easy, no big deal. Great show, you’ll love it!

Yup - Wishy is right! If you tell them you are on the DP, they will only take the cc info (not charge it). If you don’t tell them you have DP, they make you pay in full. With the DP, they will only charge your card if you fail to show.

ENJOY THE SHOW and the YUMMY FOOD!!!

We gave them our credit card number and then paid with the DDP but the server had a little mix up and charged our CC just make sure the server knows you are on the DDP when you are seated.

I think you will love the show we had ages 2 to 45 and we all loved it! This is one of our must do-s when we go to WDW. The food was really quite tasty and plenty of it

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;857375]Yup - Wishy is right! If you tell them you are on the DP, they will only take the cc info (not charge it). If you don’t tell them you have DP, they make you pay in full. With the DP, they will only charge your card if you fail to show.

ENJOY THE SHOW and the YUMMY FOOD!!![/QUOTE]

If you are a no show, they TAKE the two credits anyway, and charge a $10/person charge to the cc . . . that is what I was told when I booked last July! You have 48 hours in advance to cancel with NO charge!

It’s a GREAT show! Enjoy! :heart:

the HDDR is my favorite thing to do at WDW! They won’t charge your card as long as you show up.

I didn’t want to start a new thread because I’m sure there are a zillion that are repeated so here’s my question.

What is the big draw to the Hoop Dee Doo. My wife’s friend just came back from WDW and he also told us it was a must see. What exactly IS the HDDR?:confused:

We made a reservation for California Grill for Nov, it is a 2 credit meal on DDP. They took my credit card to hold the reservation, but will only charge it if we don’t show. There is a 24 hour cancellation rule for these reservations (I believe) so make sure you are going or there will most likely be charge if you miss it.

I am pretty sure the same rule applies for all signature dining events that require a CC.

[QUOTE=disney1;869075]I didn’t want to start a new thread because I’m sure there are a zillion that are repeated so here’s my question.

What is the big draw to the Hoop Dee Doo. My wife’s friend just came back from WDW and he also told us it was a must see. What exactly IS the HDDR?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Hoop Dee Doo is a dinner show. The show is corny but so funny and the food is good. We’ve seen it maybe 5 times and we still laugh through the whole show. There are 6 members in the cast and they are very good together. The show has been running since about the time WDW opened so it must be good so sell out most nights after all these years.

My nieces and nephews (ages 18, 7, 4, 9 mos.) went to HDDMR two years ago and loved it, from my 18 year old nephew to my 4 year old niece.

My brother-in-law acts so nonchalant about everything, but even he was animated and excited when talking about HDDMR.

Thanks for all the help. I booked the HDDR for our upcoming trip. We are using the DDP and got Category 2. I can’t wait to see what all the fuss is about!

The CM also gave me a number to a call 24 hours in advance to set up a vegetarian meal. Has anyone ever gotten a vegetarian meal there? I am wondering what the options are. :confused: