Hoop Dee Doo Review cornbread recipe

My DGF and I went to the Hoop Dee Doo Review (cute show!).

Does anyone have the cornbread recipe? My DGF liked it so much I would like to make it for her.

Anyway our time at the HDDR…
Normally we eat healthy but heck, this was Disney. Anyway the food (and show) was great. The only thing I had toooo much cornbread. I had GBP surgery a few years ago and I could not keep the food down (I had to excuse myself). The waiter had the chief come out and ask me what would I like… He said he would cook anything… I just wanted soup. He had vegi soup (from the buffet next door); it was very good. Other then this I would recommend the HDDR.

-p

I love that cornbread myself. We went in June of this year and it was sooooo good. I would love the reciepe also.

Generally, the food at the Hoop is the same as Trails End. I do have the Trails End recipe, I just don’t have time right now to find it (we are moving and I’m heading to Disney for the weekend). But if nothing is posted, just remind me and I’ll get that to you. :slight_smile:

Soooo - if you like the Hoops Chicken and Ribs, and probably the cornbread too - you can eat them next door. The one thing that isn’t served at TE is strawberry shortcake, though they sometimes give it out for special occasions.

Denise

No one??? :frowning:

When the chief came out to ask if there is anything he can make me… my dgf said she liked the cornbread… He asked if we would like the reciepe, we said yes… but never stuck around and waited for it (I was not feeling well). I wish we did now.

I have the Disney cookbooks, I’ll check tonight for you.

I found this recipe… have not tried it… so I am not sure if it “really” is the same…

Recipes from Walt Disney World

thanks you!

My family likes the cornbread okay but we much preferred the little loaf of homemade white bread that they put on the table and cut yourself. We would eat about 4 loaves every time. We were kind of disappointed when they switched to the cornbread. I was hoping they’d bring the other bread back.

Have any of you cornbread lovers tried the Rosemary Cornbread with maple butter over at House of Blues? It’s outstanding!

I was surprised to see the cornbread but after one taste I was sold. We liked the bread with the sweet butter and ate a lot of it every time we went but I really liked the cornbread.

We ate at Boatwright’s one night last November and enjoyed the cornbread so much that we asked if we could get the recipe. Aparrently they get that question alot because our waitress returned with a printed version. The recipe calls for muffin tins, but at the restaurant it was in large squares. We make it in a large ceramic cassarole pan and it turns out great. The only difference is that it took about 8 minutes longer for the top to brown well. Just keep an eye on it and you should be fine.

Ingredients:
1 C. Cornmeal
2 C. All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1t Salt
1t Baking Powder
2 C. Canola Oil
7 Eggs
2 C. Milk
2 C. Frozen kernel corn

Method:

Combine all above ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and stir well, until smooth. Place batter into muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes

Yield:

25 Corn Bread Muffins

Thanks for sharing the recipe.