Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue

We saw this advertised in 1994 on our honeymoon there and after all these years…we have reservations to this.

Any advise on food, show, or seating? If it has been around this long it must be worth seeing.

The food is good and we enjoy the corny show. We like to sit close to the stage so we book early and in category 1, it’s not much more for the 3 of us and it puts us close to the stage.

I definitely agree on Cat. 1 seats.

Its a great show and it can even make grumpy teenage boys giggle!:laugh: The food is pretty good, the show is really funny, but the song will stick in your head for the rest of the night.:whistling
We have been twice and plan to go again this summer!

We had Cat. 3 seats in the balcony, directly in front of the stage. The lights girl was just in front of us but she didn’t affect the view at all because she was below the level of the table. Fantastic seats!!! The food was good and the show is fun. We would do it again!

We went to this prior to the category seating was implemented. We booked as early as possible and had front row seats. It was great!! It was really neat to be so close to the action, and our kids were pulled up on stage to play their washboards with the gang. If category 1 seating is up close, I would suggest doing that. It was great!!
PS-Really good food too!

I forgot to add…my boys really love the corn bread here. We got thirds!:blush::laugh:

The best part of the experience is the show! It REALLY is a great, happy, just plain old fun. The actors/actresses are REALLY invested in their roles and it shows. It’s amazing. The food for me is just ok but definately not bad. We were seated on the second tier and I honestly don’t think there looks like a bad seat in the house. The building is designed pretty well.

Great show for us! The food was good and the show was very entertaining. Expect food that is something like you would eat at a backyard bbq. Wait staff was very friendly and service was excellent. Be prepared because volunteers are asked to participate towards the end of the show. Here is a pix of our son who participated in the show.

We were just there on Friday night. My family wasn’t to excited when I said I reserved it but loved it after seeing the show. They are still talking about, saying it was the must fun eating we had while at disney. The food wasn’t bad, mashed potatoes and cornbread were very good.

I absolutely love this show, go to it everytime I go to the World. Will be there again on the 23rd of Oct. In balcony, which I prefer.

Funny that you said that, my boys felt the same way the first time I booked this. They were like, “Whatever Mom…if thats what you want.”:cool: ~ Now its like, “Hey Mom, can we go to HDD again, its a pretty cool show?”:goofybounce: …needless to say, we will be going for our 3rd time this summer!:laugh:

OMG, we love the cornbread. Best ever!

We LOVE HDDR . . . my girls want to go EVERY trip!! :laugh::laugh:

They LOVE the mash, cornbread and strawberry shortcake . . . me I like the never ending glass of sangria!! :blush: (draft beer too!) We’ve been twice, and the second time we had a really rowdy audience, and it made it even MORE fun!

You’ll :heart: it! Classic Disney! :happy:

Here are some of my pics:

WE HAD THE LAST TABLE ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK.
THE GLOW IS THE STAGE. WE COULD SEE NO PROBLEM.
FRIENDS OF OURS LIKE THE BALCONY TOO.

CAST MEMBERS INTERACT WITH THE AUDIENCE!

NAPKIN FUN!

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! YUMMY!

WASHBOARD FUN!

To my surprise, Hoop has turned out to be one of my favorite things at WDW; the whole family loves it as well. I thought it would be something we would do once and never again, but we’ll be going for the third time in 2009.

I can only agree on everything said above about the seating and the food… and the Sangria!

Bruce

It is definately worth it price.
Good food and good fun!

Have to add another great big HOOP-DE-DOO! We loved this show! The food is all-you-care-to-eat. You start with a large tossed salad, bread and honey butter. Next the main course of fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, and baked beans. For dessert, strawberry shortcake.

Beverage choices include Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Root Beer, Sprite, Orange, Pink Lemonade, Iced Tea, Apple Juice, Milk, Chocolate Milk, Hot Tea, Coffee, Draft Bud Light, Chardonnay, Rose, Sangria, and Merlot.

The entertainment is pure fun and wackiness. I think we had the same table as Mickeysgirls and we could see everything. You’re going to love it!

I recommend this to anyone who goes to Disney. Whether it’s a first time or hundredth time visit. IMHO, this is one of the best times in WDW. The closer you sit, the more you feel part of the show.

I think I will try to do this on the next trip down to WDW. Can this be used on the DDP?

Yes, but I believe it is two credits. :confused:

Yes, it is worth two credits. I agree with the person who said the closer the better!