Hoop dee doo

What is the best or adventureous way of getting from Pop Century to Ft.Wilderness to go to Hoop Dee Doo? No car rental…

We usually go to Magic kingdom and take the boat from there to FW. It’s a short walk from the dock the Hoop Dee Doo. Go early and walk around, FW can be fun.

I second Teachers lesson!:mickey: Why not make a trip of it. If you really want to travel around the world, take the bus to epcot, ride the monorail to TTC, Ride the monorail to MK, then take the boat… That ought to take about an hour and a half!! You could get off the boat at WL and walk, but that would just be crazy! :ohmy:

If you just want to get there: Bus to TTC and Bus to FW. Not as much fun, though. Have a blast

thanks beatman that one made me dizzy…It’s not for me, it’s for a family of four, two little girls, and I too thought the walk from WL would be fun then take the boat back to MK. Their first trip and I would like them to see as much as they could without overwellming them.

I agree. We usually just plan to go to HDDR on a night when we will be in MK anyway. Watching Wishes on the boat coming back to MK is quite the sight!

The boat from MK to FW IS the single best option. It’s even better than taking a bus to DTD and transferring to the FW bus or driving.
As others have said, the hall where they hold Hoop Dee Doo is near the dock so it’s a short walk.
Other transportation options will have you transferring to an internal loop bus once you arrive at FW’s main bus stop or parking lot because you simply aren’t allowed drive your car inside FW and the main bus stop is just off the main road while Hoop Dee Doo is located by the lake.

Thanks all…I have a plan…Bus to MK…Boat to FW…Eat ribs and drink Beer…Boat back and watch Wishes on the way…Take Bus to Pop…Whew!!! I am tired…

the first time we went we took a cab and then you have to take the bus to the hoop dee doo.

That really is the easiest way to get there for people who just want to get there.

Thanks for posting this thread. I had the same question but answered now.

We’ve never done this dinner, but every time I see a thread like this one, I feel like making a special trip just for HDD.

I am not familiar with the area behind WL – is there a path that you can take to FW?

yes there is a very nice path to walk or ride a bike. guessing about a mile long.

Yes, it’s about a mile. We have walked it and it is a lovely walk. It is very natural and you can see lots of little critters in there. They also take the trail rides on this trail.

I agree the bus to boat to FW is the best route and then you can you eat and eat and eat. Ribs= YUMMY!!

I wouldn’t walk it after dark though.
There are creatures in the woods and they’re not always friendly.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;967032]I wouldn’t walk it after dark though.
There are creatures in the woods and they’re not always friendly.[/QUOTE]

Doug. The sheriff told you to stay out of the woods, remember?

[QUOTE=MissDisney;966985]We’ve never done this dinner, but every time I see a thread like this one, I feel like making a special trip just for HDD.

I am not familiar with the area behind WL – is there a path that you can take to FW?[/QUOTE]

You should! You can take the boat right from MK and then it’s like a 2 minute walk. There is also a petting zoo where Cinderella’s horses are kept.

Everyone should experience this classic show at least once! :happy:

Is the boat launch inside MK, if I am not using a park pass the day of HDDR then in order to take the boat over would I have to use a park pass?

The dock and boats are in front of MK, you do not need to enter MK to get on the boat to FW. There are several docks in the MK area but they are clearly marked. If you are walking out of MK the Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge dock would be directly in front of you, very much in the center of the front area.

This was already answered, but I’m doing so again.
Disney doesn’t transport anyone directly into any park or out of any park in Orlando. Disney Transport will take you from a resort to the park entrance, or from park entrance to park entrance. The launches being talked about here would be considered “water buses” and are part of the normal transportation between the Bay Lake resorts and the Magic Kingdom.
The park entrance areas are all transportation hubs and for the most part, Disney Transport functions the same as airline “hub and spoke” routing, funneling rider from their origination point to a central location/destination.

Other than that overly technical explanation, it’s free so don’t worry.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;967032]I wouldn’t walk it after dark though.
There are creatures in the woods and they’re not always friendly.[/QUOTE]

Doug, c’mon – it’s Disney, for crying out loud! Aren’t those frolicking critters supposed to sprinkle flowers in our path while birds whistle a cheery tune, and then we all skip hand-in-paw back to the house for some cleaning, darning and a big group hug???