Hooray! Disney joins the 21st century

Free wireless internet is being made available at some resorts starting today.

Walt Disney World Resorts news - Free ‘in-room’ wireless internet starting at most Walt Disney World Resorts today

Its about time!!! I see its mostly/only DVC and delux but hey, thats a start!!

About time too! What will be even better is when it’s through every resort. In today’s world its a vital must have.

I wish that it was at all of the resorts. I do understand that it is reasonable for the deluxe resorts to have the web included. Lets face it when you are spending close to $400.00 for a room you should not have to pay more for the web.

slowly, but surely… it will come…

YAY!!!
FREE INTERNET FOR ME!!!

(sorry for screaming)

One of the most requested Walt Disney World Resort wishes is coming true from today. FREE Wireless “in-room” internet access will be available for the following resorts beginning today.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

I will say, it would be nice if the wired access was also free as wired is faster 99% of the time.
We shall see what is what in 6 days.

I notice this is exclusively the deluxe and DVC resorts with the exception of the sole mod, CSR, which is considered a business/convention hotel.

This should save me $50.:smile:

Note to Turnwrench: You don’t post much, but you’ve dropped two very interesting and welcome bombs in as many days.:wink:

Welcome to the 21st Century WDW!!!

Hooray!!!

OH YAY!! I have to log in at least 3 times while we are in WDW for my class and I was hating having to spend $10 a pop! I am so happy! Now, what to spend that $30 on instead…lol

Wait. If we’re in the 21st century, does that mean the reservations server will be handed over from the monkeys and 4th graders to actual IT people? Or is that too much to ask…I think it may be.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1093176]One of the most requested Walt Disney World Resort wishes is coming true from today. FREE Wireless “in-room” internet access will be available for the following resorts beginning today.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

I will say, it would be nice if the wired access was also free as wired is faster 99% of the time.
We shall see what is what in 6 days.

I notice this is exclusively the deluxe and DVC resorts with the exception of the sole mod, CSR, which is considered a business/convention hotel.

This should save me $50.:smile:

Note to Turnwrench: You don’t post much, but you’ve dropped two very interesting and welcome bombs in as many days.:wink:[/QUOTE]Yeah!! This is awesome.

Oh no Goofballorama.
Being the 21st Century, and it being Disney, expect to see more highly trained simian help in all CM positions as the Disney Eugenics Labs rolls out their latest generation of ApeAssist Customer Service Reps.

I am so happy, looks like as of right now we are going back to CSR instead of CB just for the internet. I hate paying for it.

The free internet is only a plus
The best reason for staying at CSR is all rooms have two queen beds or one king, while the other mods are still two double beds or they are a long way from completing a change to wider beds.
But a more comfortable bed and $50 saving for 5 days of internet?
SIGN ME UP!!

It’s about time. Now they need to offer it in every Resort

I am so glad about this. I have never brought a laptop before but now DS has a tablet so this is awesome news.