Hotel Lost and Found

Even perfect people leave important things behind sometime.
In October I left behind the wide angle lens for my camcorder. I didn’t notice it was missing until the night before Caveyfest when I was packing. I looked all over the house but didn’t see it. I wasn’t overly concerned, yet. There were only two places it would be if it wasn’t in the house. Magic Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge and the odds were it was left at Wilderness Lodge. No real worry for the moment because we’ll be checking in at WL in the afternoon and Disney’s lost and found holds items for several months at least.
So the morning after we arrived, I asked at the front desk if my lens was in lost and found. The CM told me that it would long ago have been sent to the main lost and found at the TTC. Still no real worry. I’ll be going past there a few times in the car, just have to remember to stop. But we didn’t stop until we were on our way home. And the CM there said that they’re the main lost and found for the parks only. The hotels are each responsible for their own lost and found. Well, I groused in general, but not at the CM because he was right, how could they possibly be the central lost and found for 20 hotels, DTD, and 6 parks? I needed to check there anyway because of the slight possibility I left the lens in my locker on 10/21. So, off we head for DTD for final shopping before the drive south.
Anyway, more looking at home. Still no lens. Today I got off my rump and called the WL’s lost and found. Guess what? My lens is there. The WL is being kind enough to mail it back to me and will arrive next week.
Sure it’s my fault I left it behind. It’s not my fault that the front desk CM I asked was either too lazy or not properly trained to look in lost and found.

Something just occurred to me. When central lost and found told me they didn’t do hotels, why didn’t I just turn around and go back to the WL right then? I don’t know. It never even dawned on me until this very minute. Why didn’t my wife suggest this either? Who knows. I guess our minds were on vacation.

In conclusion, the point of this thread is, each hotel does its own lost and found and if you think you’ve left something behind, you need to follow through directly with that hotel and not central lost and found and not some central switchboard.

PS: This should be the excuse I need to drive up tonight to watch Fantasy In The Sky from the Seven Seas Lagoon. I just don’t feel like spending $50 doing a 6 hour round trip for midnight fireworks and to recover my lens (which I should have gotten back 2 weeks ago and it wouldn’t have cost me or Disney a single penny.). Well I do, but I also know I’m going to be shot somewhere around 3 AM and I’ll still have 40 miles to go before I can stop.:closedeye

Very good excuse. I say go skeedaddle :biggrin:

I’m kind of tired now and it’s coming down to the 6 hour round trip.
It’s not comfortable trying to nap in the car. I’ve already tried that. Plus, DW doesn’t really feel like going.
It’s 5 now. I’m staying home this time.

For some reason we left an entire drawer full of clothes when we stayed at POP Century a few years ago. I think all together it was about three pairs of jeans, sweatshirts and a bunch of t-shirts. I don’t know HOW we missed it but we did and POP Lost and Found was nice enough to mail it back to us “on Mickey Mouse”. I have nothing but great things to say about WDW lost and found.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;917893]I’m kind of tired now and it’s coming down to the 6 hour round trip.
It’s not comfortable trying to nap in the car. I’ve already tried that. Plus, DW doesn’t really feel like going.
It’s 5 now. I’m staying home this time.[/QUOTE]

pfffff, I wish I had that problem.

I am so happy to hear that your lens was at the WL…thank you for posting the information about where to look should any of us leave something behind.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;917893]I’m kind of tired now and it’s coming down to the 6 hour round trip.
It’s 5 now. I’m staying home this time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info and if I ever leave something I will remember your TR and know where to start the looking.
I also wish I had your problem

I knew you were going to say the Wilderness Lodge.
It’s been a few years, but when we were there my DD lost something (a stuffed animal I think). I went to ask about Lost and found and was told Nope we don’t have it.
They didn’t even look and I knew it was in the WL.
I think you just get those that don’t really care and it’s too much trouble to go look.

I’m glad you found your lens!

So Sg, Long story short:

You will find your stuff where you lost it.

Good to know! Glad you found your lens! :happy:

Good story, glad you got your lens back. I must say Disney runs a pretty good lost and found. My wife lost her drivers license in Animal Kingdom and she was panicked about not having ID for the return flight home. I’ll be darn if it wasn’t in lost and found the next day.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;918109]So Sg, Long story short:

You will find your stuff where you lost it.[/QUOTE]

Technically, you’ll find whatever you lost in the last place you look.

The funny part is that I’ve lost stuff before and I’ve known it was gone for good. I never had that feeling with the lens. So much so, I didn’t race to replace it.
I’m angriest at the CM who couldn’t have been bothered when I was face to face and asking.
I am most grateful for the WL’s lost and found supervisor who assisted me yesterday while on the phone.

By the way, I once left my NY Mets hat on Rock n Roller Coaster and didn’t realize until the next day. Sure MGM didn’t have it at their lost and found 2 days later, but it sure was at main lost and found at the TTC.
It’s amazing how many coasters that hat has been left behind on all across America, and I still have it!

wow!!! Awesome! I’m glad you got your lens back! :happy:

I have lost 2 things at Disney so far - my digital camera, and a pair of flip flops. The camera I left on a counter at the Emporium at MK when I was paying, and didn’t realize it until I was on a bus to AK. I used AK’s guest services to call MK and see if it was found, but they said I’d have to come back and check. So we jumped right back on a bus and went to MK’s Lost & Found in City Hall. The CM we talked to found it in the back right away, and even took a picture of me - he called it the “yay you found your camera” shot! :laugh:

My flip flops I left beside a bed at CBR. I called them on the way home to see if they could send them home to me. I was told there were no flip flops left in my room. :huh: I KNOW they were left there, and I knew exactly where in the room I left them. But apparently, someone else got to them before they made their way to Lost & Found…?

But at least expensive things are easily retrieved!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;918141]

By the way, I once left my NY Mets hat on Rock n Roller Coaster and didn’t realize until the next day. Sure MGM didn’t have it at their lost and found 2 days later, but it sure was at main lost and found at the TTC.
It’s amazing how many coasters that hat has been left behind on all across America, and I still have it![/QUOTE]

Dude - no one wants a Mets hat.

That’s not true and you know it.:cool:

By the way, the lens arrived on my doorstep yesterday (Monday) via UPS.
Something kept telling me “don’t waste the money buying a new one yet, this one doesn’t feel like I’m never going to see it again”.

I had the worst luck! my g/f and I went to MGM studios the weekend before it became Hollywood Studios and we had taken pictures of everything the signs, the buildings, everything that said MGM on it was photographed and she lost her camera and we never found it. we went crazy looking for it and no CM had found it or seen it around so we came to the conclusion that either a guest took it or just something happened. but that made our trip horrible.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;919515]wow!!! Awesome! I’m glad you got your lens back! :happy:

I have lost 2 things at Disney so far - my digital camera, and a pair of flip flops. The camera I left on a counter at the Emporium at MK when I was paying, and didn’t realize it until I was on a bus to AK. I used AK’s guest services to call MK and see if it was found, but they said I’d have to come back and check. So we jumped right back on a bus and went to MK’s Lost & Found in City Hall. The CM we talked to found it in the back right away, and even took a picture of me - he called it the “yay you found your camera” shot! :laugh:

My flip flops I left beside a bed at CBR. I called them on the way home to see if they could send them home to me. I was told there were no flip flops left in my room. :huh: I KNOW they were left there, and I knew exactly where in the room I left them. But apparently, someone else got to them before they made their way to Lost & Found…?

But at least expensive things are easily retrieved!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Someone took your flops? That’s just gross…not saying you have gross feet, but taking someone else’s shoes is gross…hey at least you got the camera back right?:laugh:

(No need for me to quote the whole post)
Things like this really stink. There’s any number of things that could have become of the camera. Up to and including some rotten little rugrat finding the camera and just throwing it to the ground to watch it break, before mom or dad can possibly react in time.
It’s probably not even the cost of the camera, it’s the pictures that can’t be replaced.

Commenting on the flip flops, it is possible that the mousekeeper misjudged the value of the said footwear and simply tossed it.
For some reason, they seem to be quicker to retrieve the more valuable items and make sure they make it to lost and found. Not that this is such a bad thing either.

Nah, but a Phillies hat would do. :smile:

I agree, it is gross! And I do keep my feet clean! :laugh:
Grosser yet: someone stole my laundry out of the dryer my freshman year of college. Sheets and a t-shirt. :huh: SHEETS??? You want to sleep in some unknown college kid’s sheets?? When we need vaccines just to be allowed to share a dorm with each other??? shudder

oh yes, I am SO glad I got the camera! The flops were nothing special. Soundgod, when you put it that way I’m sure that’s what happened. They were just plain black Reefs… I just thought it was funny that the expensive thing is returned and the cheap thing disappears, when anywhere else it would probably be the other way around. :laugh: