Hotel Suggestions if Visiting Sea World

My husband and I are traveling down to Orlando in July 09. We can’t decide what to do. Been to disney several times, heading there again next year with kids. So, may do EPCOT, have to visit Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Restaurant, may do Universal or may do Sea World. Only one park.

So, ideas on hotels near Sea World? I have reservations at Marriott World Center, if we decide to do Universal I think we will do Royal Pacific. Thanks!

My sister swears by The Renaissance Orlando resort. It is right across the street from Sea World. She goes to Sea World every 3 months it seems. She raves about this resort. They walk to Sea World from the resort. She says the beds are soooo incredibly comfortable that they hate to get out of bed in the morning.

We have stayed at Royal Pacific before. Nice resort. Great pools. When we were there they had bike taxi’s to get to and from Universal (the area where Margaritaville is…forgot what they call it). That was fun. They also have a water taxi. DS also got to meet Curious George and another character near where the hotel restaurants were.

Either place…cant go wrong. Renaissance is probably less expensive than Royal Pacific.

Jen –

I have the perfect place for you to check out! It’s called Marriott Cypress Harbour, and it is affordable villas directly across the street from Sea World. The view outside our balcony was of a tall coaster – so exciting for the kids!

The resort also has an excellent pool area, beautiful landscaping, great parking, and lots of things to do for the kids. The rooms are magnificent and inexpensive. I would think you can walk easily to the main gate of Sea World because it is so close, and there is easy access to Highway 4, WDW, Margaritavilla, all the usual stuff…

I think they offer Sea World packages, WDW packages, etc. Here is the link: Orlando Florida hotel near Disney World - Hotel in Orlando by Sea World

thank you!

I was going to suggest Portofino Bay, but Royal Pacific is a good choice, too. If you plan on doing any Universal, definitely stay at Universal. The Express pass is amazing and worth staying on-site.

And I just had to say… I LOVE Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. It’s definitely the best fan/memorabilia restaurant. I collect tee-shirts from the different locations. Orlando’s and Myrtle Beach’s are my favorite. (But fun fact - the Margaritavilles in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Jamaica all have pools with slides.)

We stayed on Disney property all three times we went to Orlando. Sea World & Universal are so close that we didn’t bother switching hotels. This way we could mix up our park visits too.

[QUOTE=Jen in Maine;964197]My husband and I are traveling down to Orlando in July 09. We can’t decide what to do. Been to disney several times, heading there again next year with kids. So, may do EPCOT, have to visit Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Restaurant, may do Universal or may do Sea World. Only one park.

So, ideas on hotels near Sea World? I have reservations at Marriott World Center, if we decide to do Universal I think we will do Royal Pacific. Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you’re even considering a Universal hotel, then go for it. They offer a BIG perc which is front of the line for all attractions/rides in the parks, and their hotel pools, restaurants, food, entertainment and guest service are all top notch.

Seriously, Disney could learn a lot from Universal’s hotels.

We did Sea World and Aquatica in March, and stayed about a mile away. It was last minute trip for 6 days and I got my hotel thru hotwire. 4 star for $48 a night! I was a little nervous booking it, but I am glad I did. They send me notices all the time for rooms as low as $16 a nt. If you do Universal I would stay on site. We rode this unicorn roller coaster 6 times in a row, you should have seen the looks we got from the people in the regular line!

Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / Sea World Area is a San Diego hotel located in Hotel … Visit our San Diego Hotel’s accommodations section and check out our Deluxe … And don’t worry - if your plans change you can cancel both your room