Hotels in Orlando, not on disney property

any suggestions on good hotels outside of disney for a few days, reasonable rates, we usually stay on disney property, but think we would like to stay off property for a few days and do sea world and universal. Suggestions?

We loved the Fairfield Inn in the Marriott Village off of 535 (which is also right outside of Downtown Disney). They had reasonable rates and they were very clean and had a continental breakfast (which had so many choices) buffet every morning!

I’d highly recommend the Sheraton Vistana Villages. The hotel is excellent.

We have enjoyed:

Sheraton Vistana Resort
Marriott Royal Palm Villas
Marriott Cypress Harbour

*Cypress Harbour is directly across the street from Sea World!

My kids LOVED the Nick Hotel. It was a different spin to Disney and still a lot of fun. The room we were in were clean, large (there was 6 of us) and comfortable.

I will be staying at the Best Western Lakeside next week so I will let ya know how it is… We got a entertainment club rate of $37.00night pool side… The reg rate was $80.00

Many years ago we stayed at Grosvenor Resort and the Hilton opposite DTD, both were great at the time and we enjoyed our stays there, dont know what they are like now though.

Maybe try Priceline. We have had AMAZING luck with them. I also like to check betterbidding.com to see what kinds of deals people are getting before I start bidding.

entertainment club rate??? that sounds great.

Our plan is to stay outside of disney for 3 nights and then at disney for 5 nights. There are 7 of us total. Me, my dh and 3 kids, and then my cousin and her partner. We could rent a condo for 3 nights or get separate rooms.

If you go during May, many nights are priced at $88/night at Buena Vista Suites. Here is the link: Walt Disney World Resort Vacations - Dreams Unlimited Travel

We stayed in a suite at the Caribe Royal. We found a cheap rate through mousesavers.com. It had a nice room and does have different types of suites. You can probably get a 2 bedroom for the 7 of you.

I would strongly reccommend Polynesian Isles Resort, which is just behind the 535 walmart, if you know where that is. My family recently stayed there and had a great trip! It is a condo resort, but also offers single night stays.