House of Blues - restaurant

Need your help again!
Has anyone here eaten at the HOB restaurant on an evening - what is your opinion of it.
Also is it on the dinning plan or not this year because I read different things saying yes and no.:pirate:

I have eaten their twice. I have no idea about the dining plan, but you can buy a $50 certificate at Best Deals and Discounts on the Best Local Restaurants – Save Money on Food with Restaurant.com for like $4 at times!! You have to spend $100, but if you like to have some cocktails, maybe and app and a dessert- 2 could easily spend that. It really is a good deal. You end up paying $54 for $100 bill!

They also have some other popular locations in and around WDW.

One of our favorites and a must whenever we go to WDW. Not on the dining plan, but worth going anyway. Gumbo is excellent!

Dining plan no.
TIW and AP discount yes.

Food and service good.
Been there before, be there again. (Even if they don’t still have red beans and rice on the menu)

Oh, and I forgot… they have a really great happy hour with apps.

And they often (usually?) have a small band playing in the dining room at night. Not sure how many sets they play or how long or if they’re there for happy hour or what. But there is a stage and they do have a band at some point. So that’s free blues with your booze? (And ribs)

We were pondering the Sunday brunch this year. Anyone give that a try?

We are booking for 1900 Park Fare now but we’d gladly dump that for something cool and different. :pirate:

The gospel brunch at HoB?
I’ve given it more than a thought several times, but I’d rather see some characters and get to a park early, before humanity arrives late morning.
Literally, I’ve chose 1900 Parke Fare several times over the gospel brunch.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1086143]The gospel brunch at HoB?
I’ve given it more than a thought several times, but I’d rather see some characters and get to a park early, before humanity arrives late morning.
Literally, I’ve chose 1900 Parke Fare several times over the gospel brunch.[/QUOTE]

Sunday is “moving day” for us. We are doing 3 nights in a BCV studio and we move to the 1BR on Sunday for the remainder. So an early park day was out of the question. That’s what made it seem like an ideal day.

Elmo, whatever fits your plans better is the choice you go with.
But if you do go to the gospel brunch, just be ready for some serious deep south Bible thumping gospel music with your biscuits and gravy.

We love HOB and the staff is good too. We always save that for the DTD night. We’ll eat and shop. A good night for all!!!

HoB for dinner is also a good pairing with a performance of La Nouba.
(Though Fulton’s or Wolfgang Puck’s Upstairs might be better)

Thanks guys for all your help, I think you have sold it to me. now i just need to fit it in with our plans,:mickey:
The gospel brunch sounds good - we have a DJ over here that raves about it.

Jimbo, just keep in mind the flavor of gospel they’re serving, as it might not be to your liking or what you’re used to hearing regularly in the UK.

(Note: This is served in the main showroom, not the restaurant.)

‪Gospel Brunch at House of Blues in Orlando, Fl‬‏ - YouTube
‪House of Blues Orlando - Worship Medley‬‏ - YouTube
‪I Dont Know What You Come To Do‬‏ - YouTube

I’m not trying to scare you off and I’m not saying this isn’t worth the time and money.
Quite the opposite! You know I pull no punches where my thoughts on entertainment are concerned and so long as you enjoy this style of music/prayer and you want to be out of the parks at midday on a Sunday, this is highly recommended.

It had better be good, seeing as it carries the House of Blues banner and a bit of the memory of John Belushi.

I like the food; DW thought it was too spicey - and she ordered what was considered ‘bland’ (big sissie). The Brunch is … different, as Sg pointed out above.

I’ve always wanted to go to the Sunday Brunch, but no one will go with me.:crying:

The Mrs is ready to dump 1900 Park Fare now and go with the Sunday brunch. :ohmy:

The music, well… meh. That said, live music is always fun.

The food sounds great though. Never did any HoB meals, so we weren’t sure about the quality.

We don’t get too many Sunday stays, let alone days where we don’t have hard and fast plans in the park. I am thinking this is the HoB Sunday Brunch year.

[QUOTE=Elmo;1086128]We were pondering the Sunday brunch this year. Anyone give that a try?

We are booking for 1900 Park Fare now but we’d gladly dump that for something cool and different. :pirate:[/QUOTE]

I bought my parents the Sunday Brunch a few years ago and they had a good time and said the fun was good.