How about this tour?

Has anyone done this tour and if so, what is your impression-is it worth the time and money (how long does it take, how much does it cost)
thank you!

#8: Epcot Seas Aqua Tour/Dolphins in Depth - These two Epcot tours are sister tours. The Aqua Tour gives you a backstage look at the Living Seas pavilion, including time in the Living Seas aquarium. The Dolphins in Depth tour is similar, with a backstage look at the Living Seas pavilion, as well as hands on experience with the Dolphins.”

I want to do the dolphins tour SO BAD! I’m begging DH to do it with me since it is included in our plan on this next trip! I’m interested in hearing what others have to say.

I read the dolphin tour is approximately 3 hours. The Aqua tour is 2.5 hours (this is coming from the platinum plan brochure)

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;924162]I want to do the dolphins tour SO BAD! I’m begging DH to do it with me since it is included in our plan on this next trip! I’m interested in hearing what others have to say.

I read the dolphin tour is approximately 3 hours. The Aqua tour is 2.5 hours (this is coming from the platinum plan brochure)[/QUOTE]

Go and google it, there are a number of trip reports on the dis. I just now thought of doing that.
Oh what fun this looks to be. I am definitely looking into booking that!

I’m currently reading this detailed description of the dolphin tour:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=69

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;924177]I’m currently reading this detailed description of the dolphin tour:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=69[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ll go read.

Here’s what I’ve been reading: My Epcot Seas Aqua Tour Adventure 2/6/06 (PICTURES ADDED) - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

I did the Aqua tour. The one where you get to snorkel in the tank. The back stage tour and meeting the dolphins was cool. I did not get to interact with them - they were off limits. The time in the tank was way better than the time I was in the drunk tank.

Thank you very much for pointing out the different tank experiences. I will definitely avoid the drunk tank :closedeye

He can be so helpful.:closedeye

I have never been on either, so you must try both and let me know, in detail, how they were.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;924266]He can be so helpful.:closedeye

I have never been on either, so you must try both and let me know, in detail, how they were.[/QUOTE]

the fish tank and the drunk tank? :blink:

Hehe, I knew I should have been more clear.

NOT the drunk tank. Been there myself.:ph34r:

I want to go read the links, too, and find out more now. I would love to be with the dolphins.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;924275]Hehe, I knew I should have been more clear.

NOT the drunk tank. Been there myself.:ph34r:

I want to go read the links, too, and find out more now. I would love to be with the dolphins.[/QUOTE]
yes, I know about your drunk tank experience, that’s why I posted the :blink: you already know much more about that than I do.

Anyway, I am torn between the diving thing and the dolphin tour. I wish diving and dolphins would go together. From the reports it is very clear that they don’t want you anywhere near the dolphins while “diving”.
The swim tour costs $ 150.00 per person :ohmy: I have to count my change.

DH just gave the go ahead for the Dolphin tour. I told him I want to do it so bad that I would do it by myself if I had to (just touching an orca or dolphin has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl). But he said that I wouldn’t have to do it myself, and that he would like to go too. So, in May, we will be doing the Dolphin tour. Gotta make a ressie for it soon.

Oh good for you. :happy:

I am doing the aqua tour in Dec 09’ with my son. It has the most relaxed age restriction, allowing 8 & Up to go. I would love to do the Dolphin one but I think you have to be older and my son will just be 8. Reviews I have read on the Aqua Tour says you pass by the Dolphin Area and get to view them from that aspect, but no in water interaction with them. The Aqua Tour you are in the same tank as the rays and sharks, which seems a little scary, but I am sure they keep it incredibly safe. Probaly the only place I would dream of letting my child swim near a shark.

My thoughts exactly. They could not possibly put anyone in danger.
Since the swimming seems to be on the surface, they probably feed the sharks down below while people are in the water, sus keeping everyone save :laugh:

Wow I didn’t even know these tours existed! Have a great time KittieKChick - and let us know how it goes!

My mom and I did the Dolphins in Depth tour last August. It was about 3 hours, maybe 2.5 really. Of that time only 1/2 hour is with the dolphins. You get to pet them, do some hand signs that are used in training them, and you have your picture taken while holding one. You do not get to ride or swim with them. Other things you do: watch a film on marine mammal safety/law. Put together a dolphin puzzle, hear about what food they eat and how they’re trained. You do go on-stage and see some of the exhibits in the Living Seas with one of the instructors and get some interesting info at some of the tanks.

Alot of the experiences has to do with how many people are in the group (I think they take 8-10 people total…we had a full group), how crowded the Living Seas are, and how much the dolphins are interested in interacting. We went, apparently, when the dolphins were acting a little weird (according to their trainers, we all thought they seemed normal) and were apparently a little more…shall we say frisky than usual. So the trainers were extremely cautious about how the interaction was done.

It was a great experience that I really enjoyed doing.

Not sure how far back to go in this thread to see if it’s posted—but we did the “Behind the Seeds” tour at the Land in Epcot last week. I never noticed this tour before! It was great. With discount it was $12 each per adult. The tour was about 1 hour and took us behind the scenes in the Land Ride to see how things are actually grown, how they prevent desease, how they form the mickey shaped veggies etc. It was well worth the money I thought, but I am not sure that kids would enjoy it. Smallworld PS We also got to feed the alligators and the fish in those tanks you go by on the ride.