How are the crowds last two weeks of August

I am trying to convince my husband to take another Disney Trip this year at the end of August (keeping my fingers crossed for the free dining promo). We were there in late October and the crowds were unbelievably light! For those of you who have been during the last few weeks of August can you tell me about the crowds and weather?

We went last year from 8/18 to 8/23 and it was really busy. Im not sure if it normally is, but free dining was going on and they were really pushing it, so that could have been the cause. The year before we went the first week of September and the crowds were good, but had to pull my daughter out of school to do it. Won’t do that again. We are headed down 8/8 to 8/13 and are hoping the crowds are better this year.

As far as the weather, its hot. Some hit or miss rain, but mainly hot. We like it hot, but if you don’t be prepared. Luckly there is a lot of air conditioned placed to step into from time to time. Good Luck

Doesn’t seem too crowded to me at the end of August. The majority of the rides seem to be about 20 to 30 minute wait, which wasn’t that bad.

That’s our time of year and we always find it quite busy. Free dining has been one of the reasons, and of course school hols, as the UK kids dont go back until first week of September, and I believe there are still some US states still on holiday too, although I could be wrong.
The weather is hot, with usually a shower in the afternoon, and sometimes more than a shower, but we like this time of year, and shall be there again last week of Aug and into September this trip.

I am heading to the World the very last week of August and this will be my third time doing so. It’s hot, but the crowds are easily managed. It’s busier than the true value season, but if you use the morning EMHs, you will have no issues getting on everything with little or no waits. STAY AWAY from the evening EMHs…they are packed!

Hoping to take DDs Aug 22-25 for an end of summer blast. Free dining would be awesome!

We’ve gone twice in August and the crowds weren’t bad but it is HOT, HOT, HOT…Lots of waterpark/pool time needed.

I went the last week in August for three years in a row and found the crowds increased in size each year. Perhaps it was a result of more people taking advantage of free dining? The last time we went at that time was August 2008 and it was pretty busy and super hot. However, it was not the busiest I have ever seen. I think that sometimes the intense heat adds to the feeling of it being more crowded. LOL

the kids are still going at august you just have to go at the right times which seems before summer and winter

[QUOTE=dixie;1022760]That’s our time of year and we always find it quite busy. Free dining has been one of the reasons, and of course school hols, as the UK kids dont go back until first week of September, and I believe there are still some US states still on holiday too, although I could be wrong.
The weather is hot, with usually a shower in the afternoon, and sometimes more than a shower, but we like this time of year, and shall be there again last week of Aug and into September this trip.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. NJ and some areas PA don’t go back until the first Wendesday of September. There may be other states as well, but I am only sure about these two.

Average to low crowds- but HOT!
Nobody is kidding when they say that :slight_smile:
Our experience was HOT…torrential rain…HOT…torrential rain…HOTTER…torrential rain…LOL!

Couldn’t have put it better myself!! The crowds were managable but the heat was like an additional annoying guest following you around everywhere you went!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1023064]Average to low crowds- but HOT!
Nobody is kidding when they say that :slight_smile:
Our experience was HOT…torrential rain…HOT…torrential rain…HOTTER…torrential rain…LOL![/QUOTE]

there not crowed they are crowed some kids tend to skip the first 2 weeks of school