How Are the Crowds Right Now?

I was just thinking about how crowded it gets in the summer (we haven’t been in the summer in [I]years![/I]) and knowing that we are staying off property this time, I was hoping the odds of getting locked out are low.

And what happens if they close the park and you have a pre-paid ADR?

[QUOTE=ddoll;981380]
And what happens if they close the park and you have a pre-paid ADR?[/QUOTE]

I’m sure they have exceptions for stuff like that.
I’m not sure about the crowds but I hope you have fun!! I am so jealous!

When I went on Christmas eve I had a pre paid ARD at CRT and was told by the CM at the front gate that IF we left and came back and they were closed (which they did at 2 pm ) we wouldnt let us back in so we switched out ARD for breakfast.

Hey Debi!

We were at MK today and it wasn’t even close to busy enough to start closing the parking lot. I felt like we got a lot done before we left at 2 for a pool break. Buzz was a walk on at 10 am–not too bad. Peter Pan was 40 minutes at noon. Sure, it’s busy–it’s July but it’s not insane crowded. Nate got his hair cut about 1:30 and we were alone in the barber shop for half his hair cut.

About two weeks ago, there were intense lines for Soarin’, Toy Story, Rock N Roller Coaster – the rest of the rides were walk-on or just a short wait. Including Test Track, which we rode over and over and over.

I forgot to check Mission: Space.

Didn’t go to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom, but I heard from other guests that Expedition Everest had the big line at AK, and the rest was wide open as well.

Just came home on Monday and the crowds were OK…Long lines for the big attractions- 90min-120 min waits- but I wouldn’t say it was crazy busy enough to close the gates. Have fun and I hope you have some good ADR’s:)

[QUOTE=ddoll;981380]I was just thinking about how crowded it gets in the summer (we haven’t been in the summer in years!) and knowing that we are staying off property this time, I was hoping the odds of getting locked out are low.

And what happens if they close the park and you have a pre-paid ADR?[/QUOTE]

Crowd levels are never close to park capacity in the summer, or most of the rest of the year. The only times I’ve ever experienced park closings due to crowd levels have been Christmas week. There is after all a good reason why “peak” season rates are only charged during the last couple weeks of the year and at no other time. The only other times that crowds might, and that’s a very big might, be a problem are the days before Thanksgiving, Easter week, and maybe July 4th.

And if you do have a prepaid ADR and they won’t let you into the park, go directly to the outside park guest services window.

Love hearing the wait times aren’t too bad!!

This is all good news, thank you! :happy:

We just returned on Tues and it was crowded, but definately not up to capacity crowded. I think that only happens on the 4th of July. The downside is that Fast Passes were usually gone for Soarin, Test Track, Toy Story Mania & Splash by 11:30 am, so try to get to the parks early.

It’s been up and down this past week. One day it’s an easy day at MK, the next you can’t move at DHS it’s so packed.

Historically, I’ve seen August go up and down.
In fact I recall doing an evening EMH in MGM and having a 30 minute wait for Tower of Terror at midnight (and sweat pouring off me as well) and then the next night walking on to Splash Mountain at 12:30 AM during an MK EMH that ended at 2. (Or maybe it was a 1 AM close)