How do I rent Points?

We are going to WDW again in Jan of 2011 and then again in March of 2011. The Jan trip is a weekend trip with just the wife and I…and March there will 6 of us. Possibility of biting the bullet in Jan and becoming DVC, but if not - how do I rent points?

It’s really a simple process. You find a member who has extra points and that member books a room for you. How you pay can vary but it can be as simple as mailing a check to the DVC member. We rented points a couple of times before we joined DVC and had very good luck.

You can start a thread here requesting points and see where that leads. There are other boards like Mousebuzz that have a larger DVC membership where you can also look.

Good luck.

I have a funny feeling that by the end of the evening, you will have plenty of responses to this thread from members who enjoy renting out their points! Enjoy!

It is super easy!! I just rented points this sfternoon for the second time!!

I have thought about renting points, too, but I have always been a little worried of getting taken advantage of. I too would love to hear from people who have done it.

I had the same worries but I rented from someone who had been here for a long time so I felt comfortable with the whole thing. Being an active member of the site meant a lot to me. Maybe that’s crazy but it helped me.

I wouldn’t rent from someone who joined a site and their first post was an offer to rent points. I’m sure 99% of the time even that would be fine but I wouldn’t want to be the 1% that has bad luck.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1015078]I had the same worries but I rented from someone who had been here for a long time so I felt comfortable with the whole thing. Being an active member of the site meant a lot to me. Maybe that’s crazy but it helped me.

I wouldn’t rent from someone who joined a site and their first post was an offer to rent points. I’m sure 99% of the time even that would be fine but I wouldn’t want to be the 1% that has bad luck.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! Hang out here for a bit and poke around. You will start to see familiar names and you’ll know who’s been renting points for awhile.

Go to David’s DCV rental and it explains the process. Although I believe if you rent privately you can purchase for less.
David’s Disney Vacation Club Point Rentals

I want to rent for the Jan trip - Thursday Night and leaving Sunday. Just the wife and I for the WDW Marathon and getaway weekend for the wife and I.

Try Rlcarmichael, I think Richard has rented to several here at MB.

And I get a 30 % cut from all business I throw his way.:laugh::tongue:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1015164]Try Rlcarmichael, I think Richard has rented to several here at MB.

And I get a 30 % cut from all business I throw his way.:laugh::tongue:[/QUOTE]

How about a beer at Ragland Road? :laugh:

Gee thanks, you offer a beer to someone who doesn’t drink. Make it an ice cream sundae and you have a deal. :laugh:

Thanks for all the responses - i definitely have a lead on some things.

Also look at the ‘sticky’ in the DVC section on the forum section of the MB board. DVC Mike has a great note on renting points.

And the search begins.:laugh: