How Do You Cope?

I AM KNOWN AS THE OBCESSED LUNATIC B/C I LOVE DISNEY SO MUCH. I START MY COUNTDOWN AS SOON AS I KNOW I AM GOING BACK. I START BUYING FOR OUR TRIP THAT EARLY, AND SAVING THAT EARLY. AT WORK THEY ASK WHY? I DONT KNOW I JUST LOVE IT. IT PRETTY MUCH CONSUMES ME.I DEVELOPE PICTURES ( THATS MY JOB) i LOVE IT ESSPECIALLY WHEN SOME ONE HAS WENT ON A DISNEY TRIP.:laugh: SO HOW DO YOU COPE?

Daily doses of Mousebuzz (thank goodness for MB!!!)

That’s how I do it. We usually go just once a year so this place helps me get though a long countdown.

I embrace the mania. I watch all sorts of Disney movies and DVDs, I watch ride videos online, and I hit all sorts of Disney fan sites and boards, reading articles and trip reports to feed my obsession. Some people are huge sports fans, who dress up or paint their faces for games, and obsess over sports radio; some people obsess over celebrities and collect magazines featuring articles on their favorite stars; others are into collectibles(art, stamps, coins,etc.); others are news junkies,music fanatics, etc For me, Disney is my hobby, my interest, and I love it because WDW and the classic Disney films are centered around family and making dreams come true. What’s better than that?

Mousebuzz is a great source of comfort!! Our next trip will be in November with another friend and her daughter. We’ve instituted a monthly Disney Movie Night. We’ll take turns hosting with a favorite Disney movie on hand and theme park food (i.e., pizza, hotdogs, etc.) for dinner. Our daughters love it and it makes time go by a lot faster. I also make trips to my local Disney Store!!

I dont cope… The only thing I do to cope is to book more trips… Hey… I was the girl who packed up her new car put 2500 miles on it went to disney on a thursday night and was back home by sunday morn for breakfast with the family totally sick with streap throat and not to mention I took my pregnant friend who doesnt do Disney like I do… Now thats how I cope… Small crazy trips every so many months… I also call disney all the time for no reason… Go to the Disney store almost every saturday… check out MB… Look at ALL my pictures!!!

Right now I have been back for a week and I am NOT coping well at all. The PDD has hit me hard! I mostly do what others have said - visit MB and other websites, look at photos, watch the planning DVDs and try to start scheming for my next trip. The trip I just took was one I hadn’t really expected or planned on and was not even my idea so I am trying to tell myself that I should just be happy I was at WDW at all!

Of course, this time of year is always dicey for me as I have yet to find out a way to resist the power of free dining. I did it the first year they offered it with no intention of going the next year but ended up doing it again the next TWO years. It would be a shame to miss out this year, don’t you think?

Cope?? Surely you jest.
Mousebuzz and subsonicradio, my friends. Gotta stay connected to Disney somehow! :happy:

Yes, that would be a shame!

I think you should get on the phone right now and book FD for this fall.

Go on!

You know you want to!

Are you on the phone yet?

:phone: :phone: :phone: :phone:

Just immerse yourself in more Disney magic. It’s everywhere.

I plan trips… most are just for fun… trips I’ll never take, but it’s fun.

Reading others trip reports.

That’s what my oldest DD and I do. We are always planning a trip!

I read trip reports on MB and look at my own Disney vacation pics over and over and over!!

I’m usually planning some sort of trip, too…even if most of them never happen! :laugh: It helps take the edge off.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So funny, ALL of the above answers are pretty much what I do. Cope isn’t any where near what I do. But knowing you all are right there with me, makes me feel better as ALL my in laws make me feel as though I am some sort of FREAK:blink: ! I can’t wait to see how it goes when I ask if we can do Thanksgiving the week before so we can leave on that day to drive to WDW. I’ll get it then!:nuke:

Mousebuzz is a wonderful remedy for PDD. Trip Reports are just awesome.
I am waiting to get a job for the next school year so I can start planning a trip. I just love the escape of Disney.

I think it’s going to be harder for me to “cope” now that I took DH and he is hooked too. I was doing fine, and then the other day DH mentioned that he “missed Disney World” and suddenly I was a wreck! :crying: I need to go back!!! :laugh:

I have ringtones that are the WDW ride soundtracks on my phone:phone: . I assign them to people that call often.

We like to book the next trip before we leave the resort so, I buy the new PassPorter as soon as it comes out and start filling it in with pencil. As soon as a plan become final I write over it in ink.

I keep running countdowns of the day we can make ADRs, the day our final payment is due, the day I need to mail out our room supplies box, and the day we leave.

I also have a “Disney Box” in my bedroom that I use to store…pack:blush: …items for the next trip. I know it seems nuts, but having that little box “packed” with sunscreen, ponchos and our pins in it makes me so happy! Who cares if it sits in the corner of my room all year?! DH :wub: is as big as a Disney nut as I am.

LOL! I have done this too! I love the hold music and the announcer. I’ve had times where I was missing Disney so much that I have called and hung up several times just to listen again.:blush:

i loved this one… i work witha women who fantizises about A-Rod some basball player… has picture of him and president bush all over her cubical she thinks im nuts becasue i have disney in my cubical… luckily my DH is as nuts as i am aobut disney and now my DD is planning on applying to work there after the college program finishes so i have an excuse to go often :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i watch the planning videos often watch everything i can find on TV… Im on here every day even if it is jsut to read…:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Agreed… it helps me.