How do you deal with those last few weeks?

So we leave in 3 weeks…:goofybounce::goofybounce::goofybounce:

This weekend it’s DS 17th B-Day party , Next weekend DW and I are running a 1/2 marathon, then the last weekend before we leave is the 4th of July weekend…so no problems getting through the weekends as there is plenty to do.

BUT…and not that work isn’t busy…HOW do you get through the workdays when ALL you are thinking about is DISNEY:confused:

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! :wacko:

I spend all day on the message boards looking at Disney things… :laugh:

I also have several craft projects planned out for our trip! :happy:

Boy do I know the feeling you are talking about… and I am in the same boat as you. We will be there the same time as you!

Last night I spent about two hours on you tube looking at different videos of WDW, from old commercials in the 70’s when I was a kid, to recent home made videos of families vacations. There is also an interactive video that is lots of fun, I will try and find it for you, if I do I will post it.

YouTube - ‪A Day at Disney World- (INTERACTIVE VIDEO)‬‏

if you have not seen this already.

This should take you to the interactive video where you can ride rides, etc… wait about 2 minutes into the video

Same boat as both of you. We arrive on 7/14 and I am sitting here staring at my spreadsheet wondering if I should change this or that. It is driving me nuts. I even added a breakfast, which we will pay out of pocket, all because I keep staring at darn thing. I think I have tweeked it enough. I e-mailed the 50th revision home in the hopes that this is it!

To keep ourselves busy, baseball, baseball, baseball. The younger DS is in travel ball, which ends the week before we leave. And, we have been buying the necessities each week adding to the pile in my bedroom (toiletries, some new vaca clothes, food for the drive and for the resort). I have been updating my “To Do List” along with the “Packing List”. Also, hanging out here with all of you:)

[QUOTE=hiner;1080218]Same boat as both of you. We arrive on 7/14 and I am sitting here staring at my spreadsheet wondering if I should change this or that. It is driving me nuts. I even added a breakfast, which we will pay out of pocket, all because I keep staring at darn thing. I think I have tweeked it enough. I e-mailed the 50th revision home in the hopes that this is it!

I do the same thing. I keep looking at the reservation wondering if I should change something, add something, etc… it drives me crazy!
Do you drive, I see your from PA, like us.

[/QUOTE]I do the same thing. I keep looking at the reservation wondering if I should change something, add something, etc… it drives me crazy!
Do you drive, I see your from PA, like us.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we are driving for the second time. We live near King of Prussia. We had a great drive two years ago and it saved us so much money. Plus we had our vehicle to drive to the parks and stores, if needed.

Do you drive or fly??

[QUOTE=hiner;1080262][/QUOTE]I do the same thing. I keep looking at the reservation wondering if I should change something, add something, etc… it drives me crazy!
Do you drive, I see your from PA, like us.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we are driving for the second time. We live near King of Prussia. We had a great drive two years ago and it saved us so much money. Plus we had our vehicle to drive to the parks and stores, if needed.

Do you drive or fly??[/QUO… we have 83 days to go and I am also doing the tweaking thing. I added bomas for bf the day we leave… . I cant wait even though it means the end of summer. we live in pa also and drive…

Oh but thats half the fun of the trip the countdown! I spend alot of time making lists of lists! checking and re-checking-but that’s half the fun for us, and boy does that last week drag!

I am too a “List Person”. I write list after list and a list for the list. I think I have list OCD:ohmy:

We drive every year, its just so much easier. Like you said, we have our car for the stores, parks, etc… and I enjoy driving, our vacation officially begins when we pull out of the driveway. There is a great book I picked up a few years ago, Drive I-95, it gives every restaurant, store, gas station at every exit on 95. Its so helpful if you do not already own it. We always drove on a Sunday leaving Scranton around 5:00a.m. but this year we are leaving on a Friday, stopping in Hilton Head for two days, then headed to Universal for three days (boys are BIG Harry Potter fans) then finally WDW. I hope we are not making a mistake driving on a Friday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed on traffic.

Did you get BCV? I am hoping a night opens at BC for a day early check-in but so far its a no go. Looks like we will be staying at BW for a night, before checking into BC.

Well I find it easier to think about the trip to make it thru my work day. But than again I usually work as much ot as I can the couple of weeks prior to the trip to have more cash on hand for it.

[QUOTE=Remy;1080178]YouTube - ‪A Day at Disney World- (INTERACTIVE VIDEO)‬‏

if you have not seen this already.

This should take you to the interactive video where you can ride rides, etc… wait about 2 minutes into the video[/QUOTE]

Had a busy weekend…so this is the first I’ve got to check the updates to the thread…Thnak You!!! I’ll be checking this out tonight when I get home :smile:

[QUOTE=hiner;1080218]Same boat as both of you. We arrive on 7/14 and I am sitting here staring at my spreadsheet wondering if I should change this or that. It is driving me nuts. I even added a breakfast, which we will pay out of pocket, all because I keep staring at darn thing. I think I have tweeked it enough. I e-mailed the 50th revision home in the hopes that this is it!

To keep ourselves busy, baseball, baseball, baseball. The younger DS is in travel ball, which ends the week before we leave. And, we have been buying the necessities each week adding to the pile in my bedroom (toiletries, some new vaca clothes, food for the drive and for the resort). I have been updating my “To Do List” along with the “Packing List”. Also, hanging out here with all of you:)[/QUOTE]

I think I mentioned before somewhere on here that I was from PA also…like you and Remy…I grew up in New Cumberland (just outside Harrisburg)…of course after joining the military I went here, there and everywhere before finally settling down in WA.

I am trying hard not to keep looking at the spreadsheets…can you believe I am STILL doubting myself as to whether or not the DDP is the right choice :wacko: but I am sticking with it and we’ll see!!! I did change one of our non-disney days about a week ago…decided the day after we get there to do Seaworld as opposed to US…only because that day I pick up the rental car and park tickets at SoG prior to us leaving…so I figured since we have already been to Seaworld in the past, I’d rather give up some time at that park rather than US or IoA…which we haven’t been to!!!

OMG…18 days, 11 work-days (only 8 physical drives left), 2 weekends (both 3 days woo hoo…since off this Friday & the 4th)…so moving right along…hey isn’t that a song in the Muppet Movie…Moving Right Along…come on SING with me :laugh:

[QUOTE=SplashMtnMan;1080442]

OMG…18 days, 11 work-days (only 8 physical drives left), 2 weekends (both 3 days woo hoo…since off this Friday & the 4th)…so moving right along…hey isn’t that a song in the Muppet Movie…Moving Right Along…come on SING with me :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I’m singing with ya! :laugh:

[QUOTE=SplashMtnMan;1080442]I think I mentioned before somewhere on here that I was from PA also…like you and Remy…I grew up in New Cumberland (just outside Harrisburg)…of course after joining the military I went here, there and everywhere before finally settling down in WA.

I am trying hard not to keep looking at the spreadsheets…can you believe I am STILL doubting myself as to whether or not the DDP is the right choice :wacko: but I am sticking with it and we’ll see!!! I did change one of our non-disney days about a week ago…decided the day after we get there to do Seaworld as opposed to US…only because that day I pick up the rental car and park tickets at SoG prior to us leaving…so I figured since we have already been to Seaworld in the past, I’d rather give up some time at that park rather than US or IoA…which we haven’t been to!!!

OMG…18 days, 11 work-days (only 8 physical drives left), 2 weekends (both 3 days woo hoo…since off this Friday & the 4th)…so moving right along…hey isn’t that a song in the Muppet Movie…Moving Right Along…come on SING with me :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I grew up in North Jersey, moved to PA in 88 and have been here ever since. Miss home but we made a life here, although I would rather move to the mountains away from Philadelelphia:eek:

I too have been second guessing all the plans but have decided to let it be and go with it. I am sure no matter what, everything will go perfect:pinch:

You will enjoy Seaworld, especially if you have kids. It was nice and doable in a day.

We are at 23 days now. The days are starting to drag. The last day of work is going to take forever and I’ll get slammed, of course, in the afternoon and then I’ll have to rush to get it all done!

I pack…and unpack…and pack…and unpack…and redo the process until it’s time to go.:laugh:

I savour them; and enjoy the anticipation, because all too quickly the trip will be over and you’ll be back home saying - “how did that happen so fast?”.:huh:

Agreed. We watch a bunch of Disney movies and talk about old memories from our past trips the weeks leading up. But I don’t have weeks…I have 3 months! :eek: