How do you do your Grocery shopping?

Hi everyone,

We are going down for a couple of weeks and are staying at BCV and WLV. When we travel we usually stay offsite for the first week and move to Disney for the last week. When we are off-site we have a car, so we can do our shopping including groceries. This trip we are going straight to BCV using the Magic Express, so we don’t have the opportunity to do our grocery shopping prior to geting at Disney. Our family is a party of 5, so shopping for grocery helps to keep the food cost down.

What is the most economical way of doing our grocery shopping off-site. I know that I can place a request for grocery to be delivered to our Villa, the selection is limited and prices are high.

How do you folks manage this problem? Do you rent a car, if so where do you rent it from? Do you get a cab, or are there buses that take you to Crossroads or other outlets that have a grocery store.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

TK.

We were going to get them delivered then we decided to take a cab, but at the last minute someone decided to drive instead of fly and we used their car.

We used to stop at Goodings (we almost always get a car) - but then we realized how great it is to download the DVC shopping list and let them do all the work for $5 service fee.

It’s extremely convenient, and no need to leave the parks. The groceries are delivered and arrranged artistically on the counter and in the fridge/freezer. Always fresh fruit and they carry everything we like to have on hand,

we use gardengrocer.com

I used gardengrocer.com when staying at a two bedroom at OKW. They were awesome. Many people on here have used them and I am yet to see a single complaint.

Hi Dana, I can count on you for suggestions.

Karliebug also suggested gardengrocer.com, I went on their site and they do have a good selection. I spoke with the customer service rep, it seems easy, and convenient.

The lady said that I don’t need to be there, the groceries will be delivered to Bell Service, and they will deliver the groceries to our room. This is great, because we are going to arrive around 9 p.m. at the resort.

Thak you everybody for your input.

TK

I’ll add my two cents for gardengrocer.com. I used them twice this past year and I was extremely happy with their service. My frozen foods (ice cream…) were kept frozen by bell services so you don’t have to worry about perishables.

We always rent a car at the airport for the week, wouldn’t do it any other way.

We used gardengrocer and had a late arrival (10:00 p.m.) last trip and it was no problem. The food was waiting in bell services, and when they took us to our room on the oversized golf cart they just threw it on with the luggage.

The only thing I am going to do different next time is get MORE!!! We ran out of basic stuff the day before we left and had to go back to paying 3 bucks for a water bottle.

[QUOTE=wdw&tk;1020488]Hi Dana, I can count on you for suggestions.

Karliebug also suggested gardengrocer.com, I went on their site and they do have a good selection. I spoke with the customer service rep, it seems easy, and convenient.

The lady said that I don’t need to be there, the groceries will be delivered to Bell Service, and they will deliver the groceries to our room. This is great, because we are going to arrive around 9 p.m. at the resort.

Thak you everybody for your input.

TK[/QUOTE]
Be sure to add your tip for the driver to your bill when you are paying. that way they are taking care of even if you are not there. WDW, regardless of what resort, will put perishables in a refridgerated (sp?) area for you so don’t be afraid to order milk and what not.

Thanks again to everyone for their input, I have setup out account with gardengrocer. Looking forward to the stay, we love both resorts.

Best regards,

TK

Adding my thumbs up for the gardengrocer.com They were great and we will use them again on our next trip.

Tell them I sent you.