How does October sound?

This morning we were disscussing dates and months which sound good, a few which came to mind were -

October, Early or Late June, End of August and finnaly March.

We were just interested in - Crowds, Weather and any other info you wonderful buzzers could chip in :heart:

Thank You!!

:happy:

Edit This would be for 2009, and also, this was my 200th post! :wub:

My vote would be early October so you can go to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or the end of August (like around Labor Day) because the crowds are usually on the lower side.

October is my new favorite time of year to go to WDW. I am crazy about the MNSSHP. Weather is perfect, crowds are manageable, decorations are cute, etc

We love going to Disney in October and November. We are usually there in November but this year we went for Halloween. We did the MNSSHP on the 30th. The weather was great. Day time temps were in the upper 60’s, low 70’s and night time temps were comfortable with a light jacket. A couple of nights were chilly but not terribly cold. The MNSSHP was a lot of fun and people of all ages were trick or treating.:laugh:

I’ve heard nothing but great things about October, so I think that would be the perfect choice! :happy: The closest I’ve been in late September, and it was absolutely wonderful - my favorite time to go!

Oh Disney in October is a Tradition in my family now. Kinda weird huh? Well my family is made up of Disney Smarties including me. We always stay at fort wilderness which is my favorite Disney hotel (well not really a hotel but you know what i mean) in all of Disney Property. Not only is it Halloween its Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!! Get tickets because whenever there is a candy stop my dad yells: CANDY STOP!! And we all run to follow him and get some candy. So yes it is in fact a great time of year to set foot on top of Disney Grounds.

October is the perfect time to go… The past 2 years we have gone in OCT and the weather was great, not that crowded, and its neat at Halloween time.

October is a great time to go. The weather is perfect, the crowds are manageable, and you have events such as MNSSHP at MK, and you have the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT. Just fantastic.

I am going to agree with everyone here. October is a great time to go. The weather is great, the crowds are very manageable, and all the Halloween decorations are up. Plus if you wish you can do MNSSHP.

Fall in WDW is a good time.

I think that the best time out of all of those is october. My b-day is in August and I have gone during that time it is packed and VERY HOT!!! and I live in Miami. I think that Oct is the best time.

We used to go October SM when DH was small and it a very nice time to go. It’s not so hot and of course the Halloween celebrations are excellent.
We like late August as alot of the British are returning ready for back to school so it seems a wee bit quieter than July or early August.
But SM truthfully you already know that ANYTIME’S a good time for you to go to Disney world!!

We are planning for October, too. The Wine and Food gig looks like fun.

If October was the chosen month, we would end up being split. Half way through October we have a mid-term break for a week. So we would be visiting either the week before and the mid-term break or the mid-term break and the week after.

I’m pretty sure mid-term starts on the 13th of October :happy:

Any time is a good time.

You said it boss

[QUOTE=Scottish.Mickey;930757]If October was the chosen month, we would end up being split. Half way through October we have a mid-term break for a week. So we would be visiting either the week before and the mid-term break or the mid-term break and the week after.

I’m pretty sure mid-term starts on the 13th of October :happy:[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right- how are your school for taking unauthorised absences??
My DD was in primary school when we took her in October and it wasn’t too bad in those days but I think they have clamped down a bit on taking kids out of school for holdiays- I mean you’d only actually miss 5 school days wouldn’t you?

My school’s not too bad, like I told you a while back - in panto season I tend to get around 2 days off school a week. The school always tells me it’s completely up to me and that I have decided to do the performance and stay commited. I make sure I never fall behind and normaly the week before/after a holiday doesn’t contain anything urgent. :blink:

:heart:

[QUOTE=Scottish.Mickey;930802]My school’s not too bad, like I told you a while back - in panto season I tend to get around 2 days off school a week. The school always tells me it’s completely up to me and that I have decided to do the performance and stay commited. I make sure I never fall behind and normaly the week before/after a holiday doesn’t contain anything urgent. :blink:

:heart:[/QUOTE]

Oh well done- I think if the school can see that you are willing to get on top of all the work then there isnt really a problem- that was the same for my DD Chelsey, I always found out what needed to be caught up on before we left so she never fell behind- so excited for you SM- keep us posted with any new developments wont you:heart:

Of coarse! :eek:
:blush:I’m getting all excited myself, looking at places to eat and shop - this will be my first ‘Disney’ vacation :crying:

:happy: