How far in advance do you start packing?

Title says it all. How long before your trip, do you start packing for Disney?

I have 62 days before I go, and I [B]want[/B] to pack now. Haha, I’m such a dork. I guess I think the quicker I pack, the quicker it will get here.

Our trip is in three weeks and I’m already half-packed! DH thinks I’m crazy, but organizing clothes etc for three kids for two weeks away is quite time consuming!
I start making lists about 6 weeks prior and have the kids start trying on clothes so that I know what they need and what still fits. I’m a big list person. This also gives me plenty of time to go out and find what we need!

The week-end before we leave I will wash all DH and my clothes and pack them last. Then we’re ready to go! Hopefully we didn’t forget anything!

I do the same thing every single time…I pull out the suitcases and make my packing lists WEEKS before we’re supposed to leave.

And then nothing gets done and I end up packing it all the night before!! :laugh:

(At least I’m consistent, right? :laugh:)

I made my lists like a month ago. DH thought I was off my rocker. But, I’m a forgetful person by nature! So, if I make lists and add things to those lists as they pop in my head, by the time I am ready to pack, I will have EVERYTHING covered!

Same here! I have to start my lists as early as possible, because I will be adding stuff up until the very last minute!

(I can’t add something to the suitcase without “checking it off” on the list either…so if I add something that’s not on the list, I have to write it in and check it off! :laugh: Weird quirk, I guess.)

[QUOTE=dznygrl;939819]Same here! I have to start my lists as early as possible, because I will be adding stuff up until the very last minute!

(I can’t add something to the suitcase without “checking it off” on the list either…so if I add something that’s not on the list, I have to write it in and check it off! :laugh: Weird quirk, I guess.)[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, if you have kids to pack for too (especially toddlers and infants) you have SO MUCH STUFF to pack. So, I gotta make sure I have everything on the list.

Oh gosh yes. I can’t even imagine packing for a vacation with my girls. It takes so much dang stuff just to get out the door to the grocery store!! :pinch:

I wait until just before we leave to pack and then just toss everything in a suitcase

I’m a last minute packer. I’m one of those people who cannot stand extra clutter, so the luggage does not come out until the night before the trip. Unfortunately I also tend to over pack, so its killing me now that the airlines have instituted the extra bag fee.

we go in 17 days and i have stuff together in our ‘disney’ bag in the closet…it is good because we are going in different ‘clothing seasons’ (cold here - warm there) so we are able to pack sooner this time than i did lats time. plus DH was just on a buisness trip 1 week ago so the suitcases are already out!!

Haha. I know what you mean!

I wanted to start packing 2 months out but DW wouldn’t let me until we hit 25 :ohmy:

I’m a procrastinator… usually the night before we leave I stay up all night trying to pack. Not completely my fault, though… waiting on Mumsy to do laundry/iron (she’s a freak… all shorts must be ironed). :laugh:

Maybe 2-3 days out I’ll get the luggage out and start packing. I hate the mess packing makes so I put it off as long as possible.

so even though i have stuff together i was now thinking when i need to be finished packing…this time we leave on a wednesday early am so will stay at moms the night before so that is tuesday…monday DD has dance class & has to go with upcoming recital…sunday i will be packing because saturday i have somewhere else to go…so i will probably try to be packed by friday before we leave :blink:. with exception of the carry on and the bathroom things

[QUOTE=dznygrl;939811]I
And then nothing gets done and I end up packing it all the night before!! :laugh:

(At least I’m consistent, right? :laugh:)[/QUOTE]

My DW waits till the last possible minute and then stays up all night packing. We usually end up arguing a bit because its hard for me to convince her that the plane wont wait for us…lol…we’ve never missed a flight and never forgot anything so she gets the job done!

I am leaving for Disney NEXT MONDAY and I haven’t even thought about what I am bringing yet lol I am just so excited that I am going!!! I will probably make my list in a little while and start packing tomorrow so I know if I need to go out and buy anything before we go!

Now that we have an Owner’s Locker, all we do is pack carry-on bags the night before we leave. It has made our trips to WDW so much easier. (No, I don’t work for them :mickey:)

Owner’s Locker - The Purple Place for Storing Your Vacation Stuff.?

Packing, ha I dont pack. My wife packs for me. I would pack the wrong stuff LOL and she tells me that. I usually begin setting stuff aside for packing a couple weeks prior to leaving.

I keep one suitcase packed with stuff we only use at disney. When we get home from a trip I refill whatever stuff we used up. Sort of an owner’s locker but at home. But as far as clothes, I guess 2 days ahead, but it’s just my DH and I. When the kids were little, I’m sure I packed early than that.