How impossible is it to get a OKW grand villa?

Just looking at point charts, I noticed a grand villa at OKW is way cheaper than the other resorts. If I wanted to be nice and have a big family thing, that sounds super, but I’m guessing only OKW owners ever have a shot at them, true?

Like everything at WDW - it’s really hard to say…why don’t you give DVC a call and see if you can find anything out about how easy it is to rent one - they are HUGE! We took a tour years ago - really - it’s a house you could live in forever!

It’s not hard at all. It’s fairly easy at Saratoga too.

I thought because of the point difference it would be so much harder to get one at OKW.
For a week in Oct…

OKW…358
SSR…517
AKV…529 (s) 573 (savanna)
BWV…587
BLT (lake view)…648
( park view)…780

Our next family trip in May 2014, I want to stay at AKV (not grand villa) but perhaps down the road, OKW looks like a great choice.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1132292]I thought because of the point difference it would be so much harder to get one at OKW.
For a week in Oct…

OKW…358
SSR…517
AKV…529 (s) 573 (savanna)
BWV…587
BLT (lake view)…648
( park view)…780

Our next family trip in May 2014, I want to stay at AKV (not grand villa) but perhaps down the road, OKW looks like a great choice.[/QUOTE]

The point different is amazing to me. The grands at OKW are the largest too aren’t they? Maybe they have more than the rest and a harder time renting them out? Not sure, but I would grab that up in a second.

I was amazed at the difference too. And that’s why I thought they would be hard to get at the 7 month window. I’ve never seen any of the villa at OKW but yes,I have heard they are the biggest rooms.