How is Citricos?

I see it when I go through the GF. Looks great, but haven’t eaten there since it was Flagler’s… which is a LONG time ago.
Can I get some opinions??
Two adults, No children dining.
Thanks.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1080920]I see it when I go through the GF. Looks great, but haven’t eaten there since it was Flagler’s… which is a LONG time ago.
Can I get some opinions??
Two adults, No children dining.
Thanks.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Great menu, nice wine pairings available for each dish, I would go if you have never been.

We went there a while back (I think 2001 or 2003) and it was wonderful. We had just eaten a few weeks before at a 5 star restaurant and I thought Citricos was as good if not better (well the service was a tad behind the 5 star)…and the price was much much lower (luckily the 5 star was a client dinner and we didn’t have to pick up the tab - 4 people just under $800 without the alcohol).

So IMO you can get a 5 star meal and 5 star service at a very reasonable price at Citricos. Great place at WDW to get away and be grown up.

We had dinner there this past January. It was very good. But with the Deluxe Plan, we were getting bored because every signature restaurant basically has the same menu with minor variations on the same ingredients.
The server was aloof more than friendly. Nice place to sit and enjoy. I love that they were serving decent coffee to finish the meal.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1081036]We had dinner there this past January. It was very good. But with the Deluxe Plan, we were getting bored because every signature restaurant basically has the same menu with minor variations on the same ingredients.
The server was aloof more than friendly. Nice place to sit and enjoy. I love that they were serving decent coffee to finish the meal.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is disappointing to hear. Was the menu different if you weren’t on the a meal plan?

we are big fans ,we go to citricos every trip,foods great service is usually top notch and the cookie cutter menu is not as prevelant…

We were there a year back for an aniversary dinner. Knowing this, We had a table where the chef came to us all through the meal. It was awesome.

I often wonder what servers hope to accomplish by being aloof, snobby or condescending. How does that sort of behaviour benefit them at all? You’d think in such a “tip-dependant” occupation, they’d take that into consideration.

To be honest, I’ve found very few server CM’s to be rude , etc.
Even when they know we have a TIW card, they are still very nice.
Frank