How is 'Ohana's food

Had sushi and wings at the Kona Cafe Sushi bar last week. The line to get into 'Ohana’s was immense. Is the food that good??

Makes me think about going.
Tried to get into Cape May at the last minute but couldn’t. It too was packed.

What really surprised me was that the old Yacht Club Galley, now Captain’s Grille at the Yachtsman was PACKED each nite we were there. I think they closed it down at one time it was so empty. What’s happened?? Prices/economy??? I do know that Blue Zoo at the Dolphin appeared to be pretty quiet.

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;973635]Had sushi and wings at the Kona Cafe Sushi bar last week. The line to get into 'Ohana’s was immense. Is the food that good??

Makes me think about going.
Tried to get into Cape May at the last minute but couldn’t. It too was packed.

What really surprised me was that the old Yacht Club Galley, now Captain’s Grille at the Yachtsman was PACKED each nite we were there. I think they closed it down at one time it was so empty. What’s happened?? Prices/economy??? I do know that Blue Zoo at the Dolphin appeared to be pretty quiet.

Frank[/QUOTE]

We enjoy the food at 'Ohana, it’s something we do every trip. We’ve only had dinner at Cape May once and t was ok, nothing great. We had dinner at Captain’s Grille last summer and we were one of maybe 10 tables, the rest were empty. I hope it’s not a hot spot now, it was nice to have a sit down restaurant we didn’t have to plan ahead with an ADR.

I was thinking about Captain’s Grille as a staple for this trip, too. I am sure I have posted a zillion times before that we hate to spend too much time in restaurants and hate to be slaves to ADRs. I had thought that popping in for a quick sandwich would be the perfect compromise. Seems like everyone shares my brilliant top-secret plan!

Ohanas is a must do for us every trip. The food is great and the atmosphere is really fun. Right now DD is on a trip with her best friend and her family. DD tried to no avail to convince them that they must eat at Ohanas. She told me it seems weird to be at Disney and not get to have dinner at Ohanas.

very good we love both breakfast the juice is sooo good and it is so much fun and dinner is good .

Last summer we made an ADR for Captain’s Grille but once we arrived we were one of only 10 tables or so. We had a nice meal and decided it would be our go to when we wanted something good to eat but didn’t want to bother with an ADR. I hope it doesn’t become too well known, it’s a fine line.

Oh the food there is quite good. Very fun atmosphere too.

The food is good but I think it’s the concept and the atmosphere that really make it exceptional. I mean my husband is all about any place the brings you endless meat on sticks. For me it’s always been the potatoes, salad, wings and peel and eat shrimp that makes me want to go back.

I wasn’t impressed by the dinner at 'Ohana, but I’m not and have never been an 'Ohana fan.
It was OK, but certainly not special. Good thing we had such good company for our meal (Caveyfest II).
The worst part for me was dessert. I HATE BANANAS AND THEY ONLY OFFERED BANANAS FOSTER! (Well, you could get plain vanilla ice cream)
'Ohana is best enjoyed when you’re part of a large group of family and friends.

OHana is a must do for us every trip. The food is delicious and very plentiful. It can be quite difficult to get a reservation. You should definitely try it next time.

Well, if you love bananas, that dessert is fabulous!

Have had O’Hanas for breakfast and it was absolutly lovely! Their breakfast potatoes are the best in the whole of WDW! The sticky bread they gave you at the beginning (I can’t remember the name at all!) was delicious! The service was fantastic and the atmosphere is great, a great way to start the day! You also get loads of character interaction too.

We did the Character breakfast there and I thought it was pretty good. I wouldn’t mind trying for dinner as well. I do think as cinderbella said though that the atmosphere does a lot for the overall experience.

Ohana’s is awesome. Those wings…mmmmm…

I love the food (and desert) at 'Ohanas. The last time we ate there it wasn’t quite as good as we had remembered, but then again…we had just received free tickets to the Pirate and Princess Party (YOAMD) and were anxious to get to the park! We try to do mostly new restaurants each trip, but we will certainly be back.

Ohana’s … mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Yeap, that good! Cape May is delish too!!

Ohana is a MUST Do every trip. If it was my way it would be every night on the trip. I just love sitting back drinking a pina coloda and listening to the hawaiian guy sing. Its so relaxing.
The food is great ,however I dont eat the red meat just the turkey and shrimp.

Are the tables at 'Ohana shared with other families? I thought I read that somewhere, but I could be getting it confused with something else. We are going to try it for the first time this coming Sunday…I can’t wait for our dinner there after reading all the reviews on AllEars and the comments here. It sounds amazing. I wasn’t able to get a reservation for several weeks, but tried again last week and was able to get one for 6:40pm with a party of 5. Go figure.

The tables at 'Ohana are not shared, it’s a typical restaurant as far as seating goes.

We LOVE O’hanas Must do for every trip. DD does not like their food, so they make her a cheeseburger and fries.