How is the 2 counter service plan?

We have booked ASMU and got the 2 counter service plan. We always took the full dinning plan and are woundering if its a good choice?:confused:

Any feed back?

We probably wouldn’t have ever tried the 2 service plan, except that we stayed at ASMo a couple of years ago during free dining and didn’t want to pay to upgrade. We researched all of the CS in each park and knew that we had our favorites (Wolfgang Puck Express is the BEST), and we actually ended up liking it better than the regular dining plan. For us, it was nice not to feel like we were living our vacation around ADRs. :happy:

We did the CS plan last year. We were pleasantly surprised - we had plenty to eat and getting the refillable mugs was a big plus. There are 4 of us - me, DH, DD11 and DS9 - at times we would split meals, esp. breakfast at the resort - you can get a very large meal on the plan - so 2 of us would share one, we each had a mug, so no worries!
Not having to be at a certain restaurant at a certain time was a plus too - we enjoyed the change of pace. Bottom line - do some research on the CS restaurants and their menus. I’m sure you will have a great time!

I agree with what has been said. The freedom to eat when you are hungry and everyone gets to have their favorite place, is so much more relaxing. Having done the table service many times, I don’t feel I need to have a sit down everyday. Not feeling so stuffed makes walking around the parks alot easier too!

Thanks for asking this question I have been wondering about this myself.

As others have said with the DDP you spend so much time waiting at restaurants, also there is the anxiety of booking ADR’s.

I love it too! Plenty of snacks and food to eat! The combo meals are so big you can even share (since all come with a dessert) or make your own meals. One of us gets a salad, one a burger and then we split, etc. And the fact that each person in the party gets a resort mug - it makes it sooooooo worth it. I think the mugs alone are $13.99 each now.

I always get this plan, and then just pay for a sit down if we really want one.

I’ve only ever done the full DDP but the CS plan wouldn’t bother me at all in fact I think I’d probably prefer it too.
There is a wide range of choices for CS and plenty of food included so I think you’ll be fine and have the freedom to eat when and where you like.

Are you guys talking about Quick Service dining? We’ve always paid out of pocket. My kids are very picky and don’t do well with buffets at all so I found 3 TS meals they would eat but would have to be breakfast which would be very convenient. ADR’s seem very stressful. I would only want a TS meal in the park I was going to be at, or if a monorail park, then a restaurant at a monorail resort. Breakfast would work best so that way once we go to the park we don’t have to leave until we are ready and then we don’t have to go back. For the price of a vacation package, we can stay at SOG and pay for QS out of pocket. I would like to stay at a moderate or deluxe but we have just as much fun saving over a thousand dollars. Maybe if my kids weren’t picky, it would be different. ADR’s still seem too stressful. If you guys are talking about something different, please let me know. Thanks!

Wendy they’re talking about DDP, table service plan vs counter service plan.

We’ve never done TSDDP but have done CSDDP and it worked good for us. A fare amt of variety to choose from. With my 2 youngest DD’s being such picky eaters most of what they like to eat can’t be ordered for them at a TS, they’re to old, but can at a CS.
If we had a choice i’d go with CS because of cost and convienence and pay OOP for those few must have sit-downs.

Like I always say, do your homework.
Study the menus for the places that interest you and if the numbers work in your favor, it’s a good deal.
They have really added a lot of variety to counter service options in the last few years.
Whether the new choices work for you, only you can say.

I would love to eat on the fly. There are quite enough good counter service restaurants at WDW.
Funny thing is my DH always wants the deluxe dining plan and he doesn’t even really care if he eats or not.

It would be so much easier not to have to make reservations anywhere, especially if the trip is during free dining!

Thanks I would prefer CS too because you get 2 snacks! I tried to plan what restaurants we would eat at each day, but problem was by the time we got hungry we would be nowhere near those restaurants and I don’t like to backtrack. It was fine though. It’s nice they don’t know if you share on CS as where you’re not allowed to share on TS. I learned you can buy just the hamburger bun alone (3.50) and buy a double cheeseburger at Backlot Express, they put the cheese on the bottom bun so one piece of meat is PLAIN to put on the other bun. As my son with autism says, “That’s correct!”

Thanks all!

I think we may give it a try. We normally get the full dinning but it might be better not following reservations for once.

Does anyone know what it costs to upgrade from the free DDP 2 counter service plan to the 1 counter service and 1 sit down plan.

I really liked the Counter service plan. It worked really well for my and DD the last two trips. We still scheduled a few tables, but the flexibility of eating when and where I wanted to was a nice change. I hate rushing from one table to the next. It’s overwhelming.

That being said, we are on the normal DDP that we got for FREE as a bounce-back offer for this August. I will still use the plan as I want to, but know that I can also trade a table for a counter if I don’t feel like eating at a table. Who cares when it’s free?

[QUOTE=Dana;1058661]I really liked the Counter service plan. It worked really well for my and DD the last two trips. We still scheduled a few tables, but the flexibility of eating when and where I wanted to was a nice change. I hate rushing from one table to the next. It’s overwhelming.

That being said, we are on the normal DDP that we got for FREE as a bounce-back offer for this August. I will still use the plan as I want to, but know that I can also trade a table for a counter if I don’t feel like eating at a table. Who cares when it’s free?[/QUOTE]

I agree most of the time my DD’s are ordering french fries and counter service type meals anyway. We are going to give it a shot.

I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised. A few favortie counters that I have discovered due to this plan is wolfgang puck express at DTD, Yak and Yeti and Sunshine seasons…they are all must-dos for us.

If I didn’t get the bounce back for free DDP, I would have most definately booked the CS plan.

For us, we really enjoy the Regular DDP… I just like having the one sit down table service meal a day. I always figured since we hardly ever go out to eat that why not take advantage of it, especially when it’s free like Dana said!!!

Now the Deluxe was just way to much for us!! I found our whole holiday ended up revolving around our ADR’s. So for us the RDDP works the best!!

[QUOTE=TheHawley’s;1059617]For us, we really enjoy the Regular DDP… I just like having the one sit down table service meal a day. I always figured since we hardly ever go out to eat that why not take advantage of it, especially when it’s free like Dana said!!!

Now the Deluxe was just way to much for us!! I found our whole holiday ended up revolving around our ADR’s. So for us the RDDP works the best!![/QUOTE]

We love the sit down dinner also but we will try the 2 counter service. I just hope we dont miss the dit down. A big part of our trip was making dr.

Anyone know what it would cost to upgrade.

[QUOTE=Dana;1058710]I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised. A few favortie counters that I have discovered due to this plan is wolfgang puck express at DTD, Yak and Yeti and Sunshine seasons…they are all must-dos for us.

If I didn’t get the bounce back for free DDP, I would have most definately booked the CS plan.[/QUOTE]

We will see we may be suprised!