How late do the POR boats run?

We’re going up to WDW this weekend for my brother’s birthday, staying at POR. He’s meeting us there after 8pm on Friday and he wanted to go to Ghirardelli’s at DTD that night by boat. Just wondering how late the boats run between DTD and POR?

Thanks! :heart:

I believe around midnight is when they stop running.
You can find out tomorrow, heehee

[QUOTE=Dopey;1002913]I believe around midnight is when they stop running.
You can find out tomorrow, heehee[/QUOTE]

We’re compulsive over-planners. :laugh:

Thanks for the info. :heart:

Respectfully, midnight is not correct.

The last boat will leave the DTD dock around 11 p.m. or a little earlier … it says so right on the signs at the POR and POFQ docks. But that doesn’t need to be a problem, because the Port Orleans resorts have buses to DTD just like all the other resorts do, and those buses run much later, until roughly 2 a.m. or so (which is 2 hours after usual closing time for places such as House of Blues and Raglan Road).

You know, as many times as we have taken the boat from POFQ to DTD, I never noticed times posted! I have always just asked the boat captain what time the last boat leaves DTD.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1003082]Respectfully, midnight is not correct.

The last boat will leave the DTD dock around 11 p.m. or a little earlier … it says so right on the signs at the POR and POFQ docks. But that doesn’t need to be a problem, because the Port Orleans resorts have buses to DTD just like all the other resorts do, and those buses run much later, until roughly 2 a.m. or so (which is 2 hours after usual closing time for places such as House of Blues and Raglan Road).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That will make things easier. I didn’t realize the buses ran so late!

Now see, you’re so smart. That’s what we do too.

Have fun on the boat. The first time we stayed there- we did not know that there was a boat that connected the two… Once we learned, we did not hesitate to use it… Love that ride- it feels so relaxing, and like you are the only one that know the secret… It is so fun!!! Have a great trip!

Thank you! We’ve taken the boat once before but it’s been quite a while, and we’ve never done it at night. I’m looking forward to it. :happy:

It is really nice to take the boat at night. Wish your brother a happy birthday from us!! :happy:

my kids loved it at night… The really loved it…

The boat at night was my boys favorite ride in all the land.

I also think it’s wonderful, especially since now the tree houses are there and you can peep inside them from the boat, heehee

On a related note, are there different boats to different resorts? We’re staying at POFQ and have an ADR at SSR for an early dinner on our first day. We want to take the boat over. Do we need to go to DTD and then get on a different boat?

Help - we’re leaving early tomorrow morning!!!

[QUOTE=Cynsayshi;1003255]On a related note, are there different boats to different resorts? We’re staying at POFQ and have an ADR at SSR for an early dinner on our first day. We want to take the boat over. Do we need to go to DTD and then get on a different boat?

Help - we’re leaving early tomorrow morning!!![/QUOTE]You can’t get from POFQ to SSR by direct boat. To do it by boat, you’d have to take the boat from POFQ to DTD, and then wait for a different boat to take you from DTD back towards SSR. This would be a very pleasant way to go, but also a very inefficient (that is, time consuming) way to go … it could easily take 45 minutes to 1 hour. The resorts are probably 3 or 4 minutes apart by taxi, and would probably cost about $10 or so.

You could also get off the boat from POFQ to DTD and then walk about 10 minutes to SSR; there is a walking path.

I love taking the boat to DTD. It is such a relaxing trip. I cant wait to do it again soon!

we love it too Disneymom. Infact we only ever use the boat when we go to DTD and Marketplace-so much nicer having it as an option from the resort. It is so relaxing and beats a bus any day!! They do run until late though, the last bus leaves usually about 11pm although that being said, we have gotten on a boat at 11:30pm before as they had extended the hours for some reason ( which I can’t quite remember now! ).

I will, thanks! He had a great time! :happy:

we love it too Disneymom. Infact we only ever use the boat when we go to DTD and Marketplace-so much nicer having it as an option from the resort. It is so relaxing and beats a bus any day!! They do run until late though, the last bus leaves usually about 11pm although that being said, we have gotten on a boat at 11:30pm before as they had extended the hours for some reason ( which I can’t quite remember now! ).

We are never out that late so it is not an issue. By the way Ariel, is your name Polly?:mickey:

yes my lovely it is! :happy:

yes my lovely it is!

That is my name too and I dont know anyone besides you with that name!:ohmy: