How long in advance can I really book

I’m looking at WDW in Feb/March, possibly April for 7 people. 5 kids 2 adults. We did Crystal Palace w/ Pooh, Sci Fi Theatre, and Tutto Italia last year. The older 2 have done other Character Meals in the past. Princesses, Classic characters or whatever it was called. I am undecided on where to go & what to do and if I should even bother booking anything. I’m not thrilled with planning my trip around a meal reservation when I’m dragging kids with me, but I’ll do it if it means being the best mom ever. :cool:

I wouldn’t mind repeating The Crystal Palace lunch w/ Pooh and then the Sci Fi Theatre. Tutto Italia was yummy and all, but I’d rather do that without kids sometime.
How long in advance should I book? How long should I wait until the last minute, etc?
FIL has always done the WDW planning as he is partially retired and could sit by the phone on THE day he was able to call in for reservations.
Also, any other must see restaurants in MK and Epcot? We’re doing MK for 2 days, Epcot for 1, and Hollywood Studios for 1.

You can call 90 days out to book your dining. The sooner you call the more options you have. I would set something up just so you have it, if you don’t have plans you may find long waits hen you’re trying to find a place to eat.

Last time we went, we booked mostly Resort Restaurants for sit down dinners, and it worked out great. We had 3 adults and 3 kids. We did not sit down every night, we were on the Dining plan and used some 2 credit meals - like Yachtsmen’s Steakhouse (AWESOME), CRT (wont do again), and Narcoosees (awesome!), but also went to Boma, Spoodles and another I cant recall. We made reservations relatively late, and took transportation right from the parks to the resorts, then back to the parks for transportation home. This kept our days free, but we all enjoyed checking out the resorts and eating some really good food.

And if the reservation does not fit in with how your day is going, you can always call and cancel your reservation. Have fun!

I did a total tourist thing and called for a dvd and asked the CM about dining reservations and etc. I was curious about how much I had to pay to book everything too. I love my fil and all but he was no help. :whistling

Any restaurant suggestions for MK & Epcot? We’re doing the sit downs in the parks and our counter service at the hotel for dinner.