How many magic band did you get?

We have a trip coming up in May at two resorts. We are also AP holders and we got MBs for them. Will we also get MB as resort guests? Just like to keep check on expected mail.

We also got a card we are suppose to carry for any AP discounts, wasn’t the MB suppose to free you of cards?

Never mind. Looking at the web site it seems like disney is sending more in a few days.

Yes, if you designed them (pick color and name) then they will send them regardless of how many you have. If you didn’t want anymore, don’t design them, then when you check in, they would try to give you the grey ones. You could then decline and they would be recycled for the next guest.

double post

That interesting, I haven’t heard that before. I wonder how many people have taken several trips in the last yr and now have a whole bunch of MBs?

Me!!! I have one of each color, and a couple extra pinks! Those, I may fiddle with in decorating. I’ve read somewhere people are using nailpolish to customize theirs.

I did call and tell them the first time I knew I was getting extras from a split stay, and only send one set. I was told that’s not how the system works, and for right now, you will get a set each time you have a confirmation number. Thus, why people on other boards have given the suggestions of declining the greys so not to waste. I actually like having all colors. Get to match my outfit each day!

Are they all linked during one trip? I ordered the same color for all the bands. How droll it that? It never occurred to me to do anything different.

Yes, the bands are actually linked to your MDE account, and you can have up to 8 bands active.

Blue, yellow, and red.
I believe in theory, you could activate and deactivate them on a daily basis so you could change your color daily.

You don’t even have to deactivate if changing colors. They will all work as long as they are at the active status in your MDE account.

Ha, I think I am going to be drowning in MBs by June. I have 2 active MBs from previous trips. They are tied to my AP. Then I just received my AP Magic Band. I am going with 12 people in June and we just added a night at the start of our trip with a different reservation number so everyone will get 2 MBs for that trip. They are all being delivered to my house so I will end up with 24 MBs plus my existing 3. Yikes. There has got to be a more cost efficient way to do this!

And they make APs on paper because the plastic cards would be too expensive?

They used to give plastic cards away like candy - heck even the VOUCHER for the AP was plastic. What are they spending on purchase and delivery of these stupid MBs? They even sent me 6 when we stayed one night before a cruise we never set foot in a park. Didn’t request or want them yet here they come.

I wonder how long before they stop coming in the fancy box.

I was wondering the same thing. This big gigantic box for two little rubber bracelets. We are going in a few days and have our bands all packed. We are going back down to WDW in less than 30 days after we return and received another set. I had heard that we will be getting additional bands because we are AP members. Let’s see, we are up to 6 bands now. I also heard that we get something different to actually carry our AP now. This is getting complicated. I sure there is a definite refinement of the program in the works.

We got the ones for AP. In the box was a note with 2 plastic cards to carry for parking and discounts. We also got a little rubber slide thing that said AP 2014. They were loose in the box. I bet some people took out the bands and tossed the rest.

But we now have 3 MB for me and 3 for DH.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1141682]We got the ones for AP. In the box was a note with 2 plastic cards to carry for parking and discounts. We also got a little rubber slide thing that said AP 2014. They were loose in the box. I bet some people took out the bands and tossed the rest.

But we now have 3 MB for me and 3 for DH.[/QUOTE]

Headed for both my boxes now to be sure I didn’t overlook anything. Thank you!

Our APs are on a plastic. We got our AP in late May, maybe even June 1st and I think it was fairly new at that time.

Just got our 4 bands. Now to get everything tied together. Hope to become a fan of the bands once we arrive.

Thank goodness for this thread. After Jo Jo said something about the plastic cards in the box, I went back and double checked our second set of bands we received. Guess what?! I never opened the second box for our second trip and inside were the plastic cards, our Passholder bands, and the little 2014 decoration for our bands. I called Disney today just to be sure I was doing everything right, and I was a little confused. I thought the bands were already activated, but apparently not. Our APs are all linked to our account and our vacation, but the actual bands don’t get activated until we check in tomorrow which then allows us to use them for charging, getting into the parks, etc. I had in my mind that they came activated. Glad I called!