How Old is Too Old?

DD wants to dress as a princess at MK this year. She’ll be turning 10 a few weeks after our trip, and as much as I hate to see my baby girl grow up, I can’t help but feel she’ll look a little out of place being that old.

Opinions?

Let her do it, but bring a change of clothes in case she starts to feel out of place.

I don’t think it’s about how it looks, it’s about how she feels. And if she still feels like she wants to dress up like a princess, let her enjoy it.

If she wants to, let her do it! it is harmless, and she will only be little once. We missed the whole dressing up stage, and I wish that we would have. We just hit her age right when people were just starting to do it- enough where you looked at people funny if they did it. Now, she is too old…

She will only be little once, and next time you go, she will think that you are crazy for suggesting it!

What Andrea said. Bring a change of clothes and let her do it.

Yep…let her be the judge…and have a change of clothes with you…I can’t even remember now when my DD gave up the princess costumes…BUT…she did wear a Belle–esque looking wedding gown last summer so…:heart:

…wait…not to WDW!!! Lol. To her wedding…sheesh…I need more coffee…:eek:

From Dad to Dad,

Youngest DD just finished her Phys Ther program, oldest DD just graduated from Law School Saturday. The time went too fast. Enjoy the time she wants to live the magic, because you will wish they were still there in a few short years. :crying:

Pam and I still do the ‘remember when’ game as we walk through the parks now that we travel most times by ourselves.

And a backup set of clothes stashed in a locker as you enter the park will do no harm.

I think 9/10 is just fine…
But then again…if DD15 wanted to I’d be hunting down a dress…Lol!

Younger DD is 26 and she’d still wear a Princess dress if I let her! She missed out on the whole Princess phenom and has never forgiven me. She still looks at all the Princess stuff when she’s there. Let her wear the dress - all too soon she’ll be rolling her eyes at you and telling you not to embarrass her. As Dopey said, bring along a change of clothes if she has a change of heart.

She is fine. Keep her a kid if she wants to be a kid. They grow up entirely to fast now. Sara and I wear Tiaras on vacation and carry pirate swords…we are suppose to be “to old” for that, but I honestly could care less. It’s fun~!!

This is for your DD right, I mean if it is for you who am I to judge…

Honestly I say let her be a child as long as she wants to be. Disney is a place of magic and I know each time we go I become a child again at least for a little while.

-Harry

I still dress up like a princess and Boss still wears a tutu…

(my niece, who was about 10 then, did the princess dress up on her last trip and loved it. After a morning of being a princess and doing the princess tea her tomboy inner self kicked in and she changed into shorts and t-shirt…I think bringing some spar cloths is good advice.)

Let her do it! I’ve seen a lot of ‘big girls’ wearing princess dresses in MK.

Of course, bring a change of clothes in case she gets hot or is just sick of the princess garb.

[QUOTE=tigger;1110554]I still dress up like a princess and Boss still wears a tutu…

[/QUOTE]

That’s the spirit. You princesses and ballerinas are exactly what this world needs :heart:

I agree with all the above…isn’t acting like a child part of the magic of WDW.

I think that is fine. My oldest is 9 and I would be fine if she wanted to dress up. Heck we all turn into overgrown 5 years old within a 25 mile radius of the World. Enjoy it. It will likely be her last hoorah as a princess:sad:

Yeah let her dress up and enjoy it while she can. Heaven forbid she grows up and starts to feel like WDW is for babies and only looks forward to Ft. Lauderdale during spring break. :blink:

[QUOTE=Cavey;1110531]DD wants to dress as a princess at MK this year. She’ll be turning 10 a few weeks after our trip, and as much as I hate to see my baby girl grow up, I can’t help but feel she’ll look a little out of place being that old.

Opinions?[/QUOTE]

I’m 23 and I’d dress as a princess if I could! :laugh:

Plus the rest of us use Halloween as an excuse to dress up, when we would really do it every day-just like the little kids!

Go for it!!!
My baby girl is 10 and she would love to dress as a princess for WDW. I will wait until closer to our Nov trip before buying her dress though. Growing out of her clothes is her current favorite hobby!