How old were you

when you took you first Disney trip? And what was it like?:wub:

I was 19, and didn’t see as much as I should have. Went with my best friend. Didn’t do any homework, so didn’t know what to expect. My next trip is the memorable one. Was 35 and bringing the kids for the first time. Probably our best trip out of the seven I have gone on. Too many things to list, but low crowds, extra special cm’s, and upgrade from CBR to AKL (food court closed, so transferred reservations elsewhere) got us hooked on our favorite resort. Pure magic!

I was 34 years old!! And pregnant with my second child. :slight_smile: I think thats why he loves Disney so much.

We were so under prepared for our trip!

I was 36 and it was like a dream come true.

I was 27. We lived in Sonoma County, CA my mother came to visit from Germany and we took a road trip. We went to see the San Diego Zoo and also Disneyland, because my mother wanted to see it. What fun we had, we only spent one day in the park because we had no idea what to expect. I know that we had a great day but I don’t know what we missed. It’s all good. I got hooked, didn’t I?

I was 9 years old and Epcot had just opened like six month earlier. We stayed at the Polynesian and we also did the Hoopdee Doo Review. I got pulled up on stage when they were dancing around the tables! LOL

One thing I do remember is some of the rides in Epcot not working correctly but we had a great time!

talk about not doing homework. Back then I didn’t know that you had to do your homework. No one did.
The homework part only hit home when I signed on with Disney Central and saw all that goes on.
Our first Florida trip was in 1999 and in November back then, you needed no reservations for anything. I walked into Guest services in Epcot and made a reservation for breakfast the next morning and the CM said “how about the Crystal Palace”…“ummm fine, where is that and what time?” I never even knew about the characters there until we got there. I must say, that was almost better than knowing every tiny, little bit, me thinks sometimes

oh, and we didn’t stay on property because we didn’t know there was such a thing :eek:

Oh gosh, we didn’t stay on property either. We had no idea about so many things. We did manage to eat at the Crystal Palace, though, I knew Pooh and Piglet were supposed to be there. Our son was 3 and half at the time, and loved it. He also loved Bear in the Big Blue House, so we did Playhouse Disney. I have so many fond memories of him watching Bear, and dancing along. :slight_smile:

He even found out he was going to be a big brother on that trip! We told him while we were waiting in line for the Indy cars…(in a heat induced stupor!!)

All I know is, after we got back, we realized how much we had missed! So, I got to work and planned our next trip, for the fall of 2003. And we were officially hooked then.

oh WOW…what a memory? both good and bad. I was 13 and it was summer…around the end of July. My Dad had been sick, and nobody could figure out why. My mom told me I was going to stay a few days with my sister who is 15 years my elder. After 1 day, my sister told me that we needed some more clothes for me, so we ran back by my house…I remember her packing almost EVERYTHING and thinking that it was odd. We left the house and ended up at the regional airport about 45 minutes later and 1 and a half hours after that we were in Memphis, TN and then on another plane - when we got on that plane my sister finally told me we were going to WDW. We stayed for 2 weeks - all the while my Dad was getting worse…was transferred to Memphis and by the time we got back to Memphis it was discovered he had lung cancer and was in the late stages of it. He stayed in that Memphis hospital for 3 months before coming home. So, many emotions wrapped up in my 1st WDW trip…but I guess the one that over-rides more than any, is the realization now…how much my sister cared for me - knowing she would have rather been with my Dad - but took care of me and did everything in the world to shield me from the pain my Dad was going through.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1000364]Oh gosh, we didn’t stay on property either. We had no idea about so many things. We did manage to eat at the Crystal Palace, though, I knew Pooh and Piglet were supposed to be there. Our son was 3 and half at the time, and loved it. He also loved Bear in the Big Blue House, so we did Playhouse Disney. I have so many fond memories of him watching Bear, and dancing along. :slight_smile:

He even found out he was going to be a big brother on that trip! We told him while we were waiting in line for the Indy cars…(in a heat induced stupor!!)

All I know is, after we got back, we realized how much we had missed! So, I got to work and planned our next trip, for the fall of 2003. And we were officially hooked then.[/QUOTE]

except for the heat induced stupor, we had about the same experience. After 99 we were officially hooked…errrr, that’s not right either, I WAS HOOKED. I don’t know where things went wrong from there. My 3 men were never hooked :crying:

I was 5. I don’t remember much other than I was terrified of the Haunted Mansion and I freaked out when I saw Alice (my hero) riding on a mushroom in the parade.

Sounds like a wonderful sister, but a very bittersweet memory.:flowers:

My first trip was with my family in the summer 1972. My parents didn’t really understand the whole Disney thing…we just happened to be in FL and we stopped by on our way between cost. I have no memories of the trip other then a picture of me holding Snow Whites hand in front of a building in Fantasyland. My older brothers tell me that we just sort of walked around and then left (I think my brother is still upset he didn’t get to ride that “submarine ride”).

Other then brief encounters with such Disney classics as “Old Yeller”, “The Blackhole”, the occasion Disney TV show on ABC, and seeing someone in a Mickey shirt I had no contact with anything Disney.

In the 90’s we meet a couple who became one of our best friends. They actually had grown up with a very famous cartooning family who’s son had become one of the top animators for Disney. My friend was still really close with his childhood friend that would send him signed stills form Disney movies he was working on. Now they weren’t Disney fanatics but she told DW that she should take me on a trip to WDW. Well we finally got around to in in 2001 (about 5 years late).

When we went the first time DW had every details planned and scheduled on index cards. It was one of the funniest most exhausting trip we have ever taken. We stayed at the WL for a week. It was 3 weeks before Christmas.

Since that trip I have taken nearly 100 trips to Disney (nearly half in 2007). I have taken my Nephew twice and my Niece once. I have taken my Mom and Dad making them ride just about everything in MK, AK, EPCOT, (have not gotten them to HS)…they really love EPCOT and go there at least once a year.

My younger sister, who was just born on our first family trip is married to a Disney fan and they go as often as they can (which sadly for them is about every other year). My older brother have a deep seeded hatred for the mouse…I blame them for being sticks in the mud.

dadofthree…what a touching story, and what a wonderful sister you have. Thanks for sharing it.

My first trip was when I was 2 1/2, and I remember my brother accidently dropping me in the pool, and being scared to death of swimming for about 10 years!! LOL!!

I also remember going on Dumbo with my Dad, and my Mom holding me during a parade. It was HOT!

Oh yeah…and we went to Circus World…does anyone else remember Circus World???

oh wow, dadofthree, that is heart wrenching.

oddly enough - it was an awesome trip. EXACTLY what I needed before the battles began with Cancer. My dad lived for eight years until finally losing that battle, and those two weeks will always mean alot to me.

I was 5 years old, 1983. I was absolutely TERRIFIED of Snow White’s Adventure and Pirates of the Caribbean. The Witch in Snow White still freaks me out a bit, & those horrid trees with the scary faces. haha.

I’ve never skipped a year since 1983. :smile:

Wow. What a great sister you have.

I was 6 on my first trip and we camped off property. I don’t remember much except being too short to ride Space Mountain and loving the Country Bears and Tiki birds.

I remember more about the trip from NJ to FL in the back of my dad’s pick-up with the cap on it, way before seat belts became mandatory. My brothers and I had a lot of fun in the back of that truck. My dad put a piece of carpet in there and we played board games, card games, we could stretch out, we had all the snacks and drinks. We stopped several times along the way at various FL tourist traps, but it was a really fun trip.