How true is this?

I am just wondering because a friend of mine just got back from Disney and she told me that if you stay at a value resort you really don’t get that good of seating when it comes to the dining plan.

She went to 1900 park, and she was staying at a value resort, when they walked them to their table they walked them immed. to the back of the room, she said there were 10 EMPTY tables right up front…long story short they told her they were reserved…she spoke to a manager and after a while they moved them to the empty tables, but she then later found out that those tables were for people staying that GF.

So I am just wondering, has anyone experienced:confused: something like this and is there really any truth to this seating arrangement thing.

My friend is at work right now but she told me there was almost the same incident at another rest., but she didn’t get to tell me yet, so i will keep you all posted.

I honestly never noticed because every time we went to eat, it was always so crowded.

That’s not true. They have no idea where you’re staying unless you specifically tie your dining to your hotel reservation. It may have been that there was a large party booked into 1900 Park Fare that was staying at the GF that those tables were for. We have never been asked where we were staying upon check in at the restaurant. I have stayed at all three levels of hotel and had varying levels of ‘good’ to ‘bad’ seating locations in the restaurants at all hotel levels. I’ve stayed Deluxe and been seated near the kitchens/washrooms and I’ve stayed Moderate and gotten a window seat at CRT overlooking Fantasyland. Level of hotel has nothing at all to do with where you are seated in the restaurant.

I believe they may have been holding some tables for guests staying there at that resort. They want their resort guests to have available options for dining too.

ok thank you!
i was just curious because I never experienced anything like that so I was wondering if they really did that or not, i am sure my GF isn’t lying about what happened, but maybe she thought it was because she stayed at a value etc.
Thanks again!

ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!!
All of my dining reservations are not coupled to my resort reservations. One has nothing to do with the other and it makes no difference where you’re staying.
We’ve stayed in value resorts and gotten good tables at California Grill and Crystal Palace.
Where you sit is the same as everything else, first come first served-depending on your party size only.

ddoll’s comment about holding tables sounds correct to a point. I know that I’ve been able to get a last minute reservation at Chef Mickey’s a couple times because we were staying at the Contemporary. I’ve also been told by Contemporary’s concierge that the monorail resorts all have extra pull with the monorail restaurants and I believe a similar arrangement exists for Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1052234]ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!!
All of my dining reservations are not coupled to my resort reservations. One has nothing to do with the other and it makes no difference where you’re staying.
We’ve stayed in value resorts and gotten good tables at California Grill and Crystal Palace.
Where you sit is the same as everything else, first come first served-depending on your party size only.

ddoll’s comment about holding tables sounds correct to a point. I know that I’ve been able to get a last minute reservation at Chef Mickey’s a couple times because we were staying at the Contemporary. I’ve also been told by Contemporary’s concierge that the monorail resorts all have extra pull with the monorail restaurants and I believe a similar arrangement exists for Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht.[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting. So when you’re at WDW and you decide you’d like to make an ADR for the night, do you call Disney Dining or Concierge?

We’ve stayed Mod and Deluxe and have always had great seatings. I’ll have to try to remember to take notice if the front tables are empty or not when being lead to our table.

I was staying at the value resort and got the BEST seating ever for the Cinderella dinner at the 1900 Park Fare. I do not think that they look at the place you are staying but where to put you. We were a large group so with 4 kids and 3 adult and were right by the food and were Cinderella and Prince Charming do the dance. We were there right at the opening time and they were putting people in different areas of the dining room.

Myth … We always stay at All Star Movies and always eat at 1900 PF. We always have a great table. In Fact we spent half of our May Trip at GF and had the same seating…

I wouldn’t worry about location !!! :pirate:

I have even stayed off property and received great seating at Calf. Grill, CRT and Princess Storybook.

Call “Mr. Benjamin” and you can get a seat anywhere.

You call: (407)939-3463

I do this all the time when I’m at a park for the day and even sometimes when we just don’t feel like dining at the place where we already have an ADR. Usually we get lucky but sometimes there is nothing (that we’re interested in) available…

If anything, I would say we have had it the other way around. The only place I know we have had a bad table period was 1900 Park Fair. LOL> We got the very front table in the corner. Why was it bad? It was the furthest from the buffet. LOL. Otherwise, we have never had this issue. We have had the window table twice at Cinderella’s Royal Table at fireworks time, fireworks seats at California Grill, the best window tables at the Crystal Palace every time. Honestly, I wonder if it isn’t the opposite. But, I think just being really nice and polite goes a really long way too.

This is a complicated question further complicated by there being two different levels of concierge, lobby concierge and club level concierge.
If you’re a club level guest, you’re paying for extra services like advance planning assistance and a bit of an old boy network where club concierge CMs have more resources and contacts at their disposal (like my story about getting a boat for an Illuminations cruise even though they were all gone by 7:02 90 days out, which is the first day you can make those reservations).
Contact with a club concierge can be made by phone and e-mail and once on property, face to face. The lobby concierge is a different animal. guests do not get to call them for assistance, all their work is done face to face.
When I’m at WDW, if I’m in a regular room, I’ll call DINE first and then stop by the lobby concierge. If I’m a club level guest, I go to the club lounge and sit down and work with the club concierge.

I hope this is a good enough explanation, but if you have other questions, ask.

That is not supposed to work Disney Magic:nonono2:

When we have needed last-minute reservations, we have called Disney Dining to ask for any place they could seat us near wherever we happened to be at that moment. Once, we were at Indiana Jones and called them before dinner. They got us seated at HBD, whcih turned out to be delicious and one of our must-eats each trip.

I have Disney Dining in my contacts on the cell phone in case of a food crisis at the parks… lol!

to be honest,you never know the reason for seating,it could be a shift change,it could be regulars who made a reservation and requested certain tables,it could be disney employees themselves,for whatever reason,which could be for many reasons…dining seating is also a plan,if the maitr’d likes certain waiter,and those more business their way…al ot of reasons why you were sat there…one of the simplest is some tables are less desirous than others,somepeople complain and some say nothing and just consider it the luck of the draw…

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1053216]When we have needed last-minute reservations, we have called Disney Dining to ask for any place they could seat us near wherever we happened to be at that moment. Once, we were at Indiana Jones and called them before dinner. They got us seated at HBD, whcih turned out to be delicious and one of our must-eats each trip.

I have Disney Dining in my contacts on the cell phone in case of a food crisis at the parks… lol![/QUOTE]

I do, too!!! We go down to eat dinner at the resorts sometimes without staying on property and we still get great seats. I would say that this is most definitely a false assumption. I think they may have had a large party coming in or something.