Howizthe Grand Floridian Cafe?

I just started reading Robin Hood’s trip report and he mentioned eating at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

I wonder who’s been there and what the food was like. I could make a meal of some items off the Appetizer menu alone. How about that “truffled french toast” and a cup of French onion soup? reads yummy to me

How about a review? :smile:

The photos of the place don’t look like it is a mere cafe… it looks very nice. If the food is as nice as the decor, it must be delicious!

We went there for lunch once and it was AMAZING. It cost the same as a counter service lunch since we had AP’s back then and got a discount. They had this sandwich that was like an open faced turkey, bacon and ham club with this melted cheese ALL over it. It was the best sandwich I have ever eaten. It’s been awhile and we’ve never been back but I know I will go back there again…soon.

Oh and the decor was very peaceful! It wasn’t too over the top stuffy like the GF seems to me.

That’s quite a word!!! :laugh:

hehe, I made it up myself, whaddayathink?

Pictures? I must find them.

Bella, that’s great news, I will put that on my list for lunch during one of our MK days. Thanks

I think it’s pretty snazzerific. :laugh:

PS: I’ve never been to the Grand Floridian Cafe. :laugh:

I’ll have to go and look at the lunch menu now. The dinner menu sure looks fine, but since we are on the deluxe ddp, I want to spend my dinnerpoints in signature restaurants :ph34r:

Here it is!
The Grand Sandwich - Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws $11.99
Yummy! I got it because someone on here had gotten it right before we went and was bragging about it.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;874440]Here it is!
The Grand Sandwich - Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws $11.99
Yummy! I got it because someone on here had gotten it right before we went and was bragging about it.[/QUOTE]

I looked at that and it looks so crumptious :wub:

How about this question, how late do you suppose they serve breakfast?

I am thinking going to MK in the morning, then hopping on the monorail and having a late breakfast, their breakfast menu looks even more exciting to me, and then hop back to the MK.

OMG, I am not even going until January and can’t make ressies until October 24 or so and I am ALREADY working out my plan on excel :eek:

Yummy! I got it because someone on here had gotten it right before we went and was bragging about it.[/QUOTE]

Yum! I love Boursin Cheese.:wub: I just wanted to say that.:blush:

BTW, I have never been there either, but might have to plan a stop by during our trip in Feb. now.:biggrin:

Yum! I love Boursin Cheese.:wub: I just wanted to say that.:blush:

BTW, I have never been there either, but might have to plan a stop by during our trip in Feb. now.:biggrin:

Oops!:blush: I like it so much, I needed to say it twice!:laugh:

I haven’t been there yet, but I keep hearing good things about it. They usually have good availability. I think that may be because people forget that it is there with all the other restaurants at GF.

that would be good for me.
Valerie, what are my chances in late January to just walk up at any restaurant for either breakfast of lunch and getting in. I am so not willing to plan my entire day around ADRs. It’s bad enough that I have to make evening ADRs. Thanks :smile:

I heard ya, I do too :laugh:

I think the chances of getting a walk-in is pretty high. Of course you can always call the day of or stop by any Guest Relations and we will be happy to make one for you!!:phone:

[QUOTE=Dopey;874481]that would be good for me.
Valerie, what are my chances in late January to just walk up at any restaurant for either breakfast of lunch and getting in. I am so not willing to plan my entire day around ADRs. It’s bad enough that I have to make evening ADRs. Thanks :smile:[/QUOTE]

When we ate there it was June (and granted lunch time) but we walked up and the place was pretty empty.