How's Cape May

Haven’t eaten @ Cape May for years. Always go somewhere else, but if I walk by during dinner, I always tell my wife that we have to eat there.
Am I missing anything??
What do they have on the menu these days.
Thoughts??
Thx.
Frank

Does anyone know if they serve scallops at Cape May.
My wife is extremely allergic to them.
She won’t eat them, but I would think that cross contamination at a buffet would be more likely.
Thx.
Frank

cant help now but we have adrs in three weeks. I can get back to you after our trip… there has been a couple threads on cape may

I’ve always found dinner at Cape May to be a let down.
This means, I expected more from it than it delivered in terms of selection and variety, and not deficiencies in quality or service.

I believe when we last did dinner there (May 2010?) they did not have scallops, nor did they have any deep fried seafood offerings.
Since then, it is reported that snow crab legs have returned.

No scallops, but we love it! My kids put a hurting on the clams- I know they will at least eat one meal when we are at Disney!

Can you walk in or do you need a reservation.
Checked On Line reservations and upcoming nite is totally booked???
Hard to believe in late August???
Frank

We’ve always had an ADR.

Never been there for dinner, just for breakfast. It is probably our favorite buffet. Love the atmosphere, the resort is so beautiful!

We had dinner there several times and just walked up and asked. We had to wait around a little but its such a pleasant area its not too bad at all. Can’t help with the clams- but I would ask, I have a life threatening allergy too and you can’t be too careful.

i’ve tired both breakfast & dinner. Both were very good but I perfer breakfast because i’m not a huge seafood person.

I’ve never tried it because the reports and menu i’ve seen don’t really sound that appealing to me.
My idea of a Seafood Buffet is southern fried catfish in a meal batter (not flour), boiled crawfish, etouffee, a good seafood gumbo with some andouille, maybe frog legs, definitely alligator and lot’s of shrimp in every way imaginable. And of course you’d need to have your red beans and rice, greens, purple hulls and hush puppies to accompany:heart:

This is why i’m not a big fan of CHH either. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1087844]I’ve never tried it because the reports and menu i’ve seen don’t really sound that appealing to me.
My idea of a Seafood Buffet is southern fried catfish in a meal batter (not flour), boiled crawfish, etouffee, a good seafood gumbo with some andouille, maybe frog legs, definitely alligator and lot’s of shrimp in every way imaginable. And of course you’d need to have your red beans and rice, greens, purple hulls and hush puppies to accompany:heart:

This is why i’m not a big fan of CHH either. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

We could add some items to this like crab legs, (excellent) ribs and pulled pork, cornbread, fried clams and scallops, keep Cape May’s signature steamed clam buckets (I don’t even care for the things, but still, it’s a signature offering) and I’d be in Heaven.

Don’t forget the salad bar and interesting breads, appetizers, and desserts.

CCH doesn’t fit with Cajun/Creole cuisine. That is I believe Liberty Square is in the northeast somewhere (Philly, Boston, Baltimore perhaps). So Thematically, CCH works as it is because of what it is.

A better thought would be some sort of New Orleans themed CS (they could even put it in Pirate and Parrot) similar to the way that Blue Bayou and French Market are in Disneyland.
Menus - French Market - New Orleans Square - Disneyland
Blue Bayou Lunch Menu – Disneyland
Blue Bayou Dinner Menu – Disneyland

Yeah, that’s what we need! Cajun food across the way from Pirates!!:wub:

I’d go out of my way for some good gumbo and etouffee!

>>I’d go out of my way for some good gumbo and etouffee!<<
at Disney … That would b marvelous.
You mentioned scallops. They don’t have them do they???
Wife has serious allergy to them. I can imagine a huge cross contamination issue.
Thx
Frank

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1087993]

A better thought would be some sort of New Orleans themed CS (they could even put it in Pirate and Parrot) similar to the way that Blue Bayou and French Market are in Disneyland.
Menus - French Market - New Orleans Square - Disneyland
Blue Bayou Lunch Menu – Disneyland
Blue Bayou Dinner Menu – Disneyland

Yeah, that’s what we need! Cajun food across the way from Pirates!!:wub:

I’d go out of my way for some good gumbo and etouffee![/QUOTE]

Food like this makes me want to lick the screen :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I can virtually taste every bit of it :heart:

[QUOTE=fjs08;1087996]>>I’d go out of my way for some good gumbo and etouffee!<<
at Disney … That would b marvelous.
You mentioned scallops. They don’t have them do they???
Wife has serious allergy to them. I can imagine a huge cross contamination issue.
Thx
Frank[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you contacted them in advance and told them of the allergy the chef would be able to guarantee which items would not come in contact with scallops, and for those that “may”, maybe he/she could cook a chef’s special batch up just for your wife. I’ve read other reports where this has been done at other restaurants on site.

>>I’ve read other reports where this has been done at other restaurants on site.<,

We’ve had great responses from most of Disney’s restaurants on this issue.
We’ve never tried a buffet. I’d be concerned guests would cross contaminate, etc.
Thx for the note though. I do appreciate it.
Frank

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1087628]I’ve always found dinner at Cape May to be a let down.
This means, I expected more from it than it delivered in terms of selection and variety, and not deficiencies in quality or service.

I believe when we last did dinner there (May 2010?) they did not have scallops, nor did they have any deep fried seafood offerings.
Since then, it is reported that snow crab legs have returned.[/QUOTE]

Snow crab legs were there in February 2011. We really didn’t care for the meal. The presentation of the food had a lot to be desired and just wasn’t an inviting buffet, nor was the room they sat us in. It was stark white and sterile looking with virtually no color. And, our waitress was more interested in leaving for the night than waiting on us.

oh dear we have adrs in september Im thinking of cancelling

How disappointing. We have only had breakfast at cape may and have always been pleased.

We have adrs for Oct. 23rd I would also like to know if it is worth it or not. so make sure that you report back as to how it is. thank you .

[QUOTE=fjs08;1087999]>>I’ve read other reports where this has been done at other restaurants on site.<,

We’ve had great responses from most of Disney’s restaurants on this issue.
We’ve never tried a buffet. I’d be concerned guests would cross contaminate, etc.
Thx for the note though. I do appreciate it.
Frank[/QUOTE]

I believe that even the buffets are willing to work with food allergy issues and do whatever they have to.