How's dinner at Cape May Cafe?

The way our December schedule works out it looks like we need to find a place for dinner in the EPCOT resort area one night on the walk from the World Showcase to Hollywood Studios. I’ve only been to Cape May Cafe for the character breakfast and am curious to know about dinner there.

For a person who doesn’t eat any seafood is it still worth it? I see they have BBQ ribs, prime rib, and lots of non-seafood sides; are they good? How’s the food in general there for dinner and is it still a character meal for dinner?

Wishy,
We ate there for dinner in June, and it was VERY GOOD.
The Prime Rib/beef on the buffet was the very best I had ever eaten from a buffet/carver station EVER, by far. It also worked out that a lot of people were waiting in line for seafood, so there was less of a line for the salad bar and some of the other entrees/sides. I would recommend it.

Paul

[QUOTE=Prezcatz;992734]Wishy,
We ate there for dinner in June, and it was VERY GOOD.
The Prime Rib/beef on the buffet was the very best I had ever eaten from a buffet/carver station EVER, by far. It also worked out that a lot of people were waiting in line for seafood, so there was less of a line for the salad bar and some of the other entrees/sides. I would recommend it.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Is it still characters for dinner, or only breakfast?

Characters for breakfast only, has been for a long long time.
I felt dinner was disappointing and limited.
What I ate was ok, but pedestrian and as I’ve complained, sorely lacking fried shrimp, scallops, and clams. I’ve had better ribs too.
We ate there in June.
However, you should probably still give it a try. Each person will have their own opinion.

There are no characters at dinner, but the food is very good. I ate there in July 2008, and will be dining there again this December.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;992731]The way our December schedule works out it looks like we need to find a place for dinner in the EPCOT resort area one night on the walk from the World Showcase to Hollywood Studios. I’ve only been to Cape May Cafe for the character breakfast and am curious to know about dinner there.

For a person who doesn’t eat any seafood is it still worth it? I see they have BBQ ribs, prime rib, and lots of non-seafood sides; are they good? How’s the food in general there for dinner and is it still a character meal for dinner?[/QUOTE]

I went to Cape May while I was there in July. I don’t eat seafood at all and I enjoyed this meal. I say give it a try!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;992747]Characters for breakfast only, has been for a long long time.
I felt dinner was disappointing and limited.
What I ate was ok, but pedestrian and as I’ve complained, sorely lacking fried shrimp, scallops, and clams. I’ve had better ribs too.
We ate there in June.
However, you should probably still give it a try. Each person will have their own opinion.[/QUOTE]

See now, the first time we had dinner there in 2004, they had the most wonderfully prepared seafood. I know what I am talking about, having lived most of my life on an island which was “flooded” with the most amazing food from the sea. They had all of that, scallops, clams, mussles; everything tasted wonderful. I never touched the “land side” of the buffet that day. My DH and sons did and they liked it.
We went back to have dinner there in 2007 and it was absolutely awful, including the service.
I am afraid to go back there, although I am tempted.

We love the BC, but we’ve only done the dinner at Cape May Cafe once, and that was 5 years ago. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it - but it just didn’t make it to our “must do again” list.

We are long overdue to try it again. :blush:

As Soundgod was saying, you should be open to try everything at WDW at least once. YMMV.

We have been, and the food was much better than we had read about. It’s a nice buffet, so if you are at EC and you get really hungry, it’s a perfect spot. The food at Biergarten really floats my boat, though (especially the carrot salad, those pretzel rolls, the sliced pork and endive…) so we usually end up there if we want a buffet.

Biergarten=Weinerschnitzel

Ist das nicht ein Schnitzelbank?
Ja das ist ein Schnitzelbank.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;992816]Biergarten=Weinerschnitzel

Ja das ist ein Schnitzelbank.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trust me, we love Biergarten SO very much but end up going there nearly every single trip. We’ll be walking from the World Showcase over to MGM so I thought this would be the perfect in between spot.

I find Cape May just so-so. You might want to try Captains Grille

We always enjoy it there. We have ressies for Dec 2.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;992816]Biergarten=Weinerschnitzel

Ja das ist ein Schnitzelbank.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you said, but your accent sounds great! :laugh:

We love Cape May- DH and DD put a hurting on their clams and I just stick to the regular food!!

It’s delicious and the cookies they have for dessert are totally worth ordering a tall glass of milk to go with!! YUM!

We have eaten there a few times, and have always enjoyed it. Sharon does not do seafood, and always finds things that she likes (is a picky eater) minus the desert area. We have always found there to be a good selection, and always hot. As others have said though, to each his own.

I’m the onlyone out of 4 that likes seafood but its one we have to go to every visit. Sea food is only a small part of the buffet. I love it.

They have pasta, ribs, chicken, turkey, prime rib, great mashed potatoes, and much more.

good info
as i am making ADR’s in about 10 days

Just ate there on Sat. and really enjoyed it. They had plenty of other choices besides seafood and yummy desserts. I think you will enjoy if if that is what you choose.