Hsm4?

I saw this on another site (Twitter again :whistling)

Interesting! I bet Ashley Tisdale will be back, didn’t she “volunteer” to come back to East High and work with the drama dept?

[I]Love is in the air: Disney Channel announces 'High School Musical 4’
11:50 AM PT, Mar 3 2009

Disney Channel has revealed details of “High School Musical 4,” a sequel with a “Romeo & Juliet” spin.

None of the new cast members have been announced – the original stars long ago said the third movie would be their last – but we now know the next installment will revolve around “a classic love triangle” set against a new generation of East High Wildcats and their crosstown rivals, the West High Knights.

Production on “HSM4” will begin later this year with a premiere on the Disney Channel in 2010. Peter Barsocchini will return to write the script; he previously wrote all three movies in the franchise. Bill Borden and Barry Rosenbush will executive produce.

“In crafting this next iteration, we’ve challenged the entire creative team to raise the bar again and create something truly worthy of this extraordinary global phenomenon,” said Gary Marsh, entertainment president of Disney Channels Worldwide.

The feature film “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” has grossed more than $250 million dollars globally. – Denise Martin [/I]

Noooo! Say it isn’t so. HSM 3 was the perfect ending to a lovely trilogy and they need to leave it at that. I didn’t like any of the new characters and without the originals the movie won’t be very good IMO.

I wish they’d change their minds.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;940582]Noooo! Sat it isn’t so. HSM 3 was the perfect ending to a lovely trilogy and they need to leave it at that. I didn’t like any of the new characters and without the originals the movie won’t be very good IMO.

I wish they’d change their minds.[/QUOTE]

Me too, me too . . . the franchise is great, leave it alone!

So all of the original characters will return? I think a 4 will be great. They seem to have done all of them very well. Sometimes the more sequels you make the worse they get. I don’t see that in all of the HSM movies. I would love to see a forth.

No, they are saying a “Whole new cast of characters” :nonono2:

No, NONE of the original characters will appear (except possibly Ashley Tisdale/Sharpay).

Oh, then if thats the case I am not sure how it will be. I would still see it but withour the original cast I don’t know how it will measure up.

Losing the original cast is definitely going to hurt…

They did set it up for a fourth movie in the third one, though - new Troy, Chad, and Sharpay.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;940602]Losing the original cast is definitely going to hurt…

They did set it up for a fourth movie in the third one, though - new Troy, Chad, and Sharpay.[/QUOTE]

A new Troy,Chad and Sharpy,nooooooo. That will definetly not be good.

They have different character names, but are similar characters. I think they were Sophmores this year so they could potentially have 2 more years until they graduate.

The new characters names are:

Tiara Gold played by Jemma McKenzie-Brown

Jimmie “The Rocket” Brown played by Matt Prokop

and Donny Dion played by Justin Martin

I LOVE HSM! But a forth movie is pushing it. I did like the new characters in Senior Year. What if Disney made it into a show on Disney Channel? I think that would be a lot better. The new characters could star in it and the original cast could make special appearances.

Oh, I like that idea.