Hurting for Disney

Okay, it is freezing and there is snow on the ground in Atlanta. Work is stressful. Stress from a death in the family. Too much to do. Okay, who is with me? Can someone send me a gift certificate good for one free month at the Polynesian with Deluxe Dining, Park Hopper, and a park view? LOLOL.

Okay, yay, it is time for me to start planning this years trip! I am thinking maybe Wilderness Lodge this time. My wife says “NO” on the month of June again. Any good recommendation for the “best warm month to go with minimal crowds”?

You live close enough! Jump in the car, go stay at a value resort & eat counter service, life’s too short.

Oh no worries, I had full intention of being there next weekend for the Marathon weekend. I am scheduled to run the half. However, due to a family death I wasn’t able to train for 5 weeks and am not ready. I wish I could talk my wife into going. Next week would be great. I am thinking something warmer. Spring or fall better?

By the way Wishy, LOVED your trip report. My wife loved your pics. You did a great job.

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family. :sad:

Thanks! :biggrin: Glad you both enjoyed it!

Okay, looking more and more like Wilderness Lodge. Anyone stayed there and the Polynesian and got a preference?

I have stayed at both. I prefer the Poly, but only because I am a Hawaiian girl as opposed to a outdoor nature, hiking girl. That being said, if you throw out personal preference, I would say that both are great, and I would take either in a NY second… They were amazing for their detail, and their proximity to the MK cannot be beaten. The boat ride from the Wilderness was great, just different from the monorail, but that made it fun.

I would say, try it it is Disney- you will not be disappointed. The lobby is fabulous! The pool was great too (although we just looked at it…)Have a good trip. I know where you live- It is worth the drive from here…

sorry about the loss. We have only been in the spring and fall. crowd wise I am thinking fall.

Thanks, just what I was looking for. We go every year and we were just looking for something new this time. You reinforced just what I was thinking! Awesome. I will let you guys know how the resie process goes. Now just to come up with date.

May is a great time to go as far as warmth and crowds. I have been several times in May and all times it was wonderful. I have stayed at the WL and LOVED it. I have not stayed at the Poly,so I cannot give you any advice there.

I don’t know about hurting for Disney.
I’m pretty sure now that I’m actually hurting FROM Disney.
All signs seem to point to my torn meniscus happening during our last visit at the beginning of December.
If you want my opinion about Poly or WL, I love WL’s architecture and it is less costly, although the rooms at the Poly are a good deal larger.
I have stayed at both. However, if you do stay at the Poly and you are a club level guest, their club lounge is one of the best in all of WDW along with the Contemporary’s. You can watch MK fireworks very comfortably from the Poly’s and try to imagine a two story tall picture window that faces the park!

Oh, April after Easter when the value season goes back into effect or try late October/early November.

That is what I was going to say. If I lived as close as you do believe me I would be there every chance I could get. :happy:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1012093]I don’t know about hurting for Disney.
I’m pretty sure now that I’m actually hurting FROM Disney.
All signs seem to point to my torn meniscus happening during our last visit at the beginning of December.
If you want my opinion about Poly or WL, I love WL’s architecture and it is less costly, although the rooms at the Poly are a good deal larger.
I have stayed at both. However, if you do stay at the Poly and you are a club level guest, their club lounge is one of the best in all of WDW along with the Contemporary’s. You can watch MK fireworks very comfortably from the Poly’s and try to imagine a two story tall picture window that faces the park!

Oh, April after Easter when the value season goes back into effect or try late October/early November.[/QUOTE]

Aww it sounds like you really went through it, and the cold didn’t help I’m sure

I loved the Poly, it was fun! we enjoyed taking a day off and just hanging at the pool… its really awesome!! :laugh:

I would go at like March if thats not too early, it wasnt cold when we went, but it might be with the weather this year, but another good time is around the end of April, beginning of May.

stayed at both actually and to this day I adore them both. Both are truly stunning resorts and whichever you stay in you will not be disappointed. The only thing which would sway me more if I had the choice would be that the Poly is on the Monorail line whereas WL is bus. Would this ease your vacation in anyway?

Rooms are big, lobby is both is amazing and Pools are great.

Both have my heart in different ways.