I 95 lane closure in South Carolina for 2 months

All,

I-95 Northbound will have one lane closed for about 2 months for a major bridge repair. There is no real easy way to go around without adding the same or more time to your trip. At least they scheduled it during a slower travel period. Traveling this bridge on a regular basis I can say the work is needed.

[B][U]I-95 Repair To Slow Traffic For Several Weeks[/U][/B]
Bridge Near Santee Will Be One Lane Through Mid November

SANTEE, S.C. – Motorists on one of the most heavily traveled interstates in South Carolina can expect heavy traffic jams during September.

The state Department of Transportation is starting repairs on the northbound lane of the Interstate 95 bridge over Lake Marion at Santee. (Map at bottom of page)

Officials say a routine inspection found the concrete on the deck of the bridge built in the late 1960s is deteriorating. The bridge is safe, but repairs are needed.

Construction work begins Sept. 12 and northbound traffic will be limited to one lane traveling at 45 mph 24 hours a day. Wide trucks and overweight loads will be routed around the construction expected to be completed in mid-November.

Motorists are warned to expect heavy congestion, especially on weekends. I-95 is the main north-south route from Maine to Florida.

I’ll be looking for that big “A” when I fly down next month.

The interstates should be marked 95 and 26, so it should be easy to find…

Who you calling a big “A”!?!

If we put an iced down keg there will you stop or just fly right by?

We’ll circle

Can anyone tell me just how bad this delay is

AND

can anyone tell me if the contsruction will be finished by November 12

THX

[QUOTE=Dis4life;1091693]Can anyone tell me just how bad this delay is

AND

can anyone tell me if the contsruction will be finished by November 12

THX[/QUOTE]

I’ll be heading north to NJ for a wedding tomorrow so this will be my first shot through the lane closure. But have timed it to pass through this section around 7PM since we are leaving after work.

Don’t know about Nov 12th though. I’m sure it all depends how much damage they have to repair once they get the initial concrete covering off the span sections.

I am glad it didn’t happen when we were there over the summer…the ride was long enough without delays.