I added-on at BLT (again): Contract #23

I added-on another 125 points at BLT today, giving me 425 points at BLT and 1,250 points overall.

This is my 22nd add-on to my original, giving me 23 contracts. At least they’re all the same UY.

After seeing the recent pictures of BLT in the media (especially those fantastic views), my opinion that BLT will become my favorite resort was solidified.

Once I get the paperwork, I won’t return it until after the new incentives are announced. If the new incentives are better for me, I’ll simply tear it up and have it re-written; otherwise, I’ll sign it and send it back.

My guide repeated what I’ve heard on other boards: that BLT is selling faster than expected, and faster than BCV did.

Now, I was already sold and she had no reason to tell me this to get me to buy, so perhaps there is a tad bit of truth to this? Or maybe that’s what the management is telling their sales force. She mentioned that BLT might sell out in a month or so.

Wow! Congrats to you!

I believe it too. When I was checking for Xmas '09 BLT kept popping as a resort offer, that is no longer the case. And with the photos and hype, I’m not surprised it is selling out quickly. Kudos to Disney! :happy:

ENJOY! :heart:

You know, Mike, I can’t decide to be happy or really jealous of you. :laugh:

I’m leaning toward jealous.

With all those points, do you ever have to go home?:happy:

Congratulations. Enjoy BLT, it looks beautiful.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;967183]Once I get the paperwork, I won’t return it until after the new incentives are announced. If the new incentives are better for me, I’ll simply tear it up and have it re-written; otherwise, I’ll sign it and send it back.

My guide repeated what I’ve heard on other boards: that BLT is selling faster than expected, and faster than BCV did.

Now, I was already sold and she had no reason to tell me this to get me to buy, so perhaps there is a tad bit of truth to this? Or maybe that’s what the management is telling their sales force. She mentioned that BLT might sell out in a month or so.[/QUOTE]

We just bought BLT this past weekend. She told us the same thing, that it’s almost sold out, and seeing they were so close, that once this incentive runs out, there will be no more. Not sure if that was just to push us to buy, but at that point, she was under the impression we were going to purchase AKV, and really had no reason to push BLT.

Mike, when did you start buying DVC?

There’s really something wrong with you. :laugh:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;967187]You know, Mike, I can’t decide to be happy or really jealous of you. :laugh:

I’m leaning toward jealous.

With all those points, do you ever have to go home?:happy:[/QUOTE]

I’m with JoJo. Congrats though!

Hey Mike… I know these are probably innappropriate questions, but I have to ask. Just whack me over the head if I am overstepping the line.

What do you do with those rooms? I don’t know what your profession is, but can you get enough vacation time to use those points? Are you renting those points out for mega-profit? What is your point count now?

I am trying to make sense of owning that much DVC. If you find that it is a profitable investment, I might take another look at owning more.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;967262]Hey Mike… I know these are probably innappropriate questions, but I have to ask. Just whack me over the head if I am overstepping the line.

What do you do with those rooms? I don’t know what your profession is, but can you get enough vacation time to use those points? Are you renting those points out for mega-profit? What is your point count now?

I am trying to make sense of owning that much DVC. If you find that it is a profitable investment, I might take another look at owning more.[/QUOTE]

I think he uses every single point!!! :happy:

I cannot even imagine what the annual fees are for 23 contracts. I could never bring myself to part with that much money, frankly, even if it meant I could practically live at WDW. Just wow.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;967262]Hey Mike… I know these are probably innappropriate questions, but I have to ask. Just whack me over the head if I am overstepping the line.

I am trying to make sense of owning that much DVC. If you find that it is a profitable investment, I might take another look at owning more.[/QUOTE]

I believe Mike and his DW get a 1 bedroom. One week at a 1 bedroom is roughly 230 points, depending on season. So that would be about 5 or 6 weeks. My DH (when he was working) after 20 yrs, got 5 weeks of vacation. Also I believe Mike lives fairly close to FL, so he may do long weekends, which doesn’t use much vacation time but lots of DVC points.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;967262]

Thus far I have been able to successfully use all my points for my own vacations. I’ve never had to rent out any points, although I’m sure I may have to do so occasionally.

I know of others with as many as 3,000 points or more who rent many of them to cover their annual dues, but that’s too much hassle, IMO.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;967271]
I know of others with as many as 3,000 points or more who rent many of them to cover their annual dues, but that’s too much hassle, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I’ve also read of people who have lots of points with the thought of spending 2 -3 months at disney - snowbirds. I guess it’s easier (don’t know about cheaper) to do that, then have 2 houses to deal with.

Congrats! I would hate to call member services about each of the contracts:laugh:

I’d get confused. I’d spend an afternoon at the Biergarten then show up at the wrong resort or try to get into the worng room.

Film at 11.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;967304]I’d get confused. I’d spend an afternoon at the Biergarten then show up at the wrong resort or try to get into the worng room.

Film at 11.[/QUOTE]

Well then, you will have to wear a tag that says “if found, please return to BLT or whatever”

Even without drinking, there have been several times my DH has been “what’s wrong with this stupid card, it won’t open the door”. Uh honey, that’s not our room.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;967309]Well then, you will have to wear a tag that says “if found, please return to BLT or whatever”

Even without drinking, there have been several times my DH has been “what’s wrong with this stupid card, it won’t open the door”. Uh honey, that’s not our room.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh: When I get a rental car that happens alot. Why isnt this key working??? Ummmmm… Its not our car:laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;967309]Well then, you will have to wear a tag that says “if found, please return to BLT or whatever”
[/QUOTE]

I tried that once. DW sewed on a label - with the wrong return address. i ended up in Hoboken.

TWENTY THREE! You must have the strongest wrist to have been able to sign all of those %#@% pieces of paper.

I still don’t understand why they don’t do your first at each resort as a master then just do addendum for each add on. I mean, how many times do you need to sign a recipt for member handbook?!?

I’m REALLY considering another add on with the incentives. Guess I need to make a decision in the next couple of days.