I am a Disney Hoarder

They say the first step is admitting your problem so here I am. I am a Disney Hoarder. DW and DD have been cleaning out closets and drawers to clear space and get rid of things that no longer fit. They have me listing our old Disney things on E-bay and I must say it is hard to let some of it go. I know the kids will never fit into some of these things again (and I won’t either) but selling some of these things feels like I’m selling family photos to strangers. I keep remembering different trips and spending so much time reminiscing I am taking forever. Oh well, if anything, it is bringing back some fond memories. :mickey:

I am a Disney hoarder, as well… but I think mine is worse. I have rubbermaids and rubbermaids stuffed to the brim with Disney paper goods. Like brochures, resort stationary, park tickets, coasters, etc. It’s ridiculous! But I opened one the other day to… stuff more Disney trinkets in :blush: and saw a park map with Disney-MGM Studios on it. I’ve been collecting since the 90s - this stuff could be really cool one day… right? :laugh:

Well, you can send anything with Grumpy on it to me, and I promise to give it a good home.

It’s mostly the kids stuff I hate to see leave but I must admit it is really hard to part with my Disney Designs Mickey Through the Years shirt but I know I will never wear it again.

You could frame it! Or make a quilt of old Disney t-shirts!

You’re being an enabler! :nonono2::wink:

I don’t have too many things. My daughter has a few Disney Dolls boxed up. I like the idea of making a quilt. I am making one for my daughter from all her high school t-shirts.

…we have boxes of Disney stuffed animals here!!! Waiting for the next generation…boxes of Dalmation puppies(and Pongo and Perdita), all the characters from Lil Mermaid…gawrsh— all the characters from every movie released by Disney from about 1988 until…gee…2000 maybe? Dont know…oh wait…re-releases too…DD used to sleep with Bambi…

Hey…we could create a museum just from stuffed animals from Disney!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh I like the t-shirt quilt idea. Tons of tutorial links on Pinterest. Check it out!

I love quilts but making them would be another thing.

That TV show (you know the one!) has made me fanatical about cleaning out closets and drawers. Every time I see it, I go clean something out. I wish I had thought about putting the stuff on Ebay! I bet a lot fo collectors get their Disney stuff there (duh!) and the thought never crossed my mind. Old age is setting in, folks!

You could make it a family project, and the kids could take them off to college when the time comes.

You should think about selling your items on eBay as raising money for another trip to WDW. Another trip to WDW would promote more family memories, new souvenirs, and family togetherness. Sounds like a win win situation to me!

We’re exactly the same in our house, we all have boxes and bags, nooks and crannies filled with Disney memorabilia that we have collected over the years! We found 3 bags full of hotel toiletries a few weeks ago! It’s crazy some of the things we ring home and accumulate over time!

Have to say, I love the idea of a quilt made from old disney t-shirts!

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1119876]We’re exactly the same in our house, we all have boxes and bags, nooks and crannies filled with Disney memorabilia that we have collected over the years! We found 3 bags full of hotel toiletries a few weeks ago! It’s crazy some of the things we ring home and accumulate over time!

Have to say, I love the idea of a quilt made from old disney t-shirts![/QUOTE]

I was so happy to read this thread! My DD6 is a hoarder by nature but the entire family takes the Disney hoarding to a new level. I love some of the ideas suggested but I think that may fuel my need to save even more stuff for Disney craft projects! Maybe this old be a support group in the making.:blink:

…just the other day, I was cleaning out under a sink and found an old Mickey soap still in the black, yellow and red box…we are bad here…

Oh wow, can we start a support group? Meet on Thursdays and share our stories? LOL. We have tons and tons of vintage Disney World stuff, including my dog’s new mid 70’s Disney World back scratcher. Yes, my dog’s since it is in worse shape than the other three we have just like it. LOL. I do still need a few things, anyone got a “custom” perfume bottle from the old perfume store in the Magic Kingdom? I love Disney stuff.

I am happy to say my Mom got me a dial Mickey phone for my birthday to go with my push button Mickey phone. Love you mom!

I don’t think the t-shirt quilts are that difficult. The directions seem pretty easy and it is not like normal quilting. Might be worth looking at. I am an ebay addict and I always look at Disney stuff…there is always cool stuff on there.

HI,

My name is Michael and I am a Disney Hoarder too. :goofybounce:

I wouldn’t say I’m a hoarder, but I only recently shredded about 7 years worth of resort bills and threw out many multiple copies of “the Disney guest guide”.

(As I sit here in my office with a Sully and Mike hanging on my TV, an Agent P on top of my center speaker, and a little Dug on top of the sub woofer)