I am a Disney Snob!

Ok, I hate to admit this, but I am! My DH and I took our kids to Six Flags New England this weekend, and we had a great time! The water park was terrific and they had such a great time on all of the rides and all, but to be honest, the whole time I found myself comparing it to Disney. Granted they are two different entities, Six Flags should get credit for improving what used to be Riverside ten fold! But, at Disney you never see garbarge all over the place, you rarely see Cast Members ignoring guests and suiting their own needs (those who do, I am sure will be given a talking too!), and Disney always tries to put their best foot forward!

We had a great time but, we decided to stay for the “Glow in the Dark” parade, the kids enjoyed it, but DH and I kept shooting one another “the Look” that said, “are you kidding!” The parade had a knock off Malifacent type character in it, which was my first “Huh?” trigger, then each proceeding “float” was a bundle of problems. Half of the float did not light up and you could tell that it was supposed to. They had the Riddler walk around and hold a stick that had two “jailbirds” hanging off from each side, that type of costume was repeated three other times for different character representations. In all, if you have never been to Disney, you wold have been impressed, since that is the not the case for us, it only made me miss “the World” even more!

Sorry to vent, but I thought I should give Disney the credit for the efforts they put into their attractions and to making their guests completely immersed in their “fantasy!”

I do the exact same thing!

We’ve got a Six Flags that’s pretty close, and we haven’t been there for a couple of years because the last trip we had there sounds just like what you experienced.

What I’ve noticed at most amusement parks other than Disney’s, HersheyPark, and Busch parks, there is a greater tendency toward litter and less than attentive CMs. Cedar Point has much friendlier CMs than most other parks and they work at getting guests into a happy frenzy as they dispatch and welcome back coaster trains.As much as I like Universal, there is a guest attitude that leans toward “the heck with you and your group, the world revolves around me” South Florida attitude, although that attitude is beginning to creep into WDW as well.
Perhaps the biggest let down was Cedar Point’s evening ending “laser spectacular” which is such a let down when compared to Reflections of Earth. To be fair, everything is a letdown after ROE, even previous versions of IllumiNations.
But Disney is still lacking the top shelf coasters that other parks have. Coasters like Riverside’s Superman:Ride of Steel, voted the number one or two coaster in the world for many years now and Cedar Point’s Millenium Force which alternates with Superman or other marquee rides like Knott’s Ghostrider and Xcelorator, Magic Mountain’s X, Goliath, Riddler’s Revenge, and Tatsu, Great Adventure’s Superman Ultimate Flight, Nitro, Kingda Ka, and El Toro, or HersheyPark’s Great Bear, Stormrunner, and Lightning Racers.
And no, sorry, Everest and even RnRCoaster don’t hold a candle to these rides. The closest Disney coaster experience to any of these is California Screamin’ and even that one is overly tamed for my taste, despite it being one of the longest roller coasters in the world.
But getting back to entertainment, Disney is far and away the leader in park entertainment with honorable mentions going to both Busch Gardens parks and apparently Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio (which is usually voted one of the best year upon year along with Busch).

I’ve never been to any amusement parks other than WDW, Universal and the Annhauser/Busch parks. But I know my reaction would be exactly the same.

Hello, my name is Llama and I’m a Disney Snob…:huh:

I remember Riverside!
I haven’t been there since they switched over to six flags.
I have a hard time planning trips to any other amusment parks besides Disney.

Well, living in South Florida, WDW IS the closest park, followed by Universal and Seaworld, then Busch Gardens and Cypress Gardens. After that, there’s Wild Adventures in Valdosta and finally SFoG.
Last year was the first year in a while we didn’t do a spring coaster trip, mostly due to high gas prices and this year was even worse. We’re not even getting up to WDW as much as last year!

Im exactly the same! But the theme parks over here in the UK can’t even compare to those in the States! Parades? Costumes? None of that over here, maybe the odd mothball eaten bear costume with a guy inside who had a bit too much to drink the night before is about the closest we get! They definatly don’t know how to do it over here, not even close!

Disney has raised the bar for others in the industry time & time again, none have even come close to being in the same category as far as I am concerned. Disney is on an entirely different level and that is why I continue to come to Disney because I expect the best!:happy:

Yes, I am a DS=Disney Snob:cool:

[QUOTE=llama;855855]I’ve never been to any amusement parks other than WDW, Universal and the Annhauser/Busch parks. But I know my reaction would be exactly the same.

Hello, my name is Llama and I’m a Disney Snob…:huh:[/QUOTE]

What Llama said :smile:

I like that Disney doesn’t have those coasters. I can’t even ride Space Mountain, brrrrrrrr, positively frightening.
All those people who think the rides at WDW are too tame for them, can make room for all of us who don’t think they’re boring :wink:

[QUOTE=Dopey;855895]I like that Disney doesn’t have those coasters. I can’t even ride Space Mountain, brrrrrrrr, positively frightening.
All those people who think the rides at WDW are too tame for them, can make room for all of us who don’t think they’re boring :wink:[/QUOTE]

So back to the original theme of the thread.
Are you a Disney snob, yes or no?

[QUOTE=Dopey;855896]So back to the original theme of the thread.
Are you a Disney snob, yes or no?[/QUOTE]

See…I am not the only threadjacker here at MB:tongue:

And…YES! I am a Disney snob…:cool:

Yes, and proud of it.:cool:

Snob here too

My name is Kim

[B][I][U]AND I AM A DISNEY SNOB!![/U][/I][/B]

Allow me to restate:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;855820]What I’ve noticed at most amusement parks other than Disney’s, HersheyPark, and Busch parks, there is a greater tendency toward litter and less than attentive CMs. Cedar Point has much friendlier CMs than most other parks and they work at getting guests into a happy frenzy as they dispatch and welcome back coaster trains.As much as I like Universal, there is a guest attitude that leans toward “the heck with you and your group, the world revolves around me” South Florida attitude, although that attitude is beginning to creep into WDW as well.
Perhaps the biggest let down was Cedar Point’s evening ending “laser spectacular” which is such a let down when compared to Reflections of Earth. To be fair, everything is a letdown after ROE, even previous versions of IllumiNations.
[G]etting back to entertainment, Disney is far and away the leader in park entertainment with honorable mentions going to both Busch Gardens parks and apparently Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio (which is usually voted one of the best year upon year along with Busch).[/QUOTE]

Of course I am.:cool: Do you have any doubt after 6400 posts, thousands of dollars, and thousands of hours in WDW? Not to mention the thousands of accumulated miles on my cars to get there?
Do you really have any doubts?:wub:

[QUOTE=Peppertink;855897]See…I am not the only threadjacker here at MB:tongue:

And…YES! I am a Disney snob…:cool:[/QUOTE]

OK, I’m a coaster snob and a Disney snob. No threadjacking here. It’s all discussion of why one would or wouldn’t be a Disney snob.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;855911]Allow me to restate:

Of course I am.:cool: Do you have any doubt after 6400 posts, thousands of dollars, and thousands of hours in WDW? Not to mention the thousands of accumulated miles on my cars to get there?
Do you really have any doubts?:wub:[/QUOTE]

yes,yes already. I knew it, just wanted to get definite confirmation one more time.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;855907]My name is Kim

[B][I][U]AND I AM A DISNEY SNOB!![/U][/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Wow Kim, looking at your upcoming trips, I have to be jealous. Just a tiny bit, but I am turning green. How great for you.

Yes, I am a Disney Snob!!!