I am going to Disneyland - now what!

I haven’t been to Disneyland in 7 years and we will be going for a three day weekend next month. I know what to do at DW but I have no idea when it comes to Disneyland.

What rides are different from DW? We may only be able to go for one day. Do I really need to see WOC?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

I’m so glad you asked that question. I’m planning a Disneyland vacation for next Spring and have never been there. I’m a pro at navigating the world, but this will be all new for me. I’m figuring 2 days in the park…only because we will probably never get that way again and I want to do everything (twice!)…Can’t wait to hear what others have to say

There are a lot of different rides at Disneyland! I dont know if they are must do rides or kiddie rides. Someone help!

Between me, Pep, 626, Voldemort, Anaheim Boy… we’ve got this question covered!

We’ve answered a lot of things lately. Here are some threads. I’d suggest reading them (and read my trip reports- 'cause I’m self-promotional that way! :tongue:)

Differences from WDW?

World of Color Query

Park Hopper or One Park?

Good Neighbor Hotels- Yay or Nay?

Hope that helps!

Wow! Thanks for the information Andrea. It will really help!

Disneyland will be fun, especially in November! :wub:

We have Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and The Matterhorn for starters! :wub:

And, from what I understand, Buzz Lightyear is way better in Disneyland. :pirate:

[QUOTE=disneymom;1092200] We may only be able to go for one day. Do I really need to see WOC?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I, unfortunately, have not been to Disneyland since April 2010. So I can’t say anything good or bad about World of Color. :mellow:

Thanks 6-2-6

You’re welcome. Short of a few other mousebuzzers who actually worked there, I spent a lot of time from '03 to '10 driving from San Diego to Anaheim.

After reading Andrea’s threads she linked, if you have any specific questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Best thing about Disneyland is that you don’t have vast acreage to walk from ride to ride. It really does make a difference as you spend less time “commuting” than one would at WDW. :wub:

just got back after a 3 day stay this past weekend,disneyland has a more modern space,splash is similiar but the logs are different,indy is similiar in ride charateristics to dinosaur,pirates is better and longer,fantasmic is shown on the rivers of america…haunted house well it is the original and your timing is good because they will be in christmas and halloween mode,small world obviosly is the original and the exterior is classic,and it is where they do the magic,memories light show,toonland is well toontown…a must in CA is screamin hopefully the renovation will be done by the time you get there,toystory mania is the same,soarin is the same the que is different,the water ride is fun,alladin show is a must,and at night they do and electronica show and the laserman show is a must…tower of terror has improved but I still lean to WDW on that one tough to be a bug is the same…world of color is another must see…hopefully this will help…oops forgot star tours …that is a must also

Two days is enough to ride most of the rides in both parks. It will require timing and fast passes, but if you use every minute you have, by park closing on the end of the second day, you won’t be disappointed! :wub:

Well we have the time, so maybe we’ll do 3 days :whistling

We just returned from our time at Disneyland/DCA too…wish we were back! We loved Star Tours, haven’t been at WDW yet, and The Little Mermaid was so cute! Depending on when you are going, IASW may still be closed for the Christmas transition. Don’t forget to have a bowl of loaded baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe!

Don’t forget to have a bowl of loaded baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe!

That sounds yummy!

[QUOTE=disneymom;1092416]Don’t forget to have a bowl of loaded baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe!

That sounds yummy![/QUOTE]

Well… if you think Pep can be trusted… :whistling

I’d be willing to go with her on this one, though. :biggrin:

Well… if you think Pep can be trusted…

I’d be willing to go with her on this one, though.

Is there a problem that I dont know of?:whistling

Three days is the best! You can take a leisurely approach, without worrying about squeezing everything in under a time-table. And do both parks comfortably, the way they were meant to be enjoyed. :mickey:

I think I spent seven or eight days at the Disney Resort uninterrupted with my heir apparent. Would have spent ten days, but left early for a deposition in San Francisco that got continued, but by then had bought tickets to fly up.

[QUOTE=disneymom;1092416]Don’t forget to have a bowl of loaded baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe!

That sounds yummy![/QUOTE]

There are various places to eat that you must go to. As well as avoid. (i.e., what passes for “pizza” at Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port)

But off the top of my head, these are the must do foods:

In California Adventure
Most of my dining is limited to the Pacific Wharf Cafe, mostly because this is where the soups in a bowl are served. Clam Chowder as well as Broccoli Soup are both served in an edible Sourdough bowl. Both are tasty, especially in the fall/winter months.

In Disneyland
Loaded Baked Potato Soup at Carnation Cafe (Main Street)
Bacon wrapped Asparagus Spears at Bengal Barbeque (Adventure Land)
Monte Cristo Sandwich at Cafe Orleans (New Orleans Square)
Four Cheese Ravioli at Storytellers (Grand Californian Hotel)
Smoked Turkey Leg (I think it’s really a pteradactyl) (Food cart kiosk)
Jazz Kitchen Cheeseburger (filet mignon) (Jazz Kitchen, Downtown Disney)

And, of course, ANYTHING at Napa Rose. (Grand Californian Hotel) You really should go there at least once during your trip, even if it’s just for soup or dessert. Absolutely the best restaurant in the parks. :wub:

Don’t forget the Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans.

And I agree… three days is what you need.

Yum, you are making me hungry. I am going to have to try at least a few of these on our trip! Thanks.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1092492]Don’t forget the Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans.

And I agree… three days is what you need.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned in an earlier thread, this Ogre has not yet enjoyed the luxury of eating Pommes Frites. Though I does plan to order them next time I go. :wub: