I am having the hardest time deciding where to eat

I"m not looking for suggestions.
I’m just saying I am having great difficulty deciding what to do for anything.
I don’t know how much this has to do with my wanting to hold spending down, how much I’m not excited about anything, or if this is because the park schedules aren’t the best the week we’ll be there. There’s two nights that Illuminations is at 10, not 9 while Fantasmic is every night, one show only at 7:30. I’ve also got a strong suspicion that park hours will be extended, but they haven’t made a final decision and published new times.
I can’t recall ever having this problem, certainly not to this extent.
Especially after I knocked out 6 days worth of dining scheduling and reservation making in about 90 minutes for our last trip.

Anyone else sharing this experience?

I noted in Dana’s January trip thread currently running that we have not a firm plan on paper for our arrival in 11 days. And I’m not worried.

Life’s too short. Take it as it comes and if you miss something so be it.

…can’t help you…we never plan for our meals at Disney…but I can see how frustrating it must be if you usually do–and it’s just not working out this time…

They did change our park hours right before we arrived in August…

Maybe just pick a nice meal for your anniversary and then wing the rest of it~

This is a great idea…the rest may just fall into place…as I’ve said many times here…we never make reservations ahead of time and usually walk into a nice place to eat…good luck…

Don’t worry. I just recently planned a trip 10 days out, in July. I got everything I wanted for ADR 's. now, we did not end up making a lot of nighttime shows, but that was because we had a toddler with us. Plus we had seen the shows, so it was no big deal that we missed it. Trust me, for me that was so hard. But, I did survive, and no one complained about it.

Your trip will be fine, no worries. You will be at Disney.

Yes.

Up until last week, the October hours were rather lame. The parks didn’t open until 9:00 each day, and they closed early (AK at 5:00… not like it’s an all-day park, but still). I just decided that it would be a great excuse to relax and explore the resorts. I was actually a little disappointed when they extended the hours because I figure that means Disney is anticipating greater crowds.

What worked for me was to plan one thing that I’m really looking forward to and not worry about the rest. I went lax on the ADRs, figuring we can decide a lot as we go (only booked one character meal which is totally odd for me). Staying at a resort that I had never before had any desire to stay at, but couldn’t pass up the deal and am now super pumped about it (SSR). And I’m really, really excited about MNSSHP - an event we’ve never attended before. I’m putting in a lot of energy into reading people’s touring plans and coming up with our costumes (still undecided…).

You will love the Halloween party. It is such a fun atmosphere…even without costumes.

That much was done when I locked dates last week.
Some things can’t be left to chance.

Hanwill, I think this is our 10th or 11th MNSSHP.

LMM, I’ve already got a strong clue that the parks will be more crowded just by finding out how little choice there was in resorts for our dates. That’s one reason I’m not charging ahead too much.

To all, I did make two other reservations after I started the thread. I think I just might be happy enough eating ham and cheese omelets at Pop’s food court most mornings. There is also the later closing places in DTD for dinner and considering the time we’d arrive, I’m sure we’ll have no trouble walking up to Wolfgang Puck’s or HoB.

Soundgod, I agree. Dining on the fly at WDW has become so challenging. We have been making dinner reservations only for MOST of the evenings instead of all of them. And rarely do we book lunch anymore. We know we can usually wander into Biergarten, or grab a turkey brie sandwich at SSR, sushi at Poly, etc. However, that plan has become more of a question mark, as it hasn’t worked as well lately.
It is significantly harder at Studios and MK. I am thinking that WDW would really benefit from some mid-grade CS places that serve food that is a cut above the regular CS fare and that have seating for a couple of hundred or so, in the shade! Like the area outside the Plaza that is used for dessert evenings, etc. So it would be possible to get good food (and wine/beer?) quickly without feeling like you are eating CS.
P.S. I became a cheerleader for the cocktails at Cava, but that’s only half the story. We used it also a as place to go grab some fresh guacamole when we wanted a quick meal, a cheap meal, or a place to while away an hour waiting for fireworks. It is a very rare format in that place.

To threadjack, why is illuminations at 10?

I have thought of just winging it and not planning the meals and eating when and where we like at the time, but then I chicken out.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122465]
I’m just saying I am having great difficulty deciding what to do for anything.
I don’t know how much this has to do with my wanting to hold spending down, how much I’m not excited about anything, or if this is because the park schedules aren’t the best the week we’ll be there.

Anyone else sharing this experience?[/QUOTE]

Dare I say this but it sounds like you have a case of the Been There-Done Thats and maybe a (WDW) break is needed. A change of scenery does us all good every once in awhile.

Yes we have experienced that. Many moons ago when we had gone for years in a row we noticed at the end of one trip it just wasn’t as enjoyable as others past. I realized we went just because we could, not because we really wanted to so we took a break. The next trip back was Wonderful! This is another reason we took this year off after going several years in a row, I didn’t want a repeat. Last trip I didn’t leave feeling the way I had before, but I didn’t want to chance getting that feeling this year and go into the new expansion next year feeling burned out. So yes, we have.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1122528]Dare I say this but it sounds like you have a case of the Been There-Done Thats and maybe a (WDW) break is needed. A change of scenery does us all good every once in awhile.
[/QUOTE]

I’m beginning to think the same thing.
Maybe we should have tried to get tickets to the last presidential debate, which coincidentally is on Oct 22 at Lynn University in Boca. That’s figuratively in my back yard. But I didn’t think that was the way to celebrate an anniversary.

We haven’t cruised since the week after 9/11, not that that event has anything to do with anything. Maybe it’s time. Maybe skip WDW all together next October and just go to the other 3 parks (Uni, SeaWorld, and Busch).

I do know that since we moved 50 miles closer (or 1 hour less drive time) in 2005 it’s as if a barrier to frequent visits was lifted.

Not really a threadjack if it’s my thread and we’re talking about dining scheduling. You know by now, that’s a major component of all my plans.

So, why? Epcot is closing at 10 PM on Friday Oct 19 and Saturday Oct 20.
Yes, I’ve never heard of this before either. It’s been regular as clockwork at 9, except between Thanksgiving and Dec 30 when it closes at 9:30.
My guess is weekends during Food & Wine would be the reason.

There will be more quick serve this trip, but then again, there was more quick serve for our pre Christmas 2011 visit.
I just don’t want to revert to a burger and fries diet.
I guess when all is done, there could be 7 sit down reservations over 6.5 days, which is far less than the normal 12-14.

There’s also been plenty of mornings that I’ve changed reservations once we were there.
Whatever happens in the end, it will work out.

we usually just have a counter that day… it is always a tiring day

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122535]There will be more quick serve this trip, but then again, there was more quick serve for our pre Christmas 2011 visit.
I just don’t want to revert to a burger and fries diet.
I guess when all is done, there could be 7 sit down reservations over 6.5 days, which is far less than the normal 12-14.

There’s also been plenty of mornings that I’ve changed reservations once we were there.
Whatever happens in the end, it will work out.[/QUOTE]

I try to mix up my counter service meals so that I’m not on a burger and fries diet too. Thank goodness for the World Showcase for lots of variety! :happy:

SG, for the trip last week, I was right there with you. I wasn’t against a trip, I was actually super excited about it, but the planning was bringing me down. It turned out to be a great week and I will do a trip report soon, but the hours were bummers and the park was much more crowded than we thought it would be.

The hours of September/October are odd and challenging.

It doesn’t hurt that Food & Wine will be fully in effect when we’re there.

I’ve got to reply to Miss Disney, but this is a place holder until I do.

CJ, right, it isn’t that I’m not happy to be going and I am looking forward to it.
I just like minimizing speed bumps.
Everything will work out and I’m not really that worried.
I’ve been a musician long enough that I should have little problem improvising, so long as I’m prepared for anything when I leave the house and hit the road.