I am having the hardest time deciding where to eat

Yay! I am interested to hear your thoughts on my evil CS plan! :laugh:

If you mean opening mid level CS which on a spectrum would have better and more varied dishes than standard CS fare but not quite to the level of a sit down (i.e. no steak dinners), yeah. That’s a great idea and something I’m sure many would appreciate.
Something a step above WP Express would be a place to start.
Perhaps a take away sushi bar with a wider selection than the Kona Sushi Bar.
Enough places like this and you’ll begin to bleed off the crushing crowds at sit downs and make the CS dining plan more worthwhile. And it could lower some of Disney’s operating costs as well.

They certainly need to have decent sized sheltered and shaded dining areas, but more important is air conditioned dining areas.
If you mean Cava, we’re not much into Mexican, so that doesn’t play so well for us. Not saying it’s a bad idea, it just isn’t us.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122534]
My guess is weekends during Food & Wine would be the reason.[/QUOTE]

That’s my guess, too. We’re planning to watch IllumiNations on a Sunday, and it’s at 10 PM, but it’s at 9:00 PM that Monday. I was a little bummed when I figured this out because I had made our dinner reservations thinking IllumiNations would be at 9 as almost always… now we just have a little more time to kill before IllumiNations (wasn’t planning on watching it from the restaurant… San Angel, but planning to leave the restaurant, then line up, so it’s not a huge dilemma).

Will you be there in October? They’ve already released the extended October hours. Have you seen this - http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_Oct.pdf

I’ve actually had a pretty easy time “winging it” with dining outside of the parks. We can always find a place to eat along the Boardwalk, especially during the afternoons. We like to escape DHS and go eat there where it’s less crowded. Whispering Canyon, Kona Cafe, and the other somewhat under-rated resort restaurants are typically easy to walk up to or reserve that day.

Victoria, many thanks for the updated calendar.
Most is unchanged and what is changed, I was anticipating. You know the second MSEP and the second Fantasmic. I did feel that MK and DHS hours would add one more hour.
What I like is the MK evening EMH on the 22nd, a Monday and our anniversary.

What I did check twice was all of the Sundays for IllumiNations times. What I saw was every Sunday in October is normal hours and RoE is at 9, not 10. What day were you eating at San Angel?

Magic Kingdom (at least for when we’ll be there - October 12-16) added their extra hour in the morning, now opening at 8:00 instead of 9:00. So I cancelled my 8:10 Crystal Palace ADR and switched it to a 9:30 so we’ll have about an hour and a half in the park with minimal crowds to ride Space Mountain, etc., then go eat.

We’ll be at San Angel Sunday, October 14 - you’re right, that is a regular 9:00 Fantasmic time. I think I accidentally read Saturday’s (my planner calendar reads differently with Sat and Sun on the end, so I get confused)… I better go make sure my scheduling is correct.

Well Victoria, seems we’re missing by 2 days.
Plus we’re also missing Rich by a few days.
That’s a shame.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122650]Well Victoria, seems we’re missing by 2 days.
Plus we’re also missing Rich by a few days.
That’s a shame.[/QUOTE]

I know. Were single digiting it now. Time to get moving on a packing list.

Well, Boss is coming back next October and he usually goes the same time we do.
Perhaps even RL could be there too.
So to paraphrase my relatives : “Next year in Disney World”.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122668]Well, Boss is coming back next October and he usually goes the same time we do.
Perhaps even RL could be there too.
So to paraphrase my relatives : “Next year in Disney World”.[/QUOTE]

If the economy holds. I know our AP’s will be good through Oct 4, 2013. We hope to get 3 trips out of them. One will be F&G in the spring. We might even try a FW trip with our friends who will be with us this trip. Never stayed at FW. Now to find a motorhome to borrow. The Marines cured my desire to sleep in a tent after I retired.:laugh:

:laugh::laugh: The Girl Scouts ( leader) cured my love of tent camping…if my GKs ever want me to go…I’m renting the most luxurious camper they make! These bones can’t handle contact with the ground anymore…

No service experience with military camping, but I haven’t camped since 75.
Motorhome? Memories of touring with one and the need to dump, which led to the no use rules. No use of bathroom, little use of shower, no cooking.

I’ve thought about camping again, but wife wouldn’t want to and I can’t make the case for it anymore myself. Similar for the motorhome, only here the questions become simply, why and where?