I am planning my ADRs YAY!

So we are going to Disney June 2010 and my ADR window opens on Dec 23!! I can’t believe it is almost here.
So, I thought I would share what we have come up with. We are not HUGE eaters, but my DH looks at our vacations as a time to throw all healthy eating out the window:laugh:!

June 21st (my DS will turn 9 this day): His pick is [B]Whispering Canyon [/B]for dinner

I don’t have what days will go with what meals yet, but here are the rest of the meals:

[B]O’Hana’s [/B]for dinner (DS who will be 11 picked this)
[B]Chef Mickey’s[/B] (not sure what meal yet-open to suggestions, though!!) (new for us)
[B]Akershus[/B] for breakfast (my DD’s pick) (new for us)
[B]Crystal Palace[/B] (thinking early entry into MK therefore, it would be breakfast, but maybe not:laugh:) (new for us)
[B]50’s Primetime[/B] (dinner) (new for us)
We originally said [B]Tony’s[/B] but then starting looking at the other Italian restaurants and now we are leaning towards [B]Tutto Italia [/B]for dinner. (all new to us)

My DH and boys also want to go to the [B]ESPN Club[/B] because we have not been there since our honeymoon in 1997:ohmy:, so we were thinking of eating here for dinner on one of the breakfast days (we’ll probably pay OOP for this one)

We need 8 days of meals- I am not counting ESPN as one because it may end up being the boys and my DD and I might go off on our own, so [B]I possibly need one more restaurant. [/B]
As you can see, a lot of these are new for us because we are creatures of habit and once we find a place we like we keep going back!
Also, I just have a few concrete decisions to make regarding what type of meal and what Italian restaurant to book. So I am open to suggestions!!

Isn’t it exciting? I love planning our ADRs, it makes the trip seem more real. You have fun restaurants picked for your kids, they are going to have a great time.

i don’t like italian food but LOVED mama melrose’s but since you are already eating somewhere in HS that might not be convenient.

I love planning and reworking everything and I think it is even more fun because it has snuck up on me!

I don’t mind eating in DHS again if need be! I have heard MM is pretty good- there are too many good restaurants.

I was thinking of possibly throwing AKL in for the meal I still need to add.

[QUOTE=Princessbaby;1007522]I don’t mind eating in DHS again if need be! I have heard MM is pretty good- there are too many good restaurants.

I was thinking of possibly throwing AKL in for the meal I still need to add.[/QUOTE]

boma is my absolute FAVORITE dinner in all of disney!!!
the carrot and ginger soup is AMAZING! i am probably the pickiest eater you will ever meet but i just absolutely devour the entire boma buffet!!!:wub::wub::wub:

We loved 50’s prime time, and sci-fi, Chef Mickeys is a MUST for us. We like Le Cellier and Marrakesh were wonderful! You have great picks, enjoy

Looks yummy to me! You have some of my favorites on that list. Le Cellier in Epcot is wonderful but a hard ADR to get but worth the try.

We did that one last time and for some reason it just wasn’t as good as usual so we left it off our list for this trip.

Crystal Palace and 50s Prime Time are always on my list. I like the variety of meat at CP and the homestyle food at 50s. I also enjoy going to 50s because it reminds me of my great grandma’s house!

Akershus, interesting… DW and I just at there for the first time last week and wasn’t too big on it. In my opinion there seems to be an interesting situation there. I know that all of the kids love to eat there because of the interactions with the princesses, but the app. bar and food choices are not too kid friendly. We decided that we would go there again if we were with others that wanted to eat there but we didnt think that we would choose to go back. Maybe breakfast is much better than dinner. You will have to let me know.

ESPN Club… love that place! If you are needing another place to try you might try Sci-Fi Drive-In. That is a place that has a fun atmosphere and good food. We prefer dinner over lunch here. Boma is another great place. Okay, I will quit rambling now. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Buzz’s#1Ranger;1007978]Crystal Palace and 50s Prime Time are always on my list. I like the variety of meat at CP and the homestyle food at 50s. I also enjoy going to 50s because it reminds me of my great grandma’s house!

Akershus, interesting… DW and I just at there for the first time last week and wasn’t too big on it. In my opinion there seems to be an interesting situation there. I know that all of the kids love to eat there because of the interactions with the princesses, but the app. bar and food choices are not too kid friendly. We decided that we would go there again if we were with others that wanted to eat there but we didnt think that we would choose to go back. Maybe breakfast is much better than dinner. You will have to let me know.

ESPN Club… love that place! If you are needing another place to try you might try Sci-Fi Drive-In. That is a place that has a fun atmosphere and good food. We prefer dinner over lunch here. Boma is another great place. Okay, I will quit rambling now. :)[/QUOTE]

Great ideas and insight! I appreciate it! I hope the Akershus breakfast is pretty good, but my DD won’t care what she is eating as long as she sees her princesses!!:wub:

No problem. I love to eat when I go to Disney. DW and I have tried many places and there are still some we want to get to. Whispering Canyon is on our to do list so you will have to let me know how that goes.

Sounds like a delish list…yummy!
We are also going in June 2010! What week will you be there??
I’m sooo excited to start planning our ADR! !
We don’t usually make many ADR but this year we will be; we have 25 of us going, i thought it a must.

So we will be looking for any yummy advice! :laugh:

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1008549]Sounds like a delish list…yummy!
We are also going in June 2010! What week will you be there??
I’m sooo excited to start planning our ADR! !
We don’t usually make many ADR but this year we will be; we have 25 of us going, i thought it a must.

So we will be looking for any yummy advice! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

We are 1 day ahead of you! AND we are staying at POR! Soooo, 25-yikes!! I bet I’ll be able to find you at the pool!!:laugh:

Not all 25 are staying at POR!! The other are staying off site :laugh:

OK-I feel better!!:laugh:
Have you planned out your ADRs yet??

[QUOTE=Princessbaby;1008553]OK-I feel better!!:laugh:
Have you planned out your ADRs yet??[/QUOTE]

No I have not :blush:. I wanted to get threw the holidays first. But now that I see your list it makes me want to get on it!!
I want to see what everyone’s (MBs) favorites are too.
We’ve been to WDW many times but we always seem to eat at the same places, and I really want to mix it up this year. We’ve only done the 50’s & Boma for buffets. I know I want to try Chef Mickey’s, and that’s about it. Plus not all of the resturant have jumped on the DDP yet:huh:

Love the ESPN Club, I would do Crystal Palace for lunch, Hated 50’s PrimeTime with a passion- do I need to say more. You should try Kona Cafe I heard its really good-going our next trip!