I am SO glad they're bringing this back

$99 Florida Resident 3-Day Pass | Walt Disney World Resort

This just came through on my Facebook today and I’m happy they’re bringing this back. This may just make Disney feasible for me this year.

Now off to see if I can convince the rest of my family to get on board. :biggrin:

Wow thats great! Hope you can make it happen and get to go.

Wished I lived in Florida.

Commercials started running tonight.

And I just got email from Disney on the deal…

Not that it would help me (not FL res) but are those tickets good for all yr or just low season? Just curious how disney thinks with bumping up the crowds.

The way it worked in 2011 was that the three day Florida resident ticket was good for 6 months after first use.
On the other hand, it’s only for 3 days and if you want 4 days or more, you’re back to buying regular tickets that expire much more quickly.
I’m not sure that these tickets have blackout periods.
Nice that the price is down a little from last year.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1098772]The way it worked in 2011 was that the three day Florida resident ticket was good for 6 months after first use.
On the other hand, it’s only for 3 days and if you want 4 days or more, you’re back to buying regular tickets that expire much more quickly.
I’m not sure that these tickets have blackout periods.
Nice that the price is down a little from last year.[/QUOTE]

Actually Soundgod, I saw in the post that you can add on an additional day for $30, still a pretty good deal.

Also when you guy these tickets, you’re able to upgrade them to an annual or seasonal pass within I think 180 days, and the cost you’ve already put out for the $99 pass goes towards your annual/seasonal pass. The year for the pass starts when you initially buy and use the $99 pass, but it’s still a good way to break it up and deflect some of your cost.

If I’m wrong on that please someone feel free to correct me.

They are only valid until May 2012…

For a limited time, Florida Residents can purchase the Wild for 3 Pass—a 3-day ticket to Walt Disney World Resort theme parks—for just $99, plus tax! Purchase January 2, 2012 through May 21, 2012 and enjoy admission to one theme park per day on any 3 days January 2, 2012 through May 24, 2012, excluding blockout dates.* Good at any of the 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks!
With 3 days at the theme parks, you can enjoy more magical moments with loved ones. Looking for a little extra magic? Add a 4th day for just $30 more, plus tax, with the Wild for 4 Pass!

• Blockout dates are February 18, 2012 through February 20, 2012 and April 1, 2012 to April 13, 2012. Passes are non-transferable, are only valid during regularly scheduled operating hours and exclude activities/events priced separately. No additional discounts apply. Proof of Florida residency is required for each adult age 18 and older.

I’ve got a story I still need to relate about upgrading tickets to APs and some other things that went right and wrong, but that’s for a thread I need to put up in “Resorts”.

But being able to add a fourth day for $30 winds up cheaper than last year’s 3 Day Florida Resident Ticket (FRT). You do still need to add the park hopper option, same as last year. I haven’t looked, but last year, at least in October, Florida residents could add park hopper or waterparks and more for half price ($27.50 instead of $55).
This is all just discussion and not meant to approve or indict anything.

Now, so long as you can upgrade those tickets to any form of AP up to 180 days from first use, I’d say that’s a positive and does work to spread out your payments for an AP without entering into a monthly plan.
Just remember, that if you do upgrade to an AP, should you wish to renew, your anniversary date will be the first day that you entered a park with the original 3 day.