I apologize in advance for this question, but

Does Universal/IOA have seasonal rates? There website shows a price for tickets, but they seem to be open dated so that they can be used now or in the fall at the same price? This seems odd to me…should we wait to purchase hoping the prices will come down for the fall?

We just want a 2 day pass, both parks, but they make it cheaper for the 7 day…

Does anyone have any tips on getting discount tickets? Universal Hollywood is offering free kids tickets, but not so in Orlando.

Sorry for the non-Disney thread, but we will be in Orlando for 13 days and my kids are Spongebob freaks…(also want them to see the quality difference, so they dont Ever want to go back! LOL)

I dont know what state you are in or if you have AAA…this was from the AAA website:

Special Offer at AAA for Florida Residents
Through December 31, 2008
1-Day, 1-Park for $49.95 - Ticket is only available at AAA
HUGE MEMBER SAVINGS OF $21.05 PER TICKET

1-Day, 1-Park with 2nd Day & 2nd Park Free* (Florida Resident Special Offer)
“2 Days for the Price of 1!” Now through August 31, 2008. – Save $47.00

I have never notices any seasonal rates. It’s usually just a set price, with some deals coming out once in a while for 7 or 14 day tickets.

If you buy it on-line - the price should be $89.99 (2 park ticket) You can use this ticket to get into both parks for 7 consecutive days (it expires after the 7th day). This price is cheaper than if you purchase at the park (99.99).

I don’t think they will drop the price (they just raised it online from 79.99 to 89.99) in June.

I don’t know where you can get cheaper 2 day ticket for both parks. Good luck, and I hope you have a great time!!

Unlimited park-to-park admission to Universal Studios Florida®, Universal’s Islands of Adventure®, AND Wet 'n Wild® for up to seven (7) consecutive days.
If you buy it on-line the price is $99.99 3 park ticket.You can use this ticket to get into all three parks.

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;856772]Does Universal/IOA have seasonal rates? There website shows a price for tickets, but they seem to be open dated so that they can be used now or in the fall at the same price? This seems odd to me…should we wait to purchase hoping the prices will come down for the fall?

Does anyone have any tips on getting discount tickets? Universal Hollywood is offering free kids tickets, but not so in Orlando.

Sorry for the non-Disney thread, but we will be in Orlando for 13 days and my kids are Spongebob freaks…(also want them to see the quality difference, so they dont Ever want to go back! LOL)[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize: this is the correct forum to post Universal questions.

Get the internet tickets. It’s the best price even if you only use it for 2 of the days.

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;856772]Does Universal/IOA have seasonal rates? There website shows a price for tickets, but they seem to be open dated so that they can be used now or in the fall at the same price? This seems odd to me…should we wait to purchase hoping the prices will come down for the fall?

Sorry for the non-Disney thread, but we will be in Orlando for 13 days and my kids are Spongebob freaks…(also want them to see the quality difference, so they dont Ever want to go back! LOL)[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM/ :happy:

I bought ours for our upcoming trip off Ebay from a travel agent who sells online. They were 79 each for a 7 day ticket into both Universal parks. The downside is that I have to wait in line to pick up my tickets instead of using the kiosk like I usually do. I figured that the money I saved was worth getting there a few minutes early to pick up the tickets.

You can also purchase the tickets at AAA. They seem to have really good prices. Hope this helps you.

i have to laugh… everyone always seems to feel like they are “cheating” by asking Universal questions… it cracks me up!